5K went well today

ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
I did the 5K walk this morning at the Marathon for the Cause in Sunriver. The proceeds all go to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

If your legs are tired it is because "we" completed the course in 56 minutes...a new record for me...must have been all of you along side me.

Another great thing that happened is that I met a survivor who will be running the Marathon tomorrow. It will be her 274th marathon since her battle with the beast. She is a true sign of hope and a great inspiration.

Hugs,
Georgia

Comments

• cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Congratulations on the walk
    Congratulations on the walk and your personal best!! I bet your legs were tired but what a good feeling mentally and emotionally you got from doing it so well!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Congratulations on the walk
    Congratulations on the walk and your personal best!! I bet your legs were tired but what a good feeling mentally and emotionally you got from doing it so well!!

Georgia .. Wow 58 minutes .. Good job!
    Please rest now and savor the memories, new friends and accomplishment. Way to Go... I am so proud of you.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    great job Georgia.
    That is pretty good timing. Glad you could hear all of us cheering you on!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Georgia, Great time. Hope
    Georgia, Great time. Hope you HAD a great time! : ) Thanks for walking for all of us. xoxoxo Lynn
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Nice!
    Congrats on the time!

Cindy
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    That explains why I didn't
    That explains why I didn't want to go on my walk! A new personal record~that's really exciting. Thank you for bringing us along.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    camul said:

great job Georgia.
    That is pretty good timing. Glad you could hear all of us cheering you on!

Thanks Georgia! You are
    Thanks Georgia! You are amazing!

Big hugs, Megan