GNO

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
Tonight is my monthly (never miss a month) GNO (girls night out) with long long long time friends (since kindergarten) IT"S great therapy (no cancer talk persay) just knowing each month we have our get togethers..

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    It does not get any better
    It does not get any better than that right !!!!!!!
    Kathy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Kat11 said:

It does not get any better
    It does not get any better than that right !!!!!!!
    Kathy

we hadn't seen each other,
    we hadn't seen each other, no contact for just over 30 yrs...after class reunion and facebook found out all in same area (never left) we make sure when we sit down we get calenders out for the next month.

we go to each others house, shop, movies, dinner, walks and lots of talk.

Denise
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Love that you do this!!!! It
    Love that you do this!!!! It is necessary for the well-being of the soul!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Denise
    That's an awesome way to spend a night. Wish I had friends like that. Have a wonderful evening.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Denise
    That's an awesome way to spend a night. Wish I had friends like that. Have a wonderful evening.
    {{hugs}} Char

A+ girls
    There are 6 of us girls (we're 67 years old!) who have known each other forever. Three of us have known each other since kindergarten ... the other 3 "new-comers" didn't appear at our school until junior high. None of us were in "THE" group of girls in high school and we used to say we just didn't belong to the "A" group. Then we decided that we were actually "better" than "those" girls ... so we're the A+ girls. After high school some of us lost touch, moved around ... married/divorced etc. ... but for about the last 6-8 years we've all been here in the same town and we try to meet for breakfast at least once a month to catch up on stuff ... and I'm still surprised that we have not been thrown out of the restaurant because we get so loud and laugh like crazy. But ... we're here for each other ... no matter what ... and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends. It's been especially "interesting" with my breast cancer ... because one of the other "girls" has gone through treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma (not sure if it was non-Hodgkins or the other) ... but she was in remission for several years ... now she's got some sort of leukemia and having to go through chemo again. Guess she didn't get chemo brain with the first go-round ... but she's got it now ... so we have a great deal in common ... and thank goodness we're able to laugh about it.

Thanks goodness for those girls! And thank goodness for YOU girls too. :-)

hugs.
    teena
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    tgf said:

A+ girls
    There are 6 of us girls (we're 67 years old!) who have known each other forever. Three of us have known each other since kindergarten ... the other 3 "new-comers" didn't appear at our school until junior high. None of us were in "THE" group of girls in high school and we used to say we just didn't belong to the "A" group. Then we decided that we were actually "better" than "those" girls ... so we're the A+ girls. After high school some of us lost touch, moved around ... married/divorced etc. ... but for about the last 6-8 years we've all been here in the same town and we try to meet for breakfast at least once a month to catch up on stuff ... and I'm still surprised that we have not been thrown out of the restaurant because we get so loud and laugh like crazy. But ... we're here for each other ... no matter what ... and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends. It's been especially "interesting" with my breast cancer ... because one of the other "girls" has gone through treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma (not sure if it was non-Hodgkins or the other) ... but she was in remission for several years ... now she's got some sort of leukemia and having to go through chemo again. Guess she didn't get chemo brain with the first go-round ... but she's got it now ... so we have a great deal in common ... and thank goodness we're able to laugh about it.

Thanks goodness for those girls! And thank goodness for YOU girls too. :-)

hugs.
    teena

So much fun! I spent Tuesday afternoon and evening
    with several BFF's showing (stimulating our economy), then dinner and drinks. So much fun. With our schedules, jobs, kids, family .. we don't get to more than 5 to 7 times a year -- so we make the most out of our times together.

Denise, I am happy that you had the opportunity over the years to cherish each other.

Vicki Sam
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    VickiSam said:

So much fun! I spent Tuesday afternoon and evening
    with several BFF's showing (stimulating our economy), then dinner and drinks. So much fun. With our schedules, jobs, kids, family .. we don't get to more than 5 to 7 times a year -- so we make the most out of our times together.

Denise, I am happy that you had the opportunity over the years to cherish each other.

Vicki Sam

For over twenty years a
    For over twenty years a bunch of us have gotten together every month for lunch, usually about 12 ladies who had worked together. I missed out all of last year but finally was able to return a couple of months ago, what a treat. It was so much fun catching up. Each month one of the group chooses where to meet. We used to take turns at our homes but as we've gotten older it works out better to go to a restaurant. Not only that, I also have a dinner group, about 6-8, that meets every month, second Tues, for dinner at a restaurant. And I have been attending that again lately. It really helps to get away and cancer is not the focus of our conversations. We all have so much to share and its good to keep in touch with our old friends. And they are part of my support group, just as everyone here is.
  • mruczko
    mruczko Member Posts: 110
    GNO
    Thank God for the "girls" no matter what age! Where would we be without our friends to support us.
    M.