Hi everyone. I'm new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself. I'm looking for a place to come and share and perhaps help someone else along the way. I'm 49 and have stage IIIc IDC. I was diagnosed on May 17th of this year after having had a clean diagnostic mammo and ultrasound 5 months prior. There's more of my story on my profile. I'm almost finished with my chemo. One more to go! Then I'll be getting ready to have a mastectomy. Hopefully I can have reconstuction at the same time but I won't know until I meet with my BS. I will need 6 1/2 weeks of rads afterwards. I hope to get to know each of you.

Diana :)

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Welcome Diana!
    I am sorry you had to join, but I want to welcome you to this great community that helped me in so many ways.

I want you wish you good luck with your upcoming surgery, finishing chemo and starting radiation.

:)
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Diana,
    Welcome to this site, there are a great group of pink sisters here, and so many are full of invaluable information. Doctors do the procedures and prescribe, but it is the sisters who have all of the experience. Great group of warriors!

Wishing you the best as you start this journey!
    Carol
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    camul said:

Diana,
    Welcome to this site, there are a great group of pink sisters here, and so many are full of invaluable information. Doctors do the procedures and prescribe, but it is the sisters who have all of the experience. Great group of warriors!

Wishing you the best as you start this journey!
    Carol

Diana - you are welcome
    Diana - you are welcome here, just sorry for the reason.
    You will get much support & understanding from the pink
    sisters on this board. Hang in there for your last
    chemo and let us know your surgery date.

Hugs to you, Teresa
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hi. I was diagnosed as stage
    Hi. I was diagnosed as stage 3a in 2003.

Good luck with the rest of treatment!
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Welcome aboard!
    Hi Diana, This is a great BC club you have joined. We will be here for you thru thick n thin. We understand what you are dealing with. So share concerns, fears and of course happiness too.
    I had invasive ductual carcinoma, had bil. mast. and finished chemo about 10 months ago. It was a long journey but doing very well now. Good luck with the rest of your treatment.
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Welcome aboard!
    Hi Diana, This is a great BC club you have joined. We will be here for you thru thick n thin. We understand what you are dealing with. So share concerns, fears and of course happiness too.
    I had invasive ductual carcinoma, had bil. mast. and finished chemo about 10 months ago. It was a long journey but doing very well now. Good luck with the rest of your treatment.
    Hugs,
    Annette

Welcome
    Hi Diana,
    welcome to the Pink Sisterhood. It's a club that none of us wanted to join, but it's a club we are glad to have. I'm so sorry that you are going through this battle, but you have found a wonderful board. There are so many wonderful people here that are full of knowledge. We will walk with you through this journey & on the days that you feel like you just can't go on, we will carry you.

Take good care of yourself & stay strong.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • Solange49
    Solange49 Member Posts: 10

Welcome
    Hi Diana,
    welcome to the Pink Sisterhood. It's a club that none of us wanted to join, but it's a club we are glad to have. I'm so sorry that you are going through this battle, but you have found a wonderful board. There are so many wonderful people here that are full of knowledge. We will walk with you through this journey & on the days that you feel like you just can't go on, we will carry you.

Take good care of yourself & stay strong.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Thanks!
    Thank you ladies so much for the warm welcome. It means so much to me. :)

Diana
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Solange49 said:

Thanks!
    Thank you ladies so much for the warm welcome. It means so much to me. :)

Diana

Hi Diana
    Welcome to the board,
    Iwas diagnosed with stage IIIC with 10 positive nodes on May of 2008. I was 46.
    Good luck with your treatments and easy time with your surgery
    New Flower
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Hi Diana
    Welcome to the board,
    Iwas diagnosed with stage IIIC with 10 positive nodes on May of 2008. I was 46.
    Good luck with your treatments and easy time with your surgery
    New Flower

Welcome
    Sorry for your need to be here but you have found a great place of support and info. There are great people here to help you out. God Bless
    (((hugs)))
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Hi Diana
    You have come to a great place but I am sorry you had to find us. You will get a lot of information, support and listeners any time you need it. This is a wonderful group of pink sisters...no one could ask for more.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Welcome
    Welcome and sorry you have to have this diagnosis but you will find a lot of support here.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Welcome Diana,
    Sorry you had to join this forum. But you are in the best place ever when you have breast cancer. I have learned allot from the ladies here, And like you I want, hope I do help others. Come any time there is always some one here. So glad to have met you. Take care be good to your self. And good luck with the rest of you treatments. You will be done before you know it.. Kay
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Welcome Diana,
    Sorry you had to join this forum. But you are in the best place ever when you have breast cancer. I have learned allot from the ladies here, And like you I want, hope I do help others. Come any time there is always some one here. So glad to have met you. Take care be good to your self. And good luck with the rest of you treatments. You will be done before you know it.. Kay

Our diagnoses were very similar
    Welcome--you will get so much from this board--info, advice, laughs and many, many shoulders to lean on. I was diagnosed with Stage 3C IDC in Nov. '09. I had a lumpectomy, re-excision for clean margins, total axillary dissection on that side, 6 rounds of TAC chemo and 33 rads. Treatment finished about this time last year. Since then, I have had 2 sets of tests which came back negative--MRIs, mammos and ultrasounds.

Interestingly, I too had what they reported as a "normal" mammo 5 months before my diagnosis. My breast tissue has always been "very dense" so calcifications were obviously missed for a long time--right up against my chest wall. I am still a little angry that because of the dense tissue, I was never told to get an MRI just to be thorough. Now, I will get the mammos and ultrasounds, but will demand an MRI at least every year (every 6 months if possible). Went pushed to answer, my surgeon did admit that the cancer had probably been there "a long time!"

But, here I am--almost 2 years after diagnosis. I have a few post-op issues still, but I'm still here and kicking and you will be too.

Keep checking in with us. This place is amazing and so helpful.

Hugs, Renee
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    missrenee said:

Our diagnoses were very similar
    Welcome--you will get so much from this board--info, advice, laughs and many, many shoulders to lean on. I was diagnosed with Stage 3C IDC in Nov. '09. I had a lumpectomy, re-excision for clean margins, total axillary dissection on that side, 6 rounds of TAC chemo and 33 rads. Treatment finished about this time last year. Since then, I have had 2 sets of tests which came back negative--MRIs, mammos and ultrasounds.

Interestingly, I too had what they reported as a "normal" mammo 5 months before my diagnosis. My breast tissue has always been "very dense" so calcifications were obviously missed for a long time--right up against my chest wall. I am still a little angry that because of the dense tissue, I was never told to get an MRI just to be thorough. Now, I will get the mammos and ultrasounds, but will demand an MRI at least every year (every 6 months if possible). Went pushed to answer, my surgeon did admit that the cancer had probably been there "a long time!"

But, here I am--almost 2 years after diagnosis. I have a few post-op issues still, but I'm still here and kicking and you will be too.

Keep checking in with us. This place is amazing and so helpful.

Hugs, Renee

Welcome
    This is a wonderful site with lots of great loving people. Glad you found us but sorry you had to.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Welcome
    This is a wonderful site with lots of great loving people. Glad you found us but sorry you had to.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Welcome~
    As others have said, so sorry for the reason you have joined us. You will find the most amazing support and information here. Everyone here just "gets it" and we will all be with you every step of the way.

Prayers and Hugs,
    Debi
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Hi Diana!
    Welcome to the discussion board! Of course, I am not happy you had to join, but happy you have found this discussion board to help you through your chemo, surgery, rads, etc....
    I have found it to be a great source of support and information. It is also a good place to let out your feelings because the people on here have been through or are going through similar situations...Keep on posting!
    Hugs, Sybil (PS I had three lumpectomies, chemo, radiation, and now on an estrogen blocker)
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Hi Diana!
    Welcome Diana :)
    Yaaay for being almost done with chemo! It was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life and the relief at being done with it was mighty big!
    I had a bilateral mastectomy last year, and they put in expanders for reconstruction at the same time. The surgery wasn't at all as bad as I had anticipated. Best of luck to you Diana, and I look forward to getting to know you as well :)
    *hugs*
    Heather