After being free of cancer for a year it has now metastisized

sparky51
sparky51 Member Posts: 37
I found out yesterday that the breast cancer has metastisized to the lumbar portion of my spine so I see the radiation oncologist next week to see what the next step is. As for the lung biopsy it turns out (and I knew when they were doing it) they biopsied the wrong section and now I'll have to go through another biopsy......what's next I wonder....:(

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Sparky
    Sparky, so sorry that you got bad news. You know we are here for you. Let us know how
    your appmt. with onc. goes. (((Hugs))) and prayers.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hugs to you! So sorry you
    Hugs to you! So sorry you have to go through this all over again when you probably haven't gotten over the first dx. Put an X on the lung so they don't mess it up this time, hard to have faith in them with these kind of blunders. Sending you many long distance hugs...
    jan
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Oh so sorry!!!!!!
    Did they give you any scans after your cancer free diagnosis? this really shouldn't have happened, I will pray for you,I had a cousin diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in 2009 and it had metastisized in her liver and she had a mastectomy then had half of her liver took off then it went to her pancreas and she's doing fine now she still has a lot of test but she's here and gained a lot of wait back. MOLLYZ
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Tux said:

Sparky
    Sparky, so sorry that you got bad news. You know we are here for you. Let us know how
    your appmt. with onc. goes. (((Hugs))) and prayers.

I am so sorry Sparky. Lots
    I am so sorry Sparky.

Lots of hugs and prayers,

Megan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    mollyz said:

Oh so sorry!!!!!!
    Did they give you any scans after your cancer free diagnosis? this really shouldn't have happened, I will pray for you,I had a cousin diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in 2009 and it had metastisized in her liver and she had a mastectomy then had half of her liver took off then it went to her pancreas and she's doing fine now she still has a lot of test but she's here and gained a lot of wait back. MOLLYZ

I'm so sorry Sparky. You're
    I'm so sorry Sparky. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    HUGS,
    Wanda
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    mollyz said:

Oh so sorry!!!!!!

So sorry...
    Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Sue :(
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    mollyz said:

Oh so sorry!!!!!!

I am very sorry Sparky. You
    I am very sorry Sparky. You will be in my prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    DebbyM said:

I am very sorry Sparky. You
    I am very sorry Sparky. You will be in my prayers.

Hugs, Debby

So sorry Sparky.
    And I'd be livid about the Lung mess up. What the heck?
    Dee
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm so sorry you got this
    I'm so sorry you got this news. Your in my prayers darlin. Kay
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Oh no!!
    I am so sorry you have to go through this...was there any explanation for why the wrong section got biopsied? I know anger doesn't really help but boy would I be furious!

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers,

Jennifer
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Sending love and hugs
    Sparky,
    I am sending you love and hugs regarding your news. I am praying for the best outcome possible for you. Also so sorry about your lung biopsy. Know that people care about you,
    Sybil
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    sparky
    so sorry to hear they biopsied the wrong part of your lung. I am curious if you had pain in your lumbar area or if something else (like blood work) alerted your onc that there was cancer? I only ask because I have lumbar spinal stenosis brought on by severe osteoarthritis. My lumbar area is in pain all the time. I'll be having a xray in October before I see my spine surgeon. I see med onc in September. I wish you well with your biopsy.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    I Sending You Strength
    Dear Sparky,

I sending you all my energies and strength to deal with the next chapter. I am expecting a good kill on that wicked cancer.

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

I Sending You Strength
    Dear Sparky,

I sending you all my energies and strength to deal with the next chapter. I am expecting a good kill on that wicked cancer.

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle

Really sorry to hear your bad news. Let us know what treatment will be done and also how your other biopsy comes out. Will be praying for a good result.
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    OMG! The wrong section!
    OMG! The wrong section! Going thru biopsy again...awful! I would be uset too!
    I am So sorry the cancer has spread to the spine. Sparky you are in my thoughts during this tense time.
    Hugs to you,
    Annette
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

OMG! The wrong section!
    OMG! The wrong section! Going thru biopsy again...awful! I would be uset too!
    I am So sorry the cancer has spread to the spine. Sparky you are in my thoughts during this tense time.
    Hugs to you,
    Annette

sorry to read
    Sorry to read of the mets to your spine and about the biopsy too. Hopefully when they get it right, it will turn out the right way (negative). Stay strong and positive.
    Marsha
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232

sorry to read
    Sorry to read of the mets to your spine and about the biopsy too. Hopefully when they get it right, it will turn out the right way (negative). Stay strong and positive.
    Marsha

Sparky - I am keeping you in
    Sparky - I am keeping you in my prayers and sending you light. I can't believe they did the wrong part of the lung. WOW! What a mess. We do have to be our own advocates.

Many Hugs,
    Pam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Sunrae said:

Really sorry to hear your bad news. Let us know what treatment will be done and also how your other biopsy comes out. Will be praying for a good result.

So sorry Sparky that your
    So sorry Sparky that your cancer has spread. I almost don't know what to say. Just know that all the pink sisters are here for you.

Praying for you,

Kylez
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Sunrae said:

just saw
    that i double posted sorry
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Pam5 said:

Sparky - I am keeping you in
    Sparky - I am keeping you in my prayers and sending you light. I can't believe they did the wrong part of the lung. WOW! What a mess. We do have to be our own advocates.

Many Hugs,
    Pam

So sorry
    you've encountered a metastasis. I hope treatment will begin soon for you so you can get back in the ring. The biopsy thing just plain sucks.

Sending hugs and prayers,
    Suzanne