Just a little update

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Kat
    I don't even know what to say except that this is not fair. You are so young and should have more to look forward to than 13 months of chemo plus radiation. Just remember we are here for you anytime you need us. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Kat, I'm not sure how anyone
    Kat, I'm not sure how anyone makes sense of cancer. It doesn't care about anything...it truly doesn't discriminate in any way. Then it takes so much away from us. I don't know how to make sense of something so invasive, so pervasive, and so destructive. Somehow, saying 'it sucks' sometimes isn't strong enough.

So I just keep putting one foot in front of the other...because as much as I hate cancer, I hate the alternative more.

Thank you for trusting us with your feelings.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member

Kat, I'm not sure how anyone
    Kat, I'm not sure how anyone makes sense of cancer. It doesn't care about anything...it truly doesn't discriminate in any way. Then it takes so much away from us. I don't know how to make sense of something so invasive, so pervasive, and so destructive. Somehow, saying 'it sucks' sometimes isn't strong enough.

So I just keep putting one foot in front of the other...because as much as I hate cancer, I hate the alternative more.

Thank you for trusting us with your feelings.

Hugs,

Linda

Hugs
    Kat... I don't know what to say. I am sorry you are having to deal with cancer. I am sorry you have to undergo more treatments. One thing I can tell from reading your posts is that you are not a wimp and you are a fighter!

Stay Focused, stay Strong, don't give up Hope!

God bless.
    Ines
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

Hugs
    Kat... I don't know what to say. I am sorry you are having to deal with cancer. I am sorry you have to undergo more treatments. One thing I can tell from reading your posts is that you are not a wimp and you are a fighter!

Stay Focused, stay Strong, don't give up Hope!

God bless.
    Ines

Kat~
    ~looking at your picture, you have such a bright spirit about you. I can only imagine the mountain you face. As tough as this situation is, my thoughts are "one day at a time".
    I will keep you in thought and prayer~
    ~Hugz,
    Melanie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Kat~
    ~looking at your picture, you have such a bright spirit about you. I can only imagine the mountain you face. As tough as this situation is, my thoughts are "one day at a time".
    I will keep you in thought and prayer~
    ~Hugz,
    Melanie

Kat, this is just heart breaking
    Kat, this is just heart breaking. I wish that magic wand that we have here could be waved over you to rid you of the beast and to allow you to do what you should be doing at your age.

You keep fighting, stay strong, and, come here when you need support.

Praying,

Angie
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Angie2U said:

Kat, this is just heart breaking
    Kat, this is just heart breaking. I wish that magic wand that we have here could be waved over you to rid you of the beast and to allow you to do what you should be doing at your age.

You keep fighting, stay strong, and, come here when you need support.

Praying,

Angie

Kat,
    Your story just saddens me. Positive attitude is everything and with your moxie girl you will be in the surviving 50%. I hate statistics... why do they do that? Keep us posted on how you are doing health and school wise sweetie.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    may you
    I pray that you find a sense of peace in your difficult circumstances.
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    may you
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    It's ok to be a little weary Kat
    I am amazed, just AMAZED that you are up and hobbling around.
    For sure I thought you needed more time to recover from a surgery
    like that.

And I don't think that anyone can refer to you as the girl that has
    cancer. If anything - it would be the girl that can't be held down.

I am so with you... I too just wished they would shut up and hug me!!
    Haha and am known to have said that to a few people very bluntly!
    Maybe you should give that a try? Hey you have cancer, you can get
    away with ANYTHING!

Wrapping my arms around you dear Kat!

I really hope you can beat this, you are such a special soul.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sorry about airport etc..I
    sorry about airport etc..I HOPE YOU had great time at the wedding...

I wish you the best in treatments. MINE was not near what you are going through but journals helped me. AT the time I thought crazy but in hind sight helped a lot!

Denise
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    ladyg said:

Kat
    I don't even know what to say except that this is not fair. You are so young and should have more to look forward to than 13 months of chemo plus radiation. Just remember we are here for you anytime you need us. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

This just isn't fair or
    This just isn't fair or right! Cancer sucks! I am sorry Kat and I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs, Jan
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Kat, it sucks
    It's so unfair that anyone have to suffer through this cr*p, but you're so young, that makes it doubly unfair. Everyone that tries it tell you how strong you are truly have no idea what else to say. We all got that from someone, and you're surrounding by so many more people, being at school. Maybe you can replace their words of encouragement for the ones everyone truly wants to say, but know they'll get bleeped out everywhere. I can't imagine 56 weeks of chemo, I'm so sorry for you that the tears are starting. I know when I did mine it was 4 rounds of A/C, three weeks apart and 12 weeks of taxol (hated it). I would divide it into parts, first I was 25% done with the first half. You get the idea, maybe thinking of it in sections rather than as a whole will help.

I'm so sorry you're going through this and I hope something I said helped. You're in my prayers every day.

marge
  • emamei
    emamei Member Posts: 146
    I'm Thinking of You...
    I'm so sorry to hear this news. I find that no words offered could possibly make the situation any better for you. I totally get the "motivational speeches", I really hate that too. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you beat this beast and can move forward with your life.

You mentioned that your original diagnosis was a rare breast cancer. Could you please explain what type of breast cancer exactly.

I'll be looking out for your posts. Please keep letting us know how you're doing.

Love and Light,
    Maria
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    emamei said:

I'm Thinking of You...
    I'm so sorry to hear this news. I find that no words offered could possibly make the situation any better for you. I totally get the "motivational speeches", I really hate that too. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you beat this beast and can move forward with your life.

You mentioned that your original diagnosis was a rare breast cancer. Could you please explain what type of breast cancer exactly.

I'll be looking out for your posts. Please keep letting us know how you're doing.

Love and Light,
    Maria

I hate hearing this
    I hate hearing what you are going through but I believe in miracles.It gets me through so many things but it doesn't always happen.I was going on 2 years when they found a tumor July 14.After almost a month it was dx as benign but not before I thought I was loosing it.I still feel like I am in post trauma now.I can't come down after waitng for my biopsy and results for almost a month.A Cancer patient should not be delayed.

I totally understand you not wanting to hear "you are strong".It's what people say but we know better. Those who said it have no idea because they've never been through it. My cancer was non invasive.I am Thankful for that but doesn't mean I am any more comfortable than the next person who has a invasive cancer.Cancer is Cancer. My friends who've had bc for years never had another tumor pop up but I keep getting them even though they are benign.It is a struggle and very very worrisome.I thought I would be the one that would be free of it all but my friends I feel are doing much better.Their cancers were very serious.One Stage 3 and the other with a very aggressive tumor.I guess we never know.

You are in my Thoughts and Prayers. Please keep us informed.We all want to follow you in on your journey and will be thinking of you along the way.

My mom was dx at 21 lived to be 81.I was dx at 62 and my plans are living into my early 90's.
    Just had a funeral for my aunt on what would've been her 93rd Birthday.My other aunt is 95 and doing great.

Remember it seems every week they are finding something new in treating cancer of all kinds.Just this week I saw where there is a new drug for Lung cancer that will soon be coming out. I think about those on here with lung mets.

Thank You for updating us.You are thought of often.Love hearing from you.

Lynn Smith

PS.There is a young lady I know who had cancer in her hip last year.She is OK now but it was a very rare cancer.She was taken to a Children's Hospital for treatment and surgery.She is doing fine.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I hate hearing this
    I hate hearing what you are going through but I believe in miracles.It gets me through so many things but it doesn't always happen.I was going on 2 years when they found a tumor July 14.After almost a month it was dx as benign but not before I thought I was loosing it.I still feel like I am in post trauma now.I can't come down after waitng for my biopsy and results for almost a month.A Cancer patient should not be delayed.

I totally understand you not wanting to hear "you are strong".It's what people say but we know better. Those who said it have no idea because they've never been through it. My cancer was non invasive.I am Thankful for that but doesn't mean I am any more comfortable than the next person who has a invasive cancer.Cancer is Cancer. My friends who've had bc for years never had another tumor pop up but I keep getting them even though they are benign.It is a struggle and very very worrisome.I thought I would be the one that would be free of it all but my friends I feel are doing much better.Their cancers were very serious.One Stage 3 and the other with a very aggressive tumor.I guess we never know.

You are in my Thoughts and Prayers. Please keep us informed.We all want to follow you in on your journey and will be thinking of you along the way.

My mom was dx at 21 lived to be 81.I was dx at 62 and my plans are living into my early 90's.
    Just had a funeral for my aunt on what would've been her 93rd Birthday.My other aunt is 95 and doing great.

Remember it seems every week they are finding something new in treating cancer of all kinds.Just this week I saw where there is a new drug for Lung cancer that will soon be coming out. I think about those on here with lung mets.

Thank You for updating us.You are thought of often.Love hearing from you.

Lynn Smith

PS.There is a young lady I know who had cancer in her hip last year.She is OK now but it was a very rare cancer.She was taken to a Children's Hospital for treatment and surgery.She is doing fine.

I read this post earlier,
    I read this post earlier, but, didn't even know what to say to you. I still really don't except to tell you how sorry I am that you are dealing with this and that I will be praying for you.

Hugs, Megan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

may you

I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you Kat and I hope you will continue to keep us updated.

Huge hugs for you,

Leeza
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Kat,
    I am just so sorry you

Kat,
    I am just so sorry you have these Horrible challanges. Of course this is so unfair. You shouldn't have to be dealing with this. We are always here for you Kat. If you are up to it, Please keep us up to date as you go through chemo. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    God Bless
    Annette
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Kat,
    I am just so sorry you

Kat,
    I am just so sorry you have these Horrible challanges. Of course this is so unfair. You shouldn't have to be dealing with this. We are always here for you Kat. If you are up to it, Please keep us up to date as you go through chemo. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    God Bless
    Annette

Kat
    I am really sorry. And sending you a big cyber hug.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi Kat, it is good to see
    Hi Kat, it is good to see you post, I was just talking about you to my daughter yesterday. She is 22, an RN, and works on the oncology wing at the hospital. We were talking how young some of you are that are going through this, and especially you with your rare case and so severe. It breaks my heart to see such a young, bright young lady having to go through what no one should ever have to do in their lifetime. You're always in my prayers and I admire your attitude through this all. You don't have to be strong all the time, you need a break down and somewhere to go to say how you really feel, I know the comments, I get them all the time and I want to scream sometimes and say "I'm not that dang strong!!" but we just keep putting one foot in front of the other. My great aunt has had both hips replaced and has rods as well, but she's in her 80's, you at 20, totally unfair! Keep up the faith and keep coming here, you can be honest, tell what's really on your mind, and everyone understands. Big cyber hugs to you young lady, and stay positive :)
    Kari
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Kat, I just want to give you a big HUG!
    I'm thinking someone was in line for this and they stepped aside and pushed you in their place. There's just no way you should be dealing with this mess at your age. Please know that we are always here for you.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie