a big day daughter turns 10 today at 5.45pm to be precise

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
Its been a great day i wanted to share.

Its started with an 8am visit to my naturiopath who has been away for a few weeks. so i see her with my box of the 40 supplements approx, my blood tests, some new research. I update her on the gym and my physio and my great results from the oncologist. we agree to do live blood analysis and work at cutting out some supplements. she is happy with the blood tests but wants to go from good to excellent results for cholesterol and blood sugar. I also had to top up supplements i was running low on. ouch this is expensive. I asked her about the life extension foundation based in the usa thsat i joined. she will check it out, all the pr on the website and the books look as good as i have scene, hopefully they will work out cheaper for a range of supplements. anyone here had any experiences with them ? if so feel free to pm me.

Then i get my head and beard shave from my favourite barber, then a salmon and salad and yogurt and fruit salad for breakfast from a favourite cafe. all the proprietors spoil me, they know about the cancer fight and are always caring.

Then off to the general cancer support group. I candle is in the middle of the room, denis has passed away, his funeral was today. it was still a good meeting.

Then off to my daughters school to deliver a birthday cake with 10 candles and lots a sparklers. so many we setoff the fire alarms. i waited around over lunch and watch the kids play. i had a bbq kitchen and my daughters and sons friends came around like seagulls looking for a feed. i had no chicken left by the end of lunch. i got a few hugs from the kids, they are great. i also watched my son and his friends playing lego in the library. the secret life of my kids. its nice to drop into school unexpected.

i was feeling pretty tired and went home and slept for a few hours. I woke in time to take my daughter to scouts. had to pick up another cake and candles for that. then i took my son and i to meditation class, which was really good.

my wife came through and picked up my son, so i could get to the gym for a late evening workout that compromised the treadmill and abdominal exercisers. I felt really good after the workout. I have the routine down to 40 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes weights and stretches.

just a great day, my daughter birthday being the highlight. It dawned on me how lucky i was to be here for it.

i hope we are all lucky today and in the future.

hugs,
pete

Comments

• buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    Happy birthday Pete's
    Happy birthday Pete's daughter. Most 10 year olds are getting ponies this year. Lisa
  • northernlites
    northernlites Member Posts: 96
    Hi Pete,
    I can relate to

Hi Pete,
    I can relate to the birthday's with the kids. We just had a birthday dinner for my daughter who turned 27. My how times fly.... All I could think about during the dinner was my total scare with this cancer and the thought of never having another birthday dinner with her. It gave me courage to say to myself "wake up" and do something about it...other than dwelling on something we cannot change. So I am now walking more everyday with the dog and plan on starting the gym next week. My goal is to go back to work within a few weeks just part-time to see how I do. My strength is not there yet but hopefully more excersise will help. Enjoy those precious moments with your daughter...as we know life is so unpredictable!

tessa
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Pete
    A very Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    Give her the best gift of all, stick around another 50 years!
    ;-)
    -p
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    HBD!
    Hope you see many more with her.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    buckeye2 said:

Happy birthday Pete's
    Happy birthday Pete's daughter. Most 10 year olds are getting ponies this year. Lisa

thanks Lisa
    She would love a pony, a new pair of shoes with wheels invthe heel was her choice. Actually she wanted a girl rabbit, to keep our two boy rabbit company, I told her us Catholics are not into threesomes. So no rabbit, no poniy just cool shoes.
    Hugs,
    Pete
    Ps get got 2 dogs, z2 rabbits and fish. That's enough pets.
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Hi Pete,
    I can relate to

Hi Pete,
    I can relate to the birthday's with the kids. We just had a birthday dinner for my daughter who turned 27. My how times fly.... All I could think about during the dinner was my total scare with this cancer and the thought of never having another birthday dinner with her. It gave me courage to say to myself "wake up" and do something about it...other than dwelling on something we cannot change. So I am now walking more everyday with the dog and plan on starting the gym next week. My goal is to go back to work within a few weeks just part-time to see how I do. My strength is not there yet but hopefully more excersise will help. Enjoy those precious moments with your daughter...as we know life is so unpredictable!

tessa

dear tessa
    What can I say.
    Just step by step.
    It's good we got our kids as motivation in common.
    Do you see the irony, I do, I feel I maybe saved by a 10 year old girl not my conservative motherly oncologist, although she ha as really helped get me this far.
    I did a little YouTube about a week on my kids being the motivation for my survival , the treadmill gets boring, and I get these thoughts I dump onto video. I like my new smartphone.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    PhillieG said:

Pete
    A very Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    Give her the best gift of all, stick around another 50 years!
    ;-)
    -p

thanks phil
    50 is a nice round number. I'm am 45 tomorrow, I'll signup for 50 years and a day.
    That will get me to 95, that's enough. I am going to my good friend athols funeral today, he was a young 50 when a very vicious ung cancer ended his dreams prematurely.
    Hugs
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Sundanceh said:

HBD!
    Hope you see many more with her.

thanks sundance
    Her 21st is a good medium term goal.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    What an awesome day you had!
    What an awesome day you had! Thanks so much for sharing. Children, family, friends, pets, do keep us going. Here's to many more days like this one.

In balance and light.

Laura
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Aww
    Children's birthdays are so special. Sounds like your day was full of great things. Treasure that little one because before long you will be dancing with her at her wedding. Time goes so fast it makes your head spin.

Kim
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Aww
    Children's birthdays are so special. Sounds like your day was full of great things. Treasure that little one because before long you will be dancing with her at her wedding. Time goes so fast it makes your head spin.

Kim

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE !!!!!!!
    Pete, Please tell her happy birthday from me from Kentucky...and hope for a thousand more...............My daughter turned 26 today as well.......we are celebrating it at 6 pm...another milestone for each of us bud........have a great day..buzz
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    sounds like a great day!
    Hi Pete,

Happy birthday to your daughter! It's nice to share those days that are special and when we realize how fortunate we are to be here for them, huh?! (I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when you set the school fire alarm off, lol!)

You take care, as I know you will!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    lauragb said:

What an awesome day you had!
    What an awesome day you had! Thanks so much for sharing. Children, family, friends, pets, do keep us going. Here's to many more days like this one.

In balance and light.

Laura

thanks laura
    i loved "in balance and light"
    balance is a challenging goal.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Aww

Kim

thanks kim
    yes my head is spinning, it seems that living with crc has made me more aware.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Buzzard said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE !!!!!!!
    Pete, Please tell her happy birthday from me from Kentucky...and hope for a thousand more...............My daughter turned 26 today as well.......we are celebrating it at 6 pm...another milestone for each of us bud........have a great day..buzz

thanks buzz
    its a small world mate!!!
    how nice two girls with birthdays, two absolutely fantastic dedicated dads with crc in common.
    enjoy your dinner with your daughter.

a great milestone for us! yes indeed. its more special when we share it.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    lisa42 said:

sounds like a great day!
    Hi Pete,

Happy birthday to your daughter! It's nice to share those days that are special and when we realize how fortunate we are to be here for them, huh?! (I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when you set the school fire alarm off, lol!)

You take care, as I know you will!

Hugs,
    Lisa

thanks lisa
    the teacher is great, but was funny when the alarm went off.
    her training said to evacuate the classroom, which she started doing.

then commonsense licked in and she grbbed some paper art and fanned the alarm, it soon stopped sounding.

what a world. the kids said it was the best cake they had ever had. i think that was the sparklers.

hugs,
    pete
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

thanks lisa
    the teacher is great, but was funny when the alarm went off.
    her training said to evacuate the classroom, which she started doing.

then commonsense licked in and she grbbed some paper art and fanned the alarm, it soon stopped sounding.

what a world. the kids said it was the best cake they had ever had. i think that was the sparklers.

hugs,
    pete

Ahhh
    How wonderful it is to watch them grow up. I'm 52 and mine are 30 and 24 so now I'm watching my grandchildren grow up (two 9 year olds, one 7 year old and one 14 month old), it's wonderful to watch them grow.
    I'm glad you had the sparklers, what a thrill for the alarm to go off!!!
    Tell her Happy Birthday (a bit late)from California.
    Winter Marie
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Ahhh
    How wonderful it is to watch them grow up. I'm 52 and mine are 30 and 24 so now I'm watching my grandchildren grow up (two 9 year olds, one 7 year old and one 14 month old), it's wonderful to watch them grow.
    Winter Marie

thanks winter
    it was a great day. your to young to be a granny.
    but that said the grandkids sound great.
    hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Ahhh
    Winter Marie

thanks winter
    it was a great day. your to young to be a granny.
    but that said the grandkids sound great.
    hugs,
    pete