WHAT NEXT?

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited August 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
There is a new ACS web site that you may find interesting. It is much different from CSN and has its own feel. You can list your story there in segments (kind cool format) and you can post questions and will be linked to others with a like dx. Check it out if you think you may be interested. Several CSNers are there now, my name there is RE16 i had to change it cause it was too short! :-)

http://acs.whatnext.com/

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Greta sent me an email invitation to join!
    I got an email from Greta asking me to join, so I checked the site out and joined. So, thank you Greta!

My name on there is just like here, Susie09, and I have the same picture. I thought if anyone else from here was there, they might recognize the picture and know it was me!

It looks like it will be a great help to many, and, I am happy if I can help any at all.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

p.s. The only thing that almost stopped me from joining was that Firefox, my browser, said it was an unsafe site and told me to get out of there. But, I went ahead and told them I thought it was ok and I got in the site then.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    susie09 said:

Greta sent me an email invitation to join!
    I got an email from Greta asking me to join, so I checked the site out and joined. So, thank you Greta!

My name on there is just like here, Susie09, and I have the same picture. I thought if anyone else from here was there, they might recognize the picture and know it was me!

It looks like it will be a great help to many, and, I am happy if I can help any at all.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

p.s. The only thing that almost stopped me from joining was that Firefox, my browser, said it was an unsafe site and told me to get out of there. But, I went ahead and told them I thought it was ok and I got in the site then.

Thank you for the info
    I did sign in. My name is NewFlower too. I saw many board members there, need to learn more about its functions
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Thank you for the info
    I did sign in. My name is NewFlower too. I saw many board members there, need to learn more about its functions

Me too
    I joined also...same name...Debi18 (without the "dot")
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    I joined but was not happy
    I joined but was not happy that under the catergory of a more specific breast cancer diagnosis, it fails to list DCIS. I also did not like the fact each person earns reputation points, I do not see the point of rating users. I am not sure I will use it.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

I joined but was not happy
    I joined but was not happy that under the catergory of a more specific breast cancer diagnosis, it fails to list DCIS. I also did not like the fact each person earns reputation points, I do not see the point of rating users. I am not sure I will use it.

I joined too under my same
    I joined too under my same name. I agree Susie that I got scared when Safari told me it was unsafe too! I don't know how to navigate it yet but figured out how to answer a question. That was easy. I was also wondering about the reputation points cinnamonsmile. What's that all about?
    Anyway it will be interesting to have a new site. Thanks RE.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member

I joined too under my same
    I joined too under my same name. I agree Susie that I got scared when Safari told me it was unsafe too! I don't know how to navigate it yet but figured out how to answer a question. That was easy. I was also wondering about the reputation points cinnamonsmile. What's that all about?
    Anyway it will be interesting to have a new site. Thanks RE.

:-)
    It is different but I like it, its not for everyone just like anything else. The rep points threw me too but I think it is supposed to be just a fun way to encourage participation. As I wrote more about my journey I noticed my points incresed, kinda funny. I think if you are someone who is new to cancer it can be very helpful, being a 14 year survivor I hope to be able to help others with what I know and learn a little something myself, much like we do here. You all have a great weekend!!!

RE
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I signed up using the same
    I signed up using the same name as CSN: BellaLuna. I am navigating my way through the site and getting familiar with the options.
    Ines
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    I tried signing up but it
    I tried signing up but it doesn't allow me to? Weird. :-/
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member

I tried signing up but it
    I tried signing up but it doesn't allow me to? Weird. :-/

Ok, I signed up! Same name,
    Ok, I signed up! Same name, LoveBabyJesus. :)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Ok, I signed up! Same name,
    Ok, I signed up! Same name, LoveBabyJesus. :)

I signes up under a
    I signes up under a different name but it probs wont be hard to figure me out!