Gallstone Saga Update

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
Doctor appt. Update: Okay folks here is the current scoop, my surgeon says the gallbladder must come out and he is going to try to do it sometime next week. He too said he cannot definitively tell me it is not cancer until it is out and tested and ye olde lab. He did tell me it is rare to have gallbladder cancer that it is odds of about 20 percent not in my favor so we shall wait and see. I love this doc by the way he is the one who has done my lumpectomy and mastectomy and called to let me know I had cancer the third time. He is sensitive and caring and the absolute best in my book. When he came in the room he was smiling from ear to ear and said he was so happy to see me and gave me a huge bear hug! I told him I was happy as well cause he need to "fix" me! He is one of the good ones! I'll let you know more when I know more.

Hugs,

RE

Comments

• grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Oh My Gosh
    Another thing to deal with! Wish he had told you there was absolutely NO way for this to be cancer. We are going to say it's the result of earlier treatments causing things to mess up.

Keep us updated, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,

Jennifer
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Hi RE,
    So glad your in the

Hi RE,
    So glad your in the best of care. Sounds like you got one of the good ones :)
    Best of luck with the removal of those pesky stones.
    Hug,
    Wanda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Hi RE,
    So glad your in the

Hi RE,
    So glad your in the best of care. Sounds like you got one of the good ones :)
    Best of luck with the removal of those pesky stones.
    Hug,
    Wanda

Okay, RE, let's remove this bad boy
    So glad you love your doc--that is so important. Sending you a ton of positive energy, good thoughts and prayers for the perfect outcome--no pain and benign results.

Hugs, Renee
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    missrenee said:

Okay, RE, let's remove this bad boy
    So glad you love your doc--that is so important. Sending you a ton of positive energy, good thoughts and prayers for the perfect outcome--no pain and benign results.

Hugs, Renee

How much does your gallbladder weigh?
    RE, you mentioned in a previous post that you're doing Weight Watchers...so I think you should look at this as an opportunity for a little instant weight loss!

:-) Traci
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    TraciInLA said:

RE, you mentioned in a previous post that you're doing Weight Watchers...so I think you should look at this as an opportunity for a little instant weight loss!

Wishing you a good outcome.....clean path report and a speedy recovery....
    Keep us posted when you can..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    TraciInLA said:

:-)
    Traci I thought of that, but then was sorrowfully disappointed when the doc showed me how small the gallbladder really is....oh well the important thing is to not be in pain...but an extra pound loss would have been a bonus for sure!

RE
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    RE said:

Traci I thought of that, but then was sorrowfully disappointed when the doc showed me how small the gallbladder really is....oh well the important thing is to not be in pain...but an extra pound loss would have been a bonus for sure!

RE

Get it outa you!
    I hope this happens soon, Re. Will the surgery be laparoscopic? When? I want it out now. Remember, if you hadn't had cancer you would not even think about the remote possibility of the gallbladder being cancerous.

Best of luck. Keep us up-to-date.

Love,
    Suzanne
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    RE said:

RE

weight loss
    The gallbladder may not weigh that much but stones have got to weigh more than regular tissue!!
    Still hoping for gallstones,
    Cindy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    MAJW said:

Hugs, Nancy

Good luck Re! I will be
    Good luck Re! I will be praying for a clean path report.

Hugs, Lex
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    MAJW said:

Hugs, Nancy

Good luck Re! I will be
    Good luck Re! I will be praying for a clean path report.

Hugs, Lex
  • Ticky
    Ticky Member Posts: 117
    Gallstone
    I am happy to hear that you have a very good relationship with your doctor. You are lucky to have a surgeon who is sensitive and caring, it is so important. I am sorry to hear that your surgeon says the gallbladder must come out next week. I pray that the tests from the lab show that is not cancer. It is good to hear that it is rare to have gallbladder cancer that odds are only 20 percent not in your favor. Keep us informed.

Hugs,

Ticky
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Ticky said:

Gallstone
    I am happy to hear that you have a very good relationship with your doctor. You are lucky to have a surgeon who is sensitive and caring, it is so important. I am sorry to hear that your surgeon says the gallbladder must come out next week. I pray that the tests from the lab show that is not cancer. It is good to hear that it is rare to have gallbladder cancer that odds are only 20 percent not in your favor. Keep us informed.

Hugs,

Ticky

Sending positive thoughts. Being hugged by your surgeon sounds great!
    Hugs from now
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    RE, looks like another battle wound coming up. Glad your surgeon is on top of it all and better yet that you have a long positive relationship with him. Personally I've never heard of gallbladder cancer so I won't even entertain that thought. Hugs to you and hope it all goes well..
    jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Sending positive thoughts. Being hugged by your surgeon sounds great!
    Hugs from now

I am thinking positive
    I am thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers for your surgery Re!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

RE, looks like another battle wound coming up. Glad your surgeon is on top of it all and better yet that you have a long positive relationship with him. Personally I've never heard of gallbladder cancer so I won't even entertain that thought. Hugs to you and hope it all goes well..
    jan

I remember being told the
    I remember being told the same thing about gallbladder cancer when I was going to have mine removed. It still didn't keep me from worrying that maybe it was. But it wasn't and that is what I am praying for you. I do know that I felt so much better after my gallbladder was gone. Good thoughts and big hugs to you.
    Stef
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    fauxma said:

I remember being told the
    I remember being told the same thing about gallbladder cancer when I was going to have mine removed. It still didn't keep me from worrying that maybe it was. But it wasn't and that is what I am praying for you. I do know that I felt so much better after my gallbladder was gone. Good thoughts and big hugs to you.
    Stef

Miss Rena .. Gallstones is what I am wishing and
    praying for! Hoping you 'sail' thru your scheduled surgery next week. I am happy that you have such a wonderful, caring Doctor - who is providing you with excellent care.

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam