Renee616, did you Start Tamoxifen yet?

LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
Hi Renee -- I am scheduled to see a GYN to check my uterus (and ovaries) - not fun! Just wondering if you started taking yours yet and to know how you're feeling.

:) Hope you're doing well.

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Thinking of you Renee16.
    Thinking of you Renee16. Let us know about what your gyn says LoveBabyJesus.

Hugs, Jan
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Thinking of you Renee16.
    Thinking of you Renee16. Let us know about what your gyn says LoveBabyJesus.

Hugs, Jan

Hey girls,
    I'm not much ahead of you I've been on tamoxifen for about 5 weeks now. Side effects thus far not too bad. It does seem as though I seem to have inherited a short fuse, I'm guessing its the hormone change. I try and be conscience of this at all times as to not "jump" on the littlest things. Hopefully from what I've read things balance out in a few months.

LoveBabyJesus just before going on tamoxifen I had a uterine ultrasound done. A little discomfort but not so bad, I swear though there was a point when she could see clear up to my tonsils instead of my ovaries. LOL.. but all in all it wasn't so bad. My uterious showed three fibroid tumors about an inch around in various locations. So far nothing to worry about and my gyno gave me the thumbs up to continue on tamoxifen.

Gosh what we girls don't have to go through... Good luck ladies. Maybe we need to start a "Hormone room" to keep in touch. LOL

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • LoveBabyJesus

Hey girls,
    I'm not much ahead of you I've been on tamoxifen for about 5 weeks now. Side effects thus far not too bad. It does seem as though I seem to have inherited a short fuse, I'm guessing its the hormone change. I try and be conscience of this at all times as to not "jump" on the littlest things. Hopefully from what I've read things balance out in a few months.

LoveBabyJesus just before going on tamoxifen I had a uterine ultrasound done. A little discomfort but not so bad, I swear though there was a point when she could see clear up to my tonsils instead of my ovaries. LOL.. but all in all it wasn't so bad. My uterious showed three fibroid tumors about an inch around in various locations. So far nothing to worry about and my gyno gave me the thumbs up to continue on tamoxifen.

Gosh what we girls don't have to go through... Good luck ladies. Maybe we need to start a "Hormone room" to keep in touch. LOL

Hugs,
    Lorrie

:-/
    Those exams are so uncomfortable! I have had some. When I harvested my eggs I had one daily. OUCH!!! No fun.

I see my GYN on Oct. But I may just see one outside my organization to make sure all is OK. So far no period, a lot of discharge and moody. Hot flashes left and right...and center.

Good thing your dr. have the green light to continue though. Although not happy about tamox, it's helping us.

I pray you continue to be OK and do well. I'll keep you ladies updated when I see my GYN.
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181

:-/
    Those exams are so uncomfortable! I have had some. When I harvested my eggs I had one daily. OUCH!!! No fun.

I see my GYN on Oct. But I may just see one outside my organization to make sure all is OK. So far no period, a lot of discharge and moody. Hot flashes left and right...and center.

Good thing your dr. have the green light to continue though. Although not happy about tamox, it's helping us.

I pray you continue to be OK and do well. I'll keep you ladies updated when I see my GYN.

tamoxifen
    I started taking tamoxifen about a week and a half ago. I am to continue taking it for three mths and if my periods havent resumed, My Onc will start me on something else. So far I've been ok. my energys been up in the last 10 days, probally due to chemo & rads being pretty far behind me now. I too have been moody, and alittle more emotional....but whats new with the ups & downs on this ride!! :) My Onc told me to watch out for bloot clots....and pay attention to shortness of breath as a symtom of a clot. Other than that, I asked him about thickening of the uterine walls & he said not to worry, I wouldnt die from it.....That if anything developed it was treatable. And the saga continues...............I've been doing a pretty good job of starting over & actually days go by that I dont think about what I just went through....I'm glad you girls are getting along with the tamoxifen so far! We will have to now create...."The Tamoxifen Room"! :)
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181

Hey girls,

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Lorrie/ off subject plastic surgeon visit
    oops! Sorry Lorrie, I guess you kinda just said the same thing Re: Tamoxifen room! LOL! Yes.....What we girls have gone through! Speaking of hormones....I saw my plastic yesterday...thought he was a little rude and thoroughly hated getting pics taken since i was already a little put out with him! I like to be in control and picture taking half dressed with my hubby and the nurse watching does not make me happy....yes i know its gotta be done! A few things ticked me off about the appt, but the last thing was..i said is there still swelling in the reduced side because they are still quite a bit different in size.....he said....nobody's are perfect! I am just saying that I understand a small difference, but if theres enough difference after all swelling goes down that you would still need an insert to make them match Then thats too big a difference! aww we will see! very emotional morning which was bad for my husbands day off!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    renee616 said:

Lorrie/ off subject plastic surgeon visit
    oops! Sorry Lorrie, I guess you kinda just said the same thing Re: Tamoxifen room! LOL! Yes.....What we girls have gone through! Speaking of hormones....I saw my plastic yesterday...thought he was a little rude and thoroughly hated getting pics taken since i was already a little put out with him! I like to be in control and picture taking half dressed with my hubby and the nurse watching does not make me happy....yes i know its gotta be done! A few things ticked me off about the appt, but the last thing was..i said is there still swelling in the reduced side because they are still quite a bit different in size.....he said....nobody's are perfect! I am just saying that I understand a small difference, but if theres enough difference after all swelling goes down that you would still need an insert to make them match Then thats too big a difference! aww we will see! very emotional morning which was bad for my husbands day off!

Glad to know you're doing
    Glad to know you're doing well Renee! Good idea about the Tamoxifen Room! :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Glad to know you're doing
    Glad to know you're doing well Renee! Good idea about the Tamoxifen Room! :)

Glad too that you are doing
    Glad too that you are doing well on tamox.

Hugs, Debby