Cat Scan results

Just went to the Oncologist on Friday and got my cat scan Results. All is good so he says.
But when I left the office I asked for a cat scan result.
She did make one and gave me a copy. Once I got home I read it and was surprised to see a comment on my Chest scan that Quote- Tiny Nodule in left lung base is unchanged.
Well I got out my other scan copies nothing was in there about that at all. I am so wondering about this. I do know if the Oncologist thought it was a problem he would have said something. It just made me curious. What do you all think of this?
I dont want to borrow any problems. I dont do my next scan till the end of January. So that is a while. Well hope you all are doing well.
But I asked him about my port and he said no he does not want to take it out that it would be indefinite . Thank you for listening to me. Hilde

Comments

• cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    lung nodules
    I have had a large lung nodule for at least 8 years that has remained unchanged. Nerve racking when you read it on the report but my docs assure me all is ok. Best wishes to you, Cathy

1989, 1994 HL
    2008 idc
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    cat scan
    You got to trust your oncologist to know if it was something to be concerned about he would have addressed it. I would call her though and question it! Vinny
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Lung node
    I would call because it would bother me too. John
  • scuttlebug11
    scuttlebug11 Member Posts: 175
    COBRA666 said:

Lung node
    I would call because it would bother me too. John

I would ask
    hilde would ask blessings denise
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    scan report...
    Hi Hilde,
    I have had 4 scans and each time I read them I find things that my doctor hasn't discussed with me. What I do is get a copy of the scan sent to me at home at the same time one is sent to my doctor. By the time the two of us sit down to discuss the scan I have already hi-lighted in pink the area's on the scan report that concern me. I always compare the new scan from the last one and write down questions I need to ask. My moto is "trust" but "verify". If you have questions..call your doctor and get the answers and settle for nothing else. Let us know what you find out, and try not to worry yourself sick waiting for answers.
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    Go_go_Gi_gi Member Posts: 84
    allmost60 said:

scan report...
    Hi Hilde,
    I have had 4 scans and each time I read them I find things that my doctor hasn't discussed with me. What I do is get a copy of the scan sent to me at home at the same time one is sent to my doctor. By the time the two of us sit down to discuss the scan I have already hi-lighted in pink the area's on the scan report that concern me. I always compare the new scan from the last one and write down questions I need to ask. My moto is "trust" but "verify". If you have questions..call your doctor and get the answers and settle for nothing else. Let us know what you find out, and try not to worry yourself sick waiting for answers.
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)

scan report
    I too would ask---might really ease some of your worry!! take care susan
  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member

scan report
    I too would ask---might really ease some of your worry!! take care susan

Lung Nodule
    I called the Oncology Nurse. And she told me that it is just unchanged and as long as it stays that way.
    So I suppose it put my mind at ease so we just keep a check on things. Susan I sure wish you well. I was diagnosed in 04 and been at it ever since.
    I was diagnosed with follicular non hodgkins lymphoma and it was stage 2 and had surgery to take out gland in my neck and my left side of my cheek.
    Then I had 22 radiation treatments. So then was home free for one week away from 5 years ready to celebrate. But it came back with a vengence. I was then stage 4 and in my bone marrow. Did 8 rounds of R-chop and on December 23 09 had Zevalin a radioactive treatment.
    So Now I have been ok since then. I am sorry that you had to come here but welcome to the board.
    I wish you well and keep your chin up things do get better.
    Hilde
  • allmost60
    hilde451 said:

Lung Nodule
    I called the Oncology Nurse. And she told me that it is just unchanged and as long as it stays that way.
    So I suppose it put my mind at ease so we just keep a check on things. Susan I sure wish you well. I was diagnosed in 04 and been at it ever since.
    I was diagnosed with follicular non hodgkins lymphoma and it was stage 2 and had surgery to take out gland in my neck and my left side of my cheek.
    Then I had 22 radiation treatments. So then was home free for one week away from 5 years ready to celebrate. But it came back with a vengence. I was then stage 4 and in my bone marrow. Did 8 rounds of R-chop and on December 23 09 had Zevalin a radioactive treatment.
    So Now I have been ok since then. I am sorry that you had to come here but welcome to the board.
    Hilde

Type A or B?
    Hi Hilde,
    What Type were you back in 04...A or B? Radiation was never mentioned to me after my diagnosis. The largest node in my groin was removed for pathology but numerous swollen nodes/tumors still remained in my groin, stomach and neck. After my brief "wait and watch" period, chemo was the only treatment recommended. Just wondered why you had radiation and not chemo. Take care...Love, Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • hilde451
    allmost60 said:

Type A or B?
    Hi Hilde,
    What Type were you back in 04...A or B? Radiation was never mentioned to me after my diagnosis. The largest node in my groin was removed for pathology but numerous swollen nodes/tumors still remained in my groin, stomach and neck. After my brief "wait and watch" period, chemo was the only treatment recommended. Just wondered why you had radiation and not chemo. Take care...Love, Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Type A or B
    Hi Sue,

I was type B. I did surgery first then the radiation. That seems to have taken care of it. At least till one week away from 5 years.
    But it came back with a vengence, I most probably spelled that wrong. LOL
    Had a second surgery. Then did the R-Chop, 8 rounds of it. Then on December 23rd 09 I had a radioactive treatment of Zevalin. So I have been in remission since then.
    It somehow never leaves your mind. I try but it is always there. Hope you have a really good day and take care of you. Hilde
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Hilde
    Hi Hilde,
    Glad you called the nurse to ease your mind. Congrats on the good news. Joanie
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    Go_go_Gi_gi Member Posts: 84
    hilde451 said:

Lung Nodule
    Hilde

lung nodule
    Thanks for the encouragement Hilde; -Answered prayer, 1st round of B-R chemo went well, with no side effects---a few days later some fatigue!!! Here's hoping I won't have much other---Susan
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183 Member
    JoanieP said:

Hilde
    Hi Hilde,
    Glad you called the nurse to ease your mind. Congrats on the good news. Joanie

CT results
    Hi - Fran here. Joanie - I wrote a long email to your personal address 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back - did you receive it?

Hilde - I noticed you said you had "a" treatment of Zevalin in '09 - from everything I've read it's two treatments - first to "test" you and a few days later for the big guns. Is that how you did it? My Oncy. says I'm a perfect candidate for that treatment and I understand it can keep you in remission up to 10 years.

I've been waiting since May to see from my recent PET scan if my tumor had shrunk enough to the 2.2 cm I understand it must be in order to do RIT (Zevalin is one of two). Returned to my Oncy. last week and the Radiologist had compared my Aug. 24 one to Oct. '09 instead of May '11! How frustrating that we must be our own Doctors so much of the time. The chemo nurse assured me she would request the Dr. to have it done over since the size of it wasn't even addressed in this report! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - when you put yourself under radiation for 24 minutes you want and expect a proper report so I understand your frustration!

On a happier note, hubby and I fly from FL this Thurs. to CA to do the Big Sur drive up the coastline - understand it's beautiful. We'll spend a long weekend with our daughter in Santa Monica before leaving - getting excited! AND I want to know my results in the next two days before leaving so I don't have to worry!

Love your new pic, Vinny! Fondly, Fran
  • allmost60

CT results
    Hi - Fran here. Joanie - I wrote a long email to your personal address 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back - did you receive it?

Hilde - I noticed you said you had "a" treatment of Zevalin in '09 - from everything I've read it's two treatments - first to "test" you and a few days later for the big guns. Is that how you did it? My Oncy. says I'm a perfect candidate for that treatment and I understand it can keep you in remission up to 10 years.

I've been waiting since May to see from my recent PET scan if my tumor had shrunk enough to the 2.2 cm I understand it must be in order to do RIT (Zevalin is one of two). Returned to my Oncy. last week and the Radiologist had compared my Aug. 24 one to Oct. '09 instead of May '11! How frustrating that we must be our own Doctors so much of the time. The chemo nurse assured me she would request the Dr. to have it done over since the size of it wasn't even addressed in this report! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - when you put yourself under radiation for 24 minutes you want and expect a proper report so I understand your frustration!

On a happier note, hubby and I fly from FL this Thurs. to CA to do the Big Sur drive up the coastline - understand it's beautiful. We'll spend a long weekend with our daughter in Santa Monica before leaving - getting excited! AND I want to know my results in the next two days before leaving so I don't have to worry!

Have fun!!!
    Hi Fran,
    Just wanted to wish you a happy vacation! Let us know the scan results if you find out before leaving on Thursday. I'll be thinking good thoughts that the tumor has shrunk below 2.2 cm and you will be able to do the Zevalin. So sorry about the mix up reading your PET scan! Heck of a deal and very frustrating indeed! Take care..Love, Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • hilde451

CT results

Zevalin
    Hi Fran,

I suppose I should have said that. It is two treatments just like you said. I was scared of it but hope it payed off . It has so far.
    Not that I dont have problems but have been home free since December 23, 09
    It is worth the chance.
    Your trip sounds so nice. Write me about it. Love to hear about things like this.
    I wish you the best. Hilde
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573

CT results

Fran
    Hope you got my e-mail. It took me a week to write back. I wrote before your vacation. Hope you are having a ball.