OT - Last Survivor of the Bataan Death March died.

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited August 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
The last survivor of the Bataan Death March (1942) died at 105. After Dr. Albert Brown was freed in i945, he was told that he probably wouldn't live to 50 - he showed them. For the younger ones, in 1942 the Bataan Death March happened. It was a 65 mile forced march of prisioner by the Japanese. During the march 10,000 died.

I mention this because I feel that I can gain so much from the strenght of this man's 'being'. I can't begin to think that I could have survived what he did - but he did so I just need to dig a bit deeper and know that if he could do what he did - I'll keep fighting through anything this Monster might throw at me in the future.

Susan

Comments

• mjjones453
    mjjones453 Member Posts: 155
    I read two books
    on the Bataan Death march, incredible what they went through, and the will and fight to live that they had. Mary
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

I read two books
    on the Bataan Death march, incredible what they went through, and the will and fight to live that they had. Mary

Susan,
    I think that it is

Susan,
    I think that it is wonderful tta you are drawing from this man's courage. It is always so good to find something that can inspire us. What a marvelous choice this is.
    Stef
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    He is not the last survivor
    He was the oldest survivor. Bataan death march was at the beginning of WW2 and there are a number of survivors left. We happen to know one who lives in Nevada Missouri.