Inspirational Quotes

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
We had a thread about htis a while ago but I thought for all of us struggling , perhaps we could share our favorite quotes
Like this one

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    We cannot change the wind,
    We cannot change the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

The man at the top of the mountain did not fall there.

thank you for starting this thread. I always learn something new from these posts.
    Christopher Reeve was an inspiration and so was his wife.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    You must be the change you
    You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Gandhi
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    mamolady said:

You must be the change you
    You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Gandhi

if you can't change your situation
    If you can't change your situation , change your attitude.

Laura
  • tjohnson2310
    tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
    Betty Shabazz
    Find the good and celebrate it.
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    you
    You can only have one thought at a time, so it might as well be positive
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    I am not afraid of the storm for I am learning to sail my ship" Louisa May Alcot.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Just Mary Englebright...but it works for me!
    "Bloom where you are planted"

That one helps me sometimes...Even though it is just from Mary Englebright!
    Sybil
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    CAchick said:

Sybil

Patrick Overton
    "When you have come to the edge of all light that you know
    And are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown,
    Faith is knowing
    One of two things will happen.
    There will be something solid to stand on or
    You will be taught to fly."
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Patrick Overton
    "When you have come to the edge of all light that you know
    And are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown,
    Faith is knowing
    One of two things will happen.
    There will be something solid to stand on or
    You will be taught to fly."

Unknown
    "You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday."
  • emamei
    emamei Member Posts: 146
    Here are three good ones...
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Maria Robinson

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

Ashley Smith

“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.” Unknown
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You expected anything else from me????
    "We do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to do."

~Melvin B. Tolson~
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    CAchick said:

Sybil

LOL I love Mary Englebright
    LOL I love Mary Englebright too~ "Life is just a chair of bowlies" and my favorite, "Snap out of it!!!"
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    The only constant is
    The only constant is change
    My grandson told this one.

Diana
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    gagee said:

The only constant is
    The only constant is change
    My grandson told this one.

Diana

Courage isn't always a loud roar
    Sometimes courage is a quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we should dance.

Don't know the authors, but I love those two.

Hugs, Renee
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    missrenee said:

Courage isn't always a loud roar
    Sometimes courage is a quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we should dance.

Don't know the authors, but I love those two.

Hugs, Renee

I am strong
    I am strong because I've known weakness, I am compassionate because I have experienced suffering, I am alive because I am a fighter, I am wise because I've been foolish, I can laugh because I have known sadness. I can love because I have known loss. I am a strong woman who has weathered the storm but still loves to dance in the rain...♥

An acronym for CANCER:
    Courage
    Attitude
    Never give up
    Curability
    Enlightenment
    Remembrance of fellow fighters

one more: Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Favorites
    "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as she who has felt the same wound herself? "
    --Thomas Jefferson

And...

"Tell a man that there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he'll believe you... Tell him that a bench has wet paint upon it and he'll have to touch it to be sure." Murphy's Law

I used it, change a few words and taped it above the Fax Machine. People would come in and inquire if their fax came in. If I said, "no". They would go over to the Fax machine and look around. As if I had lied. So then I taped the quote above it.

"Tell a man that there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he'll believe you... Tell him that his fax didn't come in and he will go to the Fax machine and look around. "

At least they left with a smile on their face instead of a frown.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    chenheart said:

LOL I love Mary Englebright
    LOL I love Mary Englebright too~ "Life is just a chair of bowlies" and my favorite, "Snap out of it!!!"

I have a pillow...
    with "Snap out of it!!" on it... :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    SIROD said:

Favorites
    "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as she who has felt the same wound herself? "
    --Thomas Jefferson

And...

"Tell a man that there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he'll believe you... Tell him that a bench has wet paint upon it and he'll have to touch it to be sure." Murphy's Law

I used it, change a few words and taped it above the Fax Machine. People would come in and inquire if their fax came in. If I said, "no". They would go over to the Fax machine and look around. As if I had lied. So then I taped the quote above it.

"Tell a man that there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he'll believe you... Tell him that his fax didn't come in and he will go to the Fax machine and look around. "

At least they left with a smile on their face instead of a frown.

One of my personal favorites ...
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart".

Helen Keller
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    VickiSam said:

One of my personal favorites ...
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart".

Helen Keller

Ihave found so many recently in reading,
    especially in "Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul" but a couple stick in my mind.

"You never know how strong you are until strong is your only option"

"Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water" - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Suriving cancer has taught me not to worry about the little things any more. Like growing old" - I can't remember who said it and I hope I have it right, but it's at least close.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." - Proverbs 3:5-6, always a favorite.
  • Tkitty
    Tkitty Member Posts: 56
    skipper54 said:

Ihave found so many recently in reading,
    especially in "Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul" but a couple stick in my mind.

"You never know how strong you are until strong is your only option"

"Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water" - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Suriving cancer has taught me not to worry about the little things any more. Like growing old" - I can't remember who said it and I hope I have it right, but it's at least close.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." - Proverbs 3:5-6, always a favorite.

quotes
    She who laughs, lasts -Mary Engelbreit