Has anyone heard of this?

Options
Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
Someone told me that Astragalus herb may boost White blood counts. Has anyone heard of this? I asked nurse at onc. office, she hasn't heard of it. I will ask onc. doc. when I go in on the 12th of sept. But in the meantime, I wondered if anyone here has taken it to boost wb count or heard pro's or con's? Is it safe?
Hugs,
Annette

Comments

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Astragalus???????
    Never heard of it. sorry,did you goggle it? MOLLYZ
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    mollyz said:

Astragalus???????
    Never heard of it. sorry,did you goggle it? MOLLYZ

Molly
    Thanks, No i didn't but I will. I still am interested if anyone has taken it or knows anything about it. I am such baby when it comes to taking anything I know nothing about. I was thinking of taking Ensure immunity but I see it has alot of sugar.
  • Maxmom57
    Maxmom57 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Molly
    Thanks, No i didn't but I will. I still am interested if anyone has taken it or knows anything about it. I am such baby when it comes to taking anything I know nothing about. I was thinking of taking Ensure immunity but I see it has alot of sugar.

Asparagus
    I was forwarded an email early in my diagnosis about Asparagus as a cancer fighter.
    Please read here:
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/asparagus.asp

An antioxidant yes, cure - no proof.
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    every day
    I take it every day~and a lot of othe homeopatic choices too...like Maitake mushroom, and Milk Thistle Dandelion..I didn't take them on Chemo week but the following week I did, and now that radiation is done, I take them everyday...my whiteblood cell count remained steady through out chemo, and only sunk a bit low during radiation when I wasn't taking anything at all~I believe it helped, but you should read up on it and learn a bit more...
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    sinee said:

every day
    I take it every day~and a lot of othe homeopatic choices too...like Maitake mushroom, and Milk Thistle Dandelion..I didn't take them on Chemo week but the following week I did, and now that radiation is done, I take them everyday...my whiteblood cell count remained steady through out chemo, and only sunk a bit low during radiation when I wasn't taking anything at all~I believe it helped, but you should read up on it and learn a bit more...

Hmm, nope no experience with it. But now you've got me interested in it!!! =D
    Seems to have helped sinee. =)

(((Hugs)))
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Molly

I've never heard of this
    I've never heard of this either.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jendrey said:

Hmm, nope no experience with it. But now you've got me interested in it!!! =D
    Seems to have helped sinee. =)

(((Hugs)))

I have heard of it. My
    I have heard of it. My friend took it when she was undergoing chemo for sarcoma. I never took it and dont have any experience with it. She liked it.