im all done with rads

2»

Comments

• Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Congratulations! But sorry
    Congratulations! But sorry to hear of your burns...Ouch! I didn't have rad's, just chemo so I don't know first hand but I hope you will be feeling ok soon!
    Big hug,
    Annette
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member

Congratulations! But sorry
    Congratulations! But sorry to hear of your burns...Ouch! I didn't have rad's, just chemo so I don't know first hand but I hope you will be feeling ok soon!
    Big hug,
    Annette

Congratulations!!!
    on being a RAD GRAD!!!

Congrats on this Accomplishment!!! Sorry about the burns. ;0( That's a bummer. Hopefully, the burns will heal quickly.

Big hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

First try the real thing...gel from aloe plant
    First try the real thing...gel from the aloe plant. It is slimy, but it works. Wear something over it to protect your clothing.

Don't ignore the temperature. See your internist.

Because I am a "skin person", I get upset when people are burned by radiation. They seem to treat us with the same dosage and yet we have different types of skin. What I don't understand is why someone has to burn. Not everyone burns.

Why should a redhead, fair skin get the same radiation dosage (intensity) as a dark haired, olive skin person? They should compensate for skin type. We all know that if both women sunbathed, the fair skin would get a sunburn whereas the olive skin would get a tan.

Anyway, I am thrilled that you are finished with radiation. Go celebrate.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Really sorry that you have burns, but, congratulating you for finishing rads!

Hugs, Jan