Pink Garden Vege Bus Coming to a Town Near You

cinnamonsmile
cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
Was out in my garden today picking peas, beans, cukes, lettuce,and zucchini. Was thinking about all of you on here and thought I would drive the Pink Bus from town to town dropping off fresh veges from my garden to you all. Then as the heat was getting to me, I was thinking, I needed you all to help me with the strength to keep going on it today... or better yet, help me out LOL!! Anyhoo, the thought was there til I got so hot and tired in the sun and heat.

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Nice thought, my garden is
    Nice thought, my garden is late. I could really use the vegetables! I will trade you vegies now for oranges in February!

Cindy
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    mamolady said:

Nice thought, my garden is
    Nice thought, my garden is late. I could really use the vegetables! I will trade you vegies now for oranges in February!

Cindy

I have raspberries~
    and lots of them, and this year they are exceptionally big!!
    ~Melanie
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

I have raspberries~
    and lots of them, and this year they are exceptionally big!!
    ~Melanie

My tomatoes are teenagers
    My tomatoes are so far just sitting there on the vines looking at me with their arms crossed and that sulky teenager look: "Red? You want RED? Green isn't good enough for you, b**ch?"

(I'm just sure that's what they're saying, I can hear them....)

But my basil is exuberantly out of control, so if you'd like some fresh basil to go with those veggies, drive that bus on over to our house!

Traci
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Need Tomatoes?
    My husband is the gardener in our family. Amongst other things, he planted tomatoes in 12 containers. I, of course, am in charge of all the watering since I am home during the day and he works 45 minutes from home. We have already started to harvest some of the tomatoes. What is the hold-up with your harvest Traci? Last summer we had far more than we could possibly eat and everybody we know was given tomatoes whether they wanted them or not. I would be happy to contribute tomatoes when the Pink Bus comes near San Francisco.

IRENE
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    TraciInLA said:

My tomatoes are teenagers
    My tomatoes are so far just sitting there on the vines looking at me with their arms crossed and that sulky teenager look: "Red? You want RED? Green isn't good enough for you, b**ch?"

(I'm just sure that's what they're saying, I can hear them....)

But my basil is exuberantly out of control, so if you'd like some fresh basil to go with those veggies, drive that bus on over to our house!

Traci

Traci, my tomatoes are the
    Traci, my tomatoes are the same way, one is even producing oddly shaped weird roma tomatoes and then rot on the vine lol!! I have a couple tomatoe plants that are almost 4.5 feet tall, too big for the little 3 ft. cages I bought and are bent over on the ground. Tons of blossoms and little bitty green tomatoes lol!!!!
    My squash is gone crazy. I call it Little Squash of HOrrors ha ha. They are spread about 15 feet, growing in to a third of the garden now. I even have squash, actual sqaush, hanging from my sunflowers!!! The vines are growing up the sunflower plants!!!
    I figure its a nationwide Pink Garden Vege bus...throw on the fruit too!! I love rasberries.