Off Topic (OT) .. Ants, ants everywhere .... Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to get rid of

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
Ants everywhere -- after arriving home from USC College game -- our home was infested with ants .... We have had visitations from these creatures for the past several weeks -- however, last night we had a infest-ion in just about every room of our home .. HELP

Raid is no longer working .. Any ideas?????

Thanks for any input or home remedy's would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki Sam

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    there was another thread on
    there was another thread on this and I tried the baby powder suggestion and it works! They are coming in for something. Find it and clean it up and use the baby powder. I'll bump up the thread.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I use a mixture of equal
    I use a mixture of equal parts borax and powdered sugar, then put little piles along the path they are traveling and at the entry point. They eat the borax with the powdered sugar, then go back home and tell all their friends about the yummy food. The friends come eat, and within a day or two everyone is dead. You can get borax in the laundry isle.

Ants also will not cross a line of chalk, or a line of fresh coffee grounds.

I hope you are ant free soon!

Linda
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    If you are talking about
    If you are talking about those tiny ants that the exterminator calls "pharoah ants", I finally figured out how to get rid of them: wipe every possible entry place down with a chlorox or lysol wipe (not exactly a "green" thing to do I'm sure) daily until they are gone. Then wipe the surfaces down once a week. The critters hate, hate, hate those wipes! I promise this works as I have used it in my kitchen and in the call room at work.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

If you are talking about
    If you are talking about those tiny ants that the exterminator calls "pharoah ants", I finally figured out how to get rid of them: wipe every possible entry place down with a chlorox or lysol wipe (not exactly a "green" thing to do I'm sure) daily until they are gone. Then wipe the surfaces down once a week. The critters hate, hate, hate those wipes! I promise this works as I have used it in my kitchen and in the call room at work.

not to get rid of ants..but
    not to get rid of ants..but I have put black pepper at all door jams for outside doors...
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I too can testify that baby
    I too can testify that baby powder works. We get ant infestations every year in two places and baby powder never fails me. xoxoxo Lynn
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lynn1950 said:

I too can testify that baby
    I too can testify that baby powder works. We get ant infestations every year in two places and baby powder never fails me. xoxoxo Lynn

Thank you Sister's ... Great advise ...
    trying baby power, borax and powdered sugar.... Pepper is a stones throw away ...

Thanks so much for your kind advise...

Vicki Sam
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    VickiSam said:

Thank you Sister's ... Great advise ...
    trying baby power, borax and powdered sugar.... Pepper is a stones throw away ...

Thanks so much for your kind advise...

Vicki Sam

Borax or boric acid
    both should work. You can buy 20 Mule Team laundry booster in Target or natural stores
    Hugs