How is TexasGirl? Anyone knows?

LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
Hi TexasGirl -- Just checking on you making sure you're doing OK.

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Thinking of you too and
    Thinking of you too and hoping you are doing well.

Hugs, Jan
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Thinking of you too and
    Thinking of you too and hoping you are doing well.

Hugs, Jan

Thank you for checking on me
    I'm doing ok. Radiation was very hard on me, but my burns have pretty much healed now. I had a PET scan this morning & will find out next Monday if I'm cancer free. I soooo long to hear those precious words "NED".

I check the boards often, but I just haven't had the energy to post. I hope your doing well. I promise I'll start posting again :)

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member

I'm doing ok. Radiation was very hard on me, but my burns have pretty much healed now. I had a PET scan this morning & will find out next Monday if I'm cancer free. I soooo long to hear those precious words "NED".

I check the boards often, but I just haven't had the energy to post. I hope your doing well. I promise I'll start posting again :)

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

texas girl
    Glad to hear you are doing well. I think but am not sure - are you also IBC like me? I am currently doing Xeloda with radiation as I had a number of positive lymph nodes after chemo and radiation. How soon after radiation were you able to get a PET scan?

Laura
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Dawne
    Dawne,
    Glad to see your update. Praying for clear scan and good discussion with your doctor
    New Flower
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Dawne
    Dawne,
    Glad to see your update. Praying for clear scan and good discussion with your doctor
    New Flower

Dawne,
    I've been thinking about you a lot and wondering how you and your family are doing. Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear you are through with rads..Yay. Your body has been through a lot so exhaustion is to be expected. We miss you here buddy... but I'm glad to hear you are doing as well as can be expected.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Sorry...
    Heehee.. double post. I got so excited.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Sorry...
    Heehee.. double post. I got so excited.

Dawne .. Thank you for checking in and providing
    us with an update. I am so sorry that Rad's -- knocked you for a loop. However, chemo plus Rad's -- yikes -- takes a toll on anyone.

Please stay strong --- and rest whenever possible, dear Sister in PINK.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • LoveBabyJesus

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Hi!!!
    Hi dear Dawne – So good to hear from you. We’ll be praying that you’ll be dancing with NED. I am sorry about radiation – I hope you recover from everything soon! Yes, please post sometimes. We want to know how you’re doing. Stay positive for Monday. :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Congrats on finishing rads
    Congrats on finishing rads Dawne! And, I will be waiting to read next week that you and NED are dancing!

Hugs, Megan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Nice to see you back!
    Nice to see you back! Please post when you get the PET scan results...I want to hear that music while you dance with NED!

Hugs,

Linda
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Dawne
    Dawne,
    New Flower

Praying for you Dawne!
    Praying for you Dawne!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    I was thinking about our
    I was thinking about our sister TexasGirl. I know last time she posted she was doing well. But she hasn't been posting lately. Hope she's continuing to do well.
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

I was thinking about our
    I was thinking about our sister TexasGirl. I know last time she posted she was doing well. But she hasn't been posting lately. Hope she's continuing to do well.

Hey, I'm here
    Hi, thanks for checking on me. I'm doing ok. Waiting to hear from disability & raising my 6 year old granddaughter. That's another story in itself. I've been pretty bummed out because I just knew that when I was told that I was in remission that I would automatically feel like the old Dawne again... But that didn't happen & I'm just not able to go back to work yet. IBC, chemo, surgery, & radiation has messed me up pretty good. I've had to realize that the old Dawne is gone & this is the new me. I wonder if the Charlie horses, body aches, neuralgia, chemo brain, mouth sores ( yep, I still get them bad 6 months after chemo) will ever go away. I'm just exhausted all of the time. And I'm very afraid of a recurrence. I try very hard not to complain & I try hard to act like I feel great so that my family won't worry or think I'm a hypochondriac.

Anyway, I hope your doing well & staying strong.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member

Hey, I'm here
    Hi, thanks for checking on me. I'm doing ok. Waiting to hear from disability & raising my 6 year old granddaughter. That's another story in itself. I've been pretty bummed out because I just knew that when I was told that I was in remission that I would automatically feel like the old Dawne again... But that didn't happen & I'm just not able to go back to work yet. IBC, chemo, surgery, & radiation has messed me up pretty good. I've had to realize that the old Dawne is gone & this is the new me. I wonder if the Charlie horses, body aches, neuralgia, chemo brain, mouth sores ( yep, I still get them bad 6 months after chemo) will ever go away. I'm just exhausted all of the time. And I'm very afraid of a recurrence. I try very hard not to complain & I try hard to act like I feel great so that my family won't worry or think I'm a hypochondriac.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Hypochondriac?
    I don't think so!
    Give your self time to heal. Your energy will come back. I have heard that as long as it took for treatment, it will take at least that long to recover.
    I went back to work full time in september and I was wiped out at the end of the day for the first couple of weeks, now I can at least do other stuff besides just work.
    Personally, I think just raising a 6 year old is a full time job too!

Take care and be good to your self!
    Cindy
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

Glad to hear you are doing
    Glad to hear you are doing ok. I know those radiation burns suck. I hope you hear good news on the pet scan.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Hey, I'm here

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

It takes time Dawne for us
    It takes time Dawne for us ever to be even close to physically feeling great again. Be kind to yourself and try to take it as easy as you can.

I am sending you big hugs and prayers!