Pomp and circumstance.

laughs_a_lot
laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
Well today was my last chemo treatment and tommorrow will be my last Neulasta shot. Yippee!!! I also had the great pleasure of having my final treatment on my grandson's birthday. I think that this is a sort of sign that I am going to have a good many more birthdays. The nurse and I hummed the graduation song Pomp and Circumstance once the took out the IV. Silly but cute. Now on to 33 radiation treatments starting mid September.

Just a quick note regarding Neulasta and achyness. Many have spoken about Claratin as way to reduce the achyness. I had been taking Claratin prior to chemo and found it did not work well for my allergies. I was a bit worried that I would have to go back on it because of Neulasta but I was also worried about either double dosing or being under treated on my allergies depending on what the allergist reccomended I do with the other allergy med I take. I tried chemo without going back on Claratin. My Allegra did just as well as the Claratin on taking care of any achyness. I thought perhaps you all would like to know who are comming up on chemo. You may be able to take your present anti allergy med if you have found Claratin ineffective on you allergies.

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Your Last Chemo Treatment
    Congratulations on that LAST chemo infusion. My last was a year ago. For me it was such a sense of relief knowing that the worst part of the journey was over. Diagnostics, surgery then 16 rounds of chemo. No radiation. It seemed like the real start on the way to recovery. My appetite came back (not necessarily a good thing), my hair started growing, and now I once again have 2 breasts. I am sure you are smiling from ear to ear. Humming Pomp & Circumstance is a nice touch. After all, it IS a graduation of sorts. I know some people ring a bell when their last chemo is over. Good luck with the radiation.

IRENE
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339

Your Last Chemo Treatment
    Congratulations on that LAST chemo infusion. My last was a year ago. For me it was such a sense of relief knowing that the worst part of the journey was over. Diagnostics, surgery then 16 rounds of chemo. No radiation. It seemed like the real start on the way to recovery. My appetite came back (not necessarily a good thing), my hair started growing, and now I once again have 2 breasts. I am sure you are smiling from ear to ear. Humming Pomp & Circumstance is a nice touch. After all, it IS a graduation of sorts. I know some people ring a bell when their last chemo is over. Good luck with the radiation.

IRENE

Woohoo!!!
    Congrats on your last day of chemo...i bet its a great feeling...cant wait until i can post the same...i'm sure rad is no where near chemo...so i've been told... ;o)

Hugs
    Eva
  • Solange49
    Solange49 Member Posts: 10
    Yea!!
    That's great news! Congrads on your last chemo. My last one is coming up on the 13th. I'll have that part of my treatment over. :) thanks for the Allegra info. I have taken Claritin before chemo but wondered about the effectiveness of other allergy medication.

Diana
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Congratulatins for finishing
    Congratulatins for finishing up with chemo. Now on to rad's. Hope all goes well with that.
    Hugs:)
    Annette