Finally Home !!

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
Hi All,

I am finally home. It's been way to long and I really miss you all. I started to read a few posts, but got so tired, that I am now just starting to read again.

First I want you to know that when I arrived, I wanted to let you know, but I screwed up my laptop. I have no idea what I did, but it does not work at all. It is only two years old, and a fairly good one, I thought.. I had no way to get it fixed, if it even can be fixed. Oh well, seems to be the story lately. One thing after another..

Had every test and then some more. Still doing the watchful waiting on the lymphoma, this is good news for me. I can only handle so much at one time. Spleen is a bit smaller, but still enlarged.

Lung tumor is the same size, but there is another smaller one near it. They think it was there before, but did not show up. Watchful waiting on the lung for now. I am happy about that.

They found another node that was entering near my esophagus. So they decided to give me a whole bunch of daily IMRT. Horrible does not describe it. I hope to never do that again. I am very raw and have a good amount of pain. Meds are helping a lot. I am very tired. Just so happy to be home.

I will be closely watched by my oncs here at home. And if I need to go back, I might.

Thats all for now, I hope you all are well and able to enjoy the remainder of summer. I am sure going to try...

Peaceful healing,

Comments

• dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Welcome Back
    Lisha,

I am so happy to see you posting. Hope you can get your laptop fixed, but if not...time for scrap.

Glad to hear you are doing watch and wait because I know how frustrating treatment can be. I sincerely hope the pain gets better soon although with rads nothing can be for sure. Are you able to eat without pain? I really wish they hadn't had to do that, but MD is a great hospital with terrific docs.

I AM glad you're home.

Take care of yourself my dear!
    Beth
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Finally!!!
    Hi Lisha,
    Oh wow....I'm so glad to see your post! I've never had any radiation,so I'll take your word on the pain. So sorry you had to have it done, but if it helps, then it will be worth it. I have truely missed you!! Kept you daily in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome back sweetie! You rest now and try to enjoy the remainder of summer. Was your landscaping done when you got home? If so, I sure hope it turned out how you wanted. I'm doing good...much better now knowing your home and ok.Stay peaceful and as stress free as possible. Sorry your lap top is messed up...just hate it when that happens! Hope it's fixable. Talk to you soon dear one... Love you...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Your laptop
    I might be able to guide you on some troubleshooting and diagnostic
    steps for your laptop if you feel up to it.

I just need to know the symptoms, what it is doing/not doing, etc.
    It could be a simple fix.

Hugs and welcome home.

Jim
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Welcome Back
    Lisha,
    It is great to hear from you. Glad its watch and wait this time.I know you have been thru so much. I watch the board everyday looking for your post. I know what you mean about computers pooping out on you. I do not have a laptop but the PC does the same thing every day like clockwork. It seems everyday around 7pm my computer slows down to a crawl. It is frustrating having to wait for it to start to speed up again. I do not know what is wrong with it. Its probably a simple fix,but not for me.I can always tell ahead of time it is going to fail because the little green bar at the bottom moves real slow.Then something pops up on the screen saying "Server can not be reached at this time,Try again later."
    Just stay rested and keep us updated when you feel up to it. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • allmost60
    jimwins said:

Your laptop

Hugs and welcome home.

Jim

LOVE the picture!
    Hi Jim,
    I just had to comment on your profile picture...LOVE it!!! Is this your grandchild? If so...she's(?) about the cutest little sweetie I've seen...well, after my sweet grandbaby Lizzy, that is...ha! Have a good day...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Welcome back
    Hi Lisha,
    So glad you posted as I have wondering how you were doing. I know how wonderful it must be to finally be in your own home in your own bed. We have a good mattress but so many people told us about tempur- pedic beds and how they help aches and pains, we are getting ours next week. A dc can write a prescription and you pay no tax. Take care and glad you are back. joanie
  • forme
    dixiegirl said:

Welcome Back
    Lisha,

I am so happy to see you posting. Hope you can get your laptop fixed, but if not...time for scrap.

Glad to hear you are doing watch and wait because I know how frustrating treatment can be. I sincerely hope the pain gets better soon although with rads nothing can be for sure. Are you able to eat without pain? I really wish they hadn't had to do that, but MD is a great hospital with terrific docs.

I AM glad you're home.

Take care of yourself my dear!
    Beth

Happy to see you
    Hi beth,

Very happy to hear from you. How are feeling? Are you getting out much. I hope all is well. I've tried to read back through a few posts, but it becomes very tiring very quickly.

Eating does not really work out, drinking is easier right now. Just hurts a lot. Hopefully I'll feel less pain soon. Maybe about another week or so. Mostly I am exhausted. Zero energy. You probably know that feeling all to well.

Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • forme
    allmost60 said:

Finally!!!
    Hi Lisha,
    Oh wow....I'm so glad to see your post! I've never had any radiation,so I'll take your word on the pain. So sorry you had to have it done, but if it helps, then it will be worth it. I have truely missed you!! Kept you daily in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome back sweetie! You rest now and try to enjoy the remainder of summer. Was your landscaping done when you got home? If so, I sure hope it turned out how you wanted. I'm doing good...much better now knowing your home and ok.Stay peaceful and as stress free as possible. Sorry your lap top is messed up...just hate it when that happens! Hope it's fixable. Talk to you soon dear one... Love you...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

So CUTE !
    Hi Sue,

Love the picture of Lizzy. She is so cute. I am jealous. Maybe one of these days I'll get another grandbaby. I hope so. You just enjoy all the time you have with her. They grow up so fast.

My garden is done. I am so happy. I took some photos today, I'll try and put them on my expression page either tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know when they are there.

Hubby took the laptop in to the Geek squad. I should know by tomorrow how bad it is. oh well..

I glad that you are feeling good. I love to hear positive news from everyone. Gives me tons of hope.

Talk to you soon.
    Lisha
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    allmost60 said:

LOVE the picture!
    Hi Jim,
    I just had to comment on your profile picture...LOVE it!!! Is this your grandchild? If so...she's(?) about the cutest little sweetie I've seen...well, after my sweet grandbaby Lizzy, that is...ha! Have a good day...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

:)
    Hey Sue :)

Actually I was looking for a pic that kind of expresses the way I feel.
    I was not meaning to be deceptive, just expressive.

I don't have children but thanks to my two sisters, I have tons of nieces,
    nephews and all their children :).
  • allmost60
    jimwins said:

:)
    Hey Sue :)

Actually I was looking for a pic that kind of expresses the way I feel.
    I was not meaning to be deceptive, just expressive.

I don't have children but thanks to my two sisters, I have tons of nieces,
    nephews and all their children :).

This is good..
    Hi Jim,
    Well..I like this picture also...makes a person feel happy. The little girl with the hair standing up looked alot like I felt during my BMB test or on the days I had to take the nasty prednisone...ha! Both were hair raisers for sure!!!..ha! Expressive is good!!!
    Take care...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • allmost60
    forme said:

So CUTE !
    Hi Sue,

Love the picture of Lizzy. She is so cute. I am jealous. Maybe one of these days I'll get another grandbaby. I hope so. You just enjoy all the time you have with her. They grow up so fast.

My garden is done. I am so happy. I took some photos today, I'll try and put them on my expression page either tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know when they are there.

Hubby took the laptop in to the Geek squad. I should know by tomorrow how bad it is. oh well..

I glad that you are feeling good. I love to hear positive news from everyone. Gives me tons of hope.

Talk to you soon.
    Lisha

Thanks...
    Thanks Lisha,
    Lizzy has totally captured my heart, and I can hardly believe she is 3 months old today. Indeed how fast time flys by! Headed to bed...she will be here bright and early tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see your new garden pictures. Love you...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    home
    Nothing like being home! rest, rest , rest!!!! Take care Vinny
  • forme
    jimwins said:

Your laptop

Hugs and welcome home.

Jim

Thanks
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the offer to help. Hubby took it to the geek squad. Hopefully it can be fixed.
    I want to say welcome to you also. You must have joined the group when I was away. This is the best group of people.

peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • forme
    COBRA666 said:

Welcome Back
    Lisha,
    It is great to hear from you. Glad its watch and wait this time.I know you have been thru so much. I watch the board everyday looking for your post. I know what you mean about computers pooping out on you. I do not have a laptop but the PC does the same thing every day like clockwork. It seems everyday around 7pm my computer slows down to a crawl. It is frustrating having to wait for it to start to speed up again. I do not know what is wrong with it. Its probably a simple fix,but not for me.I can always tell ahead of time it is going to fail because the little green bar at the bottom moves real slow.Then something pops up on the screen saying "Server can not be reached at this time,Try again later."
    Just stay rested and keep us updated when you feel up to it. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

Hey John
    How are you doing. Hope the summer is treating you well. I am so happy to be back home and to have very mild weather. It has been down right cold. Love it !! I am so DONE with the HOT and HUMID. Yuck.
    It seems that I have had terrible luck lately with my computers. My desktop is starting to act funny too. It might need replacing some time soon. I just like the girl...
    It is always nice to hear from you too.

Lisha