Lungs

Pam5
Pam5 Member Posts: 232
Hi Everybody,
Thanks for being in touch with Andie over the past few days. I have just not felt well enough to go on line. I'm trying not to use my arms much. My lungs are really no better and I will be talking to the oncologist on Tuesday and ask him for some names of drugs we can try so I can look them up and see if there are lung issues. I also have to talk to him about the Nulasta - maybe a new drug wouldn't drop by wbc by so much. We have to do something because I can't get this bad again or the cancer won't be the issue. Thanks for all your hugs, prayers and good thoughts. It means so much to me.

Hugs'nHugs
Pam

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    PAM SENDNG GOOD VIBES AND
    PAM SENDNG GOOD VIBES AND WISHING YOU THE BEST. CHEMO IS HARD ON THE BODY BUT WE KNOW IT'S FIGHTING THE BEAST. HAPPY TO SEE YOU ARE UP TO POSTING. (((((HUGS))))
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    So sorry you are having such a hard time
    Hope your onc. has some ideas about other drugs that can help you. Chemo is hard, I hope they can come up with something to make it easier.

Wishing you all the best,

Jennifer
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm sorry this has been so
    I'm sorry this has been so hard for you. And I hope the next rounds are easier.

On the Neulasta, it is my understanding that the Nuelasta is to help build up the wbc which is knocked down by the chemo. I had neupogin instead of neulasta. The neupogin was an injection for seven consecutive days, I did the injection myself in the fatty part of my stomach. If the nulasta is giving you bone pain, please ask about taking claratin. I took the claratin for the neupogin and it worked really well. The pharmacist confirmed that claratin is recommended by the manufacturer for both neupogin and neulasta.

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to post. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

I'm sorry this has been so
    I'm sorry this has been so hard for you. And I hope the next rounds are easier.

On the Neulasta, it is my understanding that the Nuelasta is to help build up the wbc which is knocked down by the chemo. I had neupogin instead of neulasta. The neupogin was an injection for seven consecutive days, I did the injection myself in the fatty part of my stomach. If the nulasta is giving you bone pain, please ask about taking claratin. I took the claratin for the neupogin and it worked really well. The pharmacist confirmed that claratin is recommended by the manufacturer for both neupogin and neulasta.

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to post. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Linda

Sorry Pam how your phnemonia was confirmed? Was it cultured?
    Sorry Pam
    Was your phemonia cultured? Could it be an allergic reaction or something else. Please ask you oncologist all these questions.
    Sending positive thoughts
    New Flower
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232

Sorry Pam how your phnemonia was confirmed? Was it cultured?
    Sorry Pam
    Was your phemonia cultured? Could it be an allergic reaction or something else. Please ask you oncologist all these questions.
    Sending positive thoughts
    New Flower

Thanks everybody. The
    Thanks everybody. The pneumonia was confirmed by the ct scan. It certainly could be an allergic reaction but, ultimately, it doesn't matter. I still end up with fevers and unable to breathe. I am running on about 60-70% lung capacity right now. Asthmatics don't do well with anti-histamines. Whenever I've taken them, my lungs dry out and I get in trouble. I will look into the Nulasta and check out whether the alternatives have any lung issues. Maybe a different makeup of the same core drug will have a different effect. I know there has to be a solution somewhere. I'll talk to the oncologist tomorrow and hopefully we can come up with a plan that works without destroying my lungs.

Hugs to all of you,
    Pam
  • Pam5 said:

Thanks everybody. The
    Thanks everybody. The pneumonia was confirmed by the ct scan. It certainly could be an allergic reaction but, ultimately, it doesn't matter. I still end up with fevers and unable to breathe. I am running on about 60-70% lung capacity right now. Asthmatics don't do well with anti-histamines. Whenever I've taken them, my lungs dry out and I get in trouble. I will look into the Nulasta and check out whether the alternatives have any lung issues. Maybe a different makeup of the same core drug will have a different effect. I know there has to be a solution somewhere. I'll talk to the oncologist tomorrow and hopefully we can come up with a plan that works without destroying my lungs.

Hugs to all of you,
    Pam

Good Luck
    Dear Pam

I do hope that your will find a new plan for you that will work. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Lots of Hugs
    Jaelle
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112

Good Luck
    Dear Pam

I do hope that your will find a new plan for you that will work. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Lots of Hugs
    Jaelle

prayers to you....
    Hi Pam, I can tell by your post that you are miserable. I pray that your Onc. will be able to find a solution to the problem so you can continue on with your treatment. Is there an alternative to Neulasta? I don't know. How many more cycles of chemo do you have? Are you having rads when chemo is done? Is your fever down? I can't imagine how horrible this whole ordeal is for you, but I am praying you find a way.

Thinking and praying for you.
    Debbie