Had my 2nd radioembolization yesterday

Options
Feeling pretty miserable and having the dry heaves all night. Today I had to start the regime of something like 20 various pills a day (killer antibiotic horse pills, steroids, antacids, & more. I am so out of it today that Vic had to set up my pill box so I wouldn't mess up the pill schedule. I'm trying to drink water and stay hydrated, but it's very hard since it feels awful. & I know I have to try and eat something today. Audie brought me some chicken noodle soup so I'll give that a whirl and hope I can keep it down.

When I had the other half of liver done June 1st, it was just like this. Each day I should feel better and after about a week I should be right as rain. Doesn't seem possible to me today, but I know it will happen.

Good news is that my radiation interventionist pullled up my CT scan from mid-July, the the malignant node under my arm & the cancerous paraaortic lymph node are not at all enlarged and have held stable since my prior scan in April. Sorry to have such a whint report. I'll post again soon with my steady improvements!

Comments

• maggie_wilson
    maggie_wilson Member Posts: 596
    Options
    dear linda,
    so very sorry you have to go through this; thank goodness it's temporary, but i know how hard it is to keep liquids and food down, not to mention horse pills--could they give you a hydration bag to take home for 5 or 6 days? i have kept mine for 6 days, and it makes a difference with the chemo, can't imagine it wouldn't help in your case as well.

very good news re: your under arm node and para aortic lymph node holding steady since april. i'm so glad you've kept us posted re: this, and it's hardly a whine report. it's reality. and if you care to whine, feel free. who better than we have a right to whine, complain? feeling sick is the worst. knowing you will feel better every day, and be good again in a week, must make it a little easier to take. but, in the moment, it's the worst.

don't forget we're all out here thinking about you, linda, always hoping for the best, and sending you love and healing wishes.

sisterhood and love,
    maggie
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Oh Linda!
    Don't feel like

Oh Linda!

Don't feel like you have whined! Just the opposite. I am glad that you have held stable since April! Such good news.

You are a real trooper! Hang in there, kid. As you say, it will get better with each day. Are you being affected by the Hurricane? I hope not.

I am glad you posted even though you weren't feeling well.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathy
  • JoAnnDK
    JoAnnDK Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Oh Linda!
    Don't feel like

Oh Linda!

Don't feel like you have whined! Just the opposite. I am glad that you have held stable since April! Such good news.

You are a real trooper! Hang in there, kid. As you say, it will get better with each day. Are you being affected by the Hurricane? I hope not.

I am glad you posted even though you weren't feeling well.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathy

PLEASE whine
    Linda, I hope you moan, groan and complain here for all you are worth. And I hope that every hour brings you more relief.

JOANN
  • norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Glad you checked in
    Glad you checked in Linda. Look at the glass half full, my dear. You have one night down and only a few more, to go. Then, back to enjoying life minus a lot of cancer cells that were zapped. You whine all you want it is ok. Think of it like letting off pressure. There is nothing wrong with naming the problem or pain.

Anyway, here is praying for a rapid alleviation of symptoms for you.

Look forward to the lovely fall season coming up. I bet you actually have a change of seasons there. Here on the Gulf Coast we only have HOT and NOT AS HOT....leaves don't really change color. Not like up north.

Huggggs to you, Linda. Keep your chin up. You are a fighter.
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    norma2 said:

Glad you checked in
    Glad you checked in Linda. Look at the glass half full, my dear. You have one night down and only a few more, to go. Then, back to enjoying life minus a lot of cancer cells that were zapped. You whine all you want it is ok. Think of it like letting off pressure. There is nothing wrong with naming the problem or pain.

Anyway, here is praying for a rapid alleviation of symptoms for you.

Look forward to the lovely fall season coming up. I bet you actually have a change of seasons there. Here on the Gulf Coast we only have HOT and NOT AS HOT....leaves don't really change color. Not like up north.

Huggggs to you, Linda. Keep your chin up. You are a fighter.

Held in prayer
    Linda, you have been in my thoughts and prayers - big time. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love your spirit. Mary Ann
  • HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    daisy366 said:

Held in prayer
    Linda, you have been in my thoughts and prayers - big time. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love your spirit. Mary Ann

Thinking of you, Linda
    If anyone has earned the chance of an occasional whine, it's you, Linda. Although I can hardly call it a whine at all - you thought of looking in to "talk" to us in the midst of all this. You are a real trouper. I am so glad that you are through the procedure itself, but so sorry that you are, again, getting the "down side" afterwards. I hope that it gets better quickly and you can get back to enjoying life!
    You're in my thoughts and prayers
    Helen
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Options
    Linda
    I am sorry you are feeling so awful now but just think you'll be feeling great by the holiday weekend. I hope you continue to get stronger every day. Ah, chicken soup, the miracle food.
    Big hugs,
    Cindy
  • soromer
    soromer Member Posts: 130
    Options
    good news overall, despite current woes
    I'm sorry you have to go through these miserable few days, but I'm glad to hear that the CT scan shows relatively good news. Best of luck with the rest of your recovery arc. I'll be pulling for you. (And yes, the occasional "whine" is perfectly understandable, and yours hardly qualifies as such. I've done a lot worse myself.)
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    soromer said:

good news overall, despite current woes
    I'm sorry you have to go through these miserable few days, but I'm glad to hear that the CT scan shows relatively good news. Best of luck with the rest of your recovery arc. I'll be pulling for you. (And yes, the occasional "whine" is perfectly understandable, and yours hardly qualifies as such. I've done a lot worse myself.)

Another day has passed
    and I hope you've improved. As they say, one day at a time. It's amazing what so many of you do to keep the stupid cancer under control. How many more of the radioembolizations do you have to do, Linda?

Whine away, everyone.

Suzanne
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

Another day has passed
    and I hope you've improved. As they say, one day at a time. It's amazing what so many of you do to keep the stupid cancer under control. How many more of the radioembolizations do you have to do, Linda?

Whine away, everyone.

Suzanne

Feeling a little (little) better today.
    At least the dry heaves are over! My whole torso feels like a bomb went off in there, but I was told to "eat, or your cancer will eat you", so I'm trying to choke down little bits of food every few hours even though everything tastes disgusting and I have zero appetite. But last time food started tasting better after about 5 days, so for now I'm just shoveling in what I can. I can understand why people stop eating, though, something I couldn't fathom before. Please, ladies, always remember in late stage cancer that if you stop eating it can quickly be over. So if you get in a situation like this, eat even when you don't want to.

This was most likely my last radioembolism; they usually just do 1 on the right side of your liver and then 1 on your left. But my Interventional Radiologist did casually say, "Later if any cancer remains in your liver after this treatment, we'll go back in with chemoembolism (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/135980.php) to clean up anything left." ARGH! I hate to even think of it today, but I'm sure I'll do it if I need to.
  • Sara Zipora
    Sara Zipora Member Posts: 231
    Options

At least the dry heaves are over! My whole torso feels like a bomb went off in there, but I was told to "eat, or your cancer will eat you", so I'm trying to choke down little bits of food every few hours even though everything tastes disgusting and I have zero appetite. But last time food started tasting better after about 5 days, so for now I'm just shoveling in what I can. I can understand why people stop eating, though, something I couldn't fathom before. Please, ladies, always remember in late stage cancer that if you stop eating it can quickly be over. So if you get in a situation like this, eat even when you don't want to.

This was most likely my last radioembolism; they usually just do 1 on the right side of your liver and then 1 on your left. But my Interventional Radiologist did casually say, "Later if any cancer remains in your liver after this treatment, we'll go back in with chemoembolism (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/135980.php) to clean up anything left." ARGH! I hate to even think of it today, but I'm sure I'll do it if I need to.

You are terrific
    I hope and pray that all the positive vibes sent over cyberspace to you ease your pain and discomfort. Even when You feel awful your posts are like buoys in raging seas!

Wishing you Speedy hours and days till you are back in the saddle.

Sara
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options

You are terrific
    I hope and pray that all the positive vibes sent over cyberspace to you ease your pain and discomfort. Even when You feel awful your posts are like buoys in raging seas!

Wishing you Speedy hours and days till you are back in the saddle.

Sara

Dear Linda
    The antacids make

Dear Linda

The antacids make it difficult to digest & assimilate protein. The answer is broad-spectrum digestive enzymes with every snack/meal. If you can't bear choking down more pills, find the enzymes in capsules. Open the capsules & mix in apple sauce. The enzymes are almost tasteless.

Just a suggestion to help you get the most bang for your buck when you eat until you are over the rough patch.

(((hugs)))

Carolen
  • RoseyR
    RoseyR Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You GO, Girl!

Linda,

You're amazing and I KNOW you'll feel better in a few days. Heroic to keep saying to yourself, "just a few more days and I know I'll feel better," but that's what we sometimes have to do.

Love,
    Rosey
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

Linda glad you are feeling better today
    Glad you had the left side of your liver radioembolized. Sorry you are feeling so bad though. Glad the dry heaves stopped. Glad you are able to "choke down lettle bits of food". I hope each day continues to get better for you. Thanks for keeping us updated on your journey. You remain an inspiration. You remain in my prayers. It was good to hear your other nodes are stable. In peace and caring.