Amtrak

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
OK, like I don't have enough going on.... Yesterday before leaving. I managed to catch a black and white cat who has been hanging around in my yard for a couple of months. I thought he belonged to someone but he looks identical to my black and white cat-a stray who is probably related. Anyway I took new kitty to my vet, left him my credit card, and boarded the train. Vet called back and said kitty was feline leukemia and fiv free. We just named him Amtrak. He is getting neutered and shots today. ;-)

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    This story made my morning!
    This story made my morning! I love the name Amtrak and I think you are just awesome to take on a new pet because he needed you!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    good name....nice of you to
    good name....nice of you to adopt...my house is full of adopted/ unwanted pets....from Chinchilla, cats, kitten, rabbits, dogs

Denise
  • CypressCynthia

This story made my morning!
    This story made my morning! I love the name Amtrak and I think you are just awesome to take on a new pet because he needed you!

Awesome or crazy? Lol. He
    Awesome or crazy? Lol. He is homely to put it kindly. I did lol when the vet scanned him to see if he was chipped. He looks like he has ringworm all over his legs and he will probably end up costing as much as this trip. My vet of 22 years looked too happy to see me. Danny wants to let the vet try and find him a home after he is cleaned up but I'm very afraid we may have bonded on the way to the vet ;-)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

good name....nice of you to
    good name....nice of you to adopt...my house is full of adopted/ unwanted pets....from Chinchilla, cats, kitten, rabbits, dogs

Denise

Wow, love what you did and
    Wow, love what you did and Love the name.
    Kathy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Awesome or crazy? Lol. He
    Awesome or crazy? Lol. He is homely to put it kindly. I did lol when the vet scanned him to see if he was chipped. He looks like he has ringworm all over his legs and he will probably end up costing as much as this trip. My vet of 22 years looked too happy to see me. Danny wants to let the vet try and find him a home after he is cleaned up but I'm very afraid we may have bonded on the way to the vet ;-)

Well OF COURSE you did!
    CC, you're the one who became the adopted mom to Fluffy the 6-foot Iguana -- so it will not surprise me for a minute that Amtrak the Homely Cat has a new home with you, despite Danny's ideas to the contrary....

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    SWEEEEET! I absolutlely
    SWEEEEET! I absolutlely LOVE this post! It has me smiling and oh yea, not even an iota surprised that you would do this! Amtrak!

=^^=
    Chen
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    How heartwarming! Bless your
    How heartwarming! Bless your sweet heart! Hope you have a great trip!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

How heartwarming! Bless your
    How heartwarming! Bless your sweet heart! Hope you have a great trip!

All A B O A R D .... how funny that you thought of 'Amtrak'
    and his well being before taking your trip! Only YOU, CC.

Eileen, enjoy this very special Birthday trip with Danny. When you see Patsy, please give her a BIG hug from me.

Amtrak is 1 lucky kitty -- as I sure he will be treated like royalty... I still smile recalling the 'life and tails' of Fluffy.

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Another story that shows
    Another story that shows what a wonderful person you are! Have a wonderful trip!
  • CypressCynthia
    TraciInLA said:

Well OF COURSE you did!
    CC, you're the one who became the adopted mom to Fluffy the 6-foot Iguana -- so it will not surprise me for a minute that Amtrak the Homely Cat has a new home with you, despite Danny's ideas to the contrary....

:-) Traci

Traci, Danny is convinced
    Traci, Danny is convinced that the vet will find a good home for this mangy looking cat. The cat is all scar tissue and is missing hair in patches. Katherine says he found a good home and, although I don't want a 3rd cat, what can I do? I will let Danny ask, but.....
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Another story that shows
    Another story that shows what a wonderful person you are! Have a wonderful trip!

CC,
    Scar tissue and missing

CC,
    Scar tissue and missing hair in patches......it sounds like us!!
    OMG you have to keep this guy now.
    Have a wonderful trip!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

CC,
    Scar tissue and missing

CC,
    Scar tissue and missing hair in patches......it sounds like us!!
    OMG you have to keep this guy now.
    Have a wonderful trip!!

Lighthouse .. You are so right on target ....
    a little mangled, patched up and ring worm prone .. Yes, that describes the majority of us during our fight of the beast!!!!

Great analogy !!! LOL

Vicki Sam
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    CC
    OMG you are such a softie! It was meant to be :D
    Char
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Sounds PERFECT!!!!!
    Sigh...can't have animals because of wierd living arrangement...BUT....

We have a neighborhood cat that comes for coffee in The Netherlands. And the owner has just asked that the next time they go on vacation, could we look after him....at least we know that the neighbor knows about us *smile*...

I KNOW your kitty is going to have a GREAT life!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • CypressCynthia
    KathiM said:

Sounds PERFECT!!!!!
    Sigh...can't have animals because of wierd living arrangement...BUT....

We have a neighborhood cat that comes for coffee in The Netherlands. And the owner has just asked that the next time they go on vacation, could we look after him....at least we know that the neighbor knows about us *smile*...

I KNOW your kitty is going to have a GREAT life!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Kathi, How was Italy? I
    Kathi, How was Italy? I have been waiting to hear! I am writing this aboard the train on my phone so I don't know how to indent ;-) We just passed through some of the flooding in N Dakota and my heart is heavy for those affected. I remember that first hand. Train is now delayed but we are hoping there is still daylight when we near the mountains of Montana. I am thinking that maybe I should have named the kitty Kindred? Lighthouse, your post moved me so much! BTW our kindred kitty is fine and the vet tech said he is exceptionally sweet natured. They are now thinking the hair loss might be flea related as he was covered with fleas. They are going to try for a vet adoption and not charge me for room and board-just the $$$ for shots, neutering, deworming, etc. Lol!!! Well anyway my heart is lighter as he will have a second chance, our kindred, whether he ends up with me or someone else. That vet tech was sounding a little proprietary ;-) so it is still unclear if I will end up with another kitty. Love to all Kindreds!
  • CypressCynthia

Kathi, How was Italy? I
    Kathi, How was Italy? I have been waiting to hear! I am writing this aboard the train on my phone so I don't know how to indent ;-) We just passed through some of the flooding in N Dakota and my heart is heavy for those affected. I remember that first hand. Train is now delayed but we are hoping there is still daylight when we near the mountains of Montana. I am thinking that maybe I should have named the kitty Kindred? Lighthouse, your post moved me so much! BTW our kindred kitty is fine and the vet tech said he is exceptionally sweet natured. They are now thinking the hair loss might be flea related as he was covered with fleas. They are going to try for a vet adoption and not charge me for room and board-just the $$$ for shots, neutering, deworming, etc. Lol!!! Well anyway my heart is lighter as he will have a second chance, our kindred, whether he ends up with me or someone else. That vet tech was sounding a little proprietary ;-) so it is still unclear if I will end up with another kitty. Love to all Kindreds!

PS
    I figured out how to get a phone photo onto this message board. It only took me 3 tries! ;-)
  • CypressCynthia

Kathi, How was Italy? I

PS
    I figured out how to get a phone photo onto this message board. It only took me 3 tries! ;-)