Squamous Cell Carcinoma

shawna
shawna Member Posts: 29
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
HI everyone. I have posted before but rarely get a response. My grandmother has lung cancer that is squamous cell and has left the lung and wrapped around her spine. Does anyone have a similar case? Thanks.

Comments

• stephie
    stephie Member Posts: 2
    HI SHAWNA I AM NEW TO THIS GROUP. WE JSUT FOUND OUT THAT MY MOTHER HAS A SIMILAR BUT IT IS AROUND HER HEART. THEY CANNOT DO SURGURY TO REMOVE IT. IT IS A STAGE 3B. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATE ON ANYTHING NEW THAT I LEARN. IF YOU WOULD DO THE SAME WE REALLY DON'T KNOW MUCH EXCEPT CANCER IDS A SCARY WORD. MY HUSBAND UNCLE PAST AWAY TODAY OF LUNG CANCER THAT HE HAD THOUGHT THAT HE HAD BEAT BUT IT SPREADED IN HIS LIVER. IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. MY MOTHER IS STILL GOING THROUGH TESTING. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE. THANKS
  • Jww 16
    Jww 16 Member Posts: 5
    My husband has this type.It's a 3b.He's finished 34 radiation and 8 chemo with it.We're waiting for him to be strong enough to take aggressive chem every 3 weeks for I don't know how long.It's been 2 months since he finished his first treatment.He still doesn't feel good.Has pain in his chest most of the time.Drs.said they can treat it,but it's not curable.We go to the Chemo Dr. tomorrow.He had blood work this morning,so hopefully we find out something.Keep in touch & I'll do the same.