Having a cough for the past 3 weeks. I

gagee
gagee Member Posts: 332
I have had this cough and nothing comes up. Sometimes some nasal drip but mostly dry cough. I have finished rads in Nov. 2010 and had a lumpectomy. Don't know if I should call doctor... is it weather. Hate to have to go in after all of last year. Just don't want it to be something. My onc. says surgeon got it all and it was so small that rads should have taken care of anything else. I am just worried. All week I say I will call doc but then weekend comes and I still haven't called. I have finally felt "good" for the past 2-3 weeks except for the arthritis the I got after all of this. It is so bad and came on so fast.
Sorry to go on so but I am home alone tonight and felt a little down. Thanks for listening.

Hugs and Prayers to All ,Diana

Comments

• sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    dry cough
    I had dry cough and a bit of something comes up once in a while...do call your doc. though, sometimes the immune system is compromised and well a cold becomes pneomia pretty quickly. You shouldn't cough for 3 weeks without calling a doctor...soryy you are alone and worried, can you go on the chat? you will find someone there to chat with and it is always a comfort to me..we laugh and get silly and worry and cry togethere...so you don't have to feel alone..Sinee...just click on chat on the left in the box and it will take you there. easy as that..go to the doctors, stop putting it off, you are worth it...
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Dry Cough
    I believe strongly that all dry coughs that continues over a 3 week period should be looked into.

I had a dry cough for over a year, believed it was a side effect of a drug I was using.

Turned into widespread pulmonary and pleural metastasis. It's worth looking into it. On the other hand it could be related to something very benign.

Best to yoou, Diana.

Doris
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    SIROD said:

Dry Cough
    I believe strongly that all dry coughs that continues over a 3 week period should be looked into.

I had a dry cough for over a year, believed it was a side effect of a drug I was using.

Turned into widespread pulmonary and pleural metastasis. It's worth looking into it. On the other hand it could be related to something very benign.

Best to yoou, Diana.

Doris

some meds will do this too
    I'd call and check it out. Put your mind at ease.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Diana,
    Go and get it checked out! It is most likely nothing, but you want to be on the safe side. I know how much you love going to the doctor (laugh), but I would go and let them do a ct scan or x-ray! I am surprised the other half hasn't dragged you there!

Then let me know what they say!

love you,
    Carol
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    camul said:

Diana,
    Go and get it checked out! It is most likely nothing, but you want to be on the safe side. I know how much you love going to the doctor (laugh), but I would go and let them do a ct scan or x-ray! I am surprised the other half hasn't dragged you there!

love you,
    Carol

Not everything is cancer
    but it's where we always go first. Please get it checked to put your mind at ease. After you put your mind at ease, put ours there, too. There are a lot of reasons for a chronic cough, and it needs to be evaluated.

A good friend (breast cancer survivor) had emergency surgery last week for a bowel obstruction. The first thing she was told when she woke up was "it's not cancer".

She was a wreck, her husband (who happens to be a radiation oncologist) was a wreck, and the surgeon was on the look out. It wasn't cancer.

Hoping everything is ok.

Suzanne
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    camul said:

Diana,

love you,
    Carol

Just...
    Get it checked...just to be safe..could even be allergy related...it's ragweed season.... DON'T listen to others horror stories....get it checked for your peace of mind...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Diana -- Before my diagnosis
    Diana -- Before my diagnosis I had a dry cough that wouldn't go away. I was worried because I thought I had a lung infection. Got sick a lot too with the flu. But this cough was just dry, and nothing would come out. At times, I would have problems breathing - scary.

Then I was diagnosed January of this year, still with the cough (for like 4 months?). So I was going crazy because I thought it was cancer related. I asked for an xray. Clear. Then my dr. told me I must likely had stomach acid reflects. So they gave me prilosic for 2 weeks - had to finish everything. After that, the cough went away. Thank God!!!

If allergy-related, it helped me to drink a full glass of natural squeezed orange juice every morning, first thing. For some strange reason, it helps it so much. Might work for you too?

Please try not to panic. But do have it checked right away. Like the sisters said, could be nothing serious and you're worrying.

Good luck and keep us posted please.
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Diana, I agree with others
    Diana, I agree with others have it checked out. Better safe than sorry, is what I always say. It could very well be allergies or something else that is minor, but you have to find out.
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    SIROD said:

Dry Cough

Best to yoou, Diana.

Doris

Call your doctor and let him
    Call your doctor and let him know. It could be nothing, but, even so, I bet he can prescribe something to help with it.

Hugs, Debby