swollen calves and feet?

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
Hi everybody. I'm feeling much better. But since getting out of the hospital my feet and calves are retaing fluid. Could this be from all the iv fluids given me for 4 days? I see the doctor on Monday but wondered if this happened to any of you. The diuretics didn't help much at all. Hope it's not another serious thing going on. Whats a good relief to get rid of it?

Comments

• pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    good to hear from you laurissa...
    Hi! I love that you are feeling much better. You gave all of us on the board quite a scare. Thank goodness that's behind you. About the swollen calves and feet, I see that my calves get rock hard after chemo maybe a day or two later, with some swelling of my ankles and feet. When I go to sleep, it all goes away. I've noticed weight gain when I'm swollen like that, but by the time I went for my next infusion it settles away, weight back to somewhat normal and no swelling. It is so strange. I mentioned it to Onc and he checked and said it was fine.

wishing you se free days...

hugs, pp(Debbie)
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

good to hear from you laurissa...
    Hi! I love that you are feeling much better. You gave all of us on the board quite a scare. Thank goodness that's behind you. About the swollen calves and feet, I see that my calves get rock hard after chemo maybe a day or two later, with some swelling of my ankles and feet. When I go to sleep, it all goes away. I've noticed weight gain when I'm swollen like that, but by the time I went for my next infusion it settles away, weight back to somewhat normal and no swelling. It is so strange. I mentioned it to Onc and he checked and said it was fine.

wishing you se free days...

hugs, pp(Debbie)

Laurissa :)
    Laurissa, I don't know what could be causing this, possibly the fluids from the IV. Could you contact your doctor this weekend to let him know?

Also, it is so wonderful to see you post. I have been so worried about you. Please do keep updating us as we all love and care so much for you.

I hope you get some answers and relief for your swelling.

Sue :)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Ritzy said:

Laurissa :)
    Laurissa, I don't know what could be causing this, possibly the fluids from the IV. Could you contact your doctor this weekend to let him know?

Also, it is so wonderful to see you post. I have been so worried about you. Please do keep updating us as we all love and care so much for you.

I hope you get some answers and relief for your swelling.

Sue :)

Glad to see you back
    My onc and his staff always asked about swelling and checked my ankles every visit but I'd mention it if they don't ask. Actually when I was back to see him in June he was still checking for swelling. Hope things straighten our for you soon! All the IV fluids probably contributed and you probably weren't moving around a whole lot so that would have an effect sort of liking flying for several hours.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Laurissa,
    I'm sure you might have done this already, but prop up your feet on something a little higher than where you're sitting to elevate them.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    skipper54 said:

Glad to see you back
    My onc and his staff always asked about swelling and checked my ankles every visit but I'd mention it if they don't ask. Actually when I was back to see him in June he was still checking for swelling. Hope things straighten our for you soon! All the IV fluids probably contributed and you probably weren't moving around a whole lot so that would have an effect sort of liking flying for several hours.

I don't know Laurissa. I
    I don't know Laurissa. I would think the water pills would help you. You take care of yourself and post when you know something about this.

Hugs and prayers,

Jan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    sea60 said:

Laurissa,
    I'm sure you might have done this already, but prop up your feet on something a little higher than where you're sitting to elevate them.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,

Sylvia

Just so happy that you are
    Just so happy that you are out of the hospital Laurissa. Very sorry for the swollen calves and feet. Hoping and praying it is better by now.

Love, Leeza
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Maybe by now you have found
    Maybe by now you have found relief, I hope. If not here's my experience, when I was pregnant I had swollen ankles and legs and was instructed to lie down once a day for an hour and elevate my ankles above my heart. It helped me and it sure can't hurt.

I am glad you have an appointment on Monday and can discuss with your doctor. I think about you often. Take care and please let us know your progress. Sending love and (((hugs)))!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hi Laurissa,
    Glad to

Hi Laurissa,
    Glad to hear your feeling better. I don't know about the swelling or why diuretics aren't helping. Maybe not strong enough? You take care and let us know what the Dr says On Mon OK.. See ya later Kay
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Hi Laurissa,
    Glad to

Hi Laurissa,
    Glad to hear your feeling better. I don't know about the swelling or why diuretics aren't helping. Maybe not strong enough? You take care and let us know what the Dr says On Mon OK.. See ya later Kay

Glad you are better and home
    Glad you are better and home Laurissa!

Hugs, Lex
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    MyTurnNow said:

Maybe by now you have found
    Maybe by now you have found relief, I hope. If not here's my experience, when I was pregnant I had swollen ankles and legs and was instructed to lie down once a day for an hour and elevate my ankles above my heart. It helped me and it sure can't hurt.

I am glad you have an appointment on Monday and can discuss with your doctor. I think about you often. Take care and please let us know your progress. Sending love and (((hugs)))!

Hugs to you!
    I really hope your oncologist can find the reason for this and help you Laurissa.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣