chemo starts immediately

124»

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    laurissa said:

First treatment done
    It didn't take very long. I have 2 meds, each lasts half an hour and no bad side effects yet. I did get a steriod and anti neaseau med too. Had a headache through the night. I think the steroids. Today I'm applying for disability and food stamps. Probably alot of red tape along the way. We'll be fincially strapped now, both of us unable to work for several months. My work has fmla. Thank you all for caring and prayers. I was hoping I had worms. ha ha

Laurissa big gentle cyber
    Laurissa big gentle cyber hugs to you...i just am at a loss for words...but you havent lost your sence of humor...worms...i love it! You take it easy and dont wear yourself out with all the goverment red tape bs. Keep us posted on how your doing! I miss seeing that beautiful face!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Thinking of you Laurissa.
    Thinking of you Laurissa. Keep the faith "WE" can do this, you're not alone, none of us are, that's the great news. I'm praying that your chemo comes with minimal side effects and that it kicks that cancers butt.
    Hugs,
    Kari
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Thinking of you Laurissa.
    Thinking of you Laurissa. Keep the faith "WE" can do this, you're not alone, none of us are, that's the great news. I'm praying that your chemo comes with minimal side effects and that it kicks that cancers butt.
    Hugs,
    Kari

Yes Kari, both you and
    Yes Kari, both you and Laurissa can do this! You've got all of the pink sisters cheering you on and praying for the two of you!

Good to see you posting Kari!

Sue :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    laurissa said:

First treatment done
    It didn't take very long. I have 2 meds, each lasts half an hour and no bad side effects yet. I did get a steriod and anti neaseau med too. Had a headache through the night. I think the steroids. Today I'm applying for disability and food stamps. Probably alot of red tape along the way. We'll be fincially strapped now, both of us unable to work for several months. My work has fmla. Thank you all for caring and prayers. I was hoping I had worms. ha ha

Laurissa
    Glad you have no side effects yet. These are hard times for a lot of people. My daughter applies for help. It will relieve a bit of stress about finances. And, while you're facing this battle, you don't need any more stress. Hang in there with your great attitude. We are here for support.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    jo jo said:

Laurissa big gentle cyber
    Laurissa big gentle cyber hugs to you...i just am at a loss for words...but you havent lost your sence of humor...worms...i love it! You take it easy and dont wear yourself out with all the goverment red tape bs. Keep us posted on how your doing! I miss seeing that beautiful face!

Praying that you get the
    Praying that you get the financial assistance that you need and that you can get it easily.

Please keep us informed as to how you are doing Laurissa.

Hugs, Megan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Ritzy said:

Yes Kari, both you and
    Yes Kari, both you and Laurissa can do this! You've got all of the pink sisters cheering you on and praying for the two of you!

Good to see you posting Kari!

Sue :)

Laurissa, Glad to hear the
    Laurissa, Glad to hear the 1st chemo wasn't that bad. I'm sorry I missed this post earlier. Please know that I will be praying and sending hugs.
    We sure do keep the Heavens busy with our prayers. We know there's no chance of them not being heard.
    Love,
    Wanda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Laurissa
    Glad you have no side effects yet. These are hard times for a lot of people. My daughter applies for help. It will relieve a bit of stress about finances. And, while you're facing this battle, you don't need any more stress. Hang in there with your great attitude. We are here for support.
    {{hugs}} Char

Congrats Laurissa on getting
    Congrats Laurissa on getting the 1st treatment done! When will you have your next one?

Praying for you like everyone else!

Hugs, Diane
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Hi Sweetie! I too have mets
    Hi Sweetie! I too have mets to liver, bones and lymphnodes. Today the decision was made to stop my zometa/faslodex ( after just one treatment)and go directly to chemo. I like how my oncologist said, it can take a few months to know how/if the meds I am on now are working~but we know chemo works! I said: "Let's do it!" Much as I hate the thought of chemo again, for some reason this decision made me feel empowered! I hope you feel the same way too. It looks as if I will be eligble for a clinical trial~ I haven't committed the name of it to memory yet, my oncologist and I just discussed this tody, and off I went for labs! Lets keep each other posted~ you have always been close to my ♥ and of course I wish all of us doing battle for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd times strength, courage and most of all HEALTH!

Hugs,
    Chen
  • DianeBC
    chenheart said:

Hi Sweetie! I too have mets to liver, bones and lymphnodes. Today the decision was made to stop my zometa/faslodex ( after just one treatment)and go directly to chemo. I like how my oncologist said, it can take a few months to know how/if the meds I am on now are working~but we know chemo works! I said: "Let's do it!" Much as I hate the thought of chemo again, for some reason this decision made me feel empowered! I hope you feel the same way too. It looks as if I will be eligble for a clinical trial~ I haven't committed the name of it to memory yet, my oncologist and I just discussed this tody, and off I went for labs! Lets keep each other posted~ you have always been close to my ♥ and of course I wish all of us doing battle for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd times strength, courage and most of all HEALTH!

Hugs,
    Chen

Laurissa, we all are praying
    Laurissa, we all are praying for you and hoping that your chemo will be the answer.

Please come back often to let us know how you are.

We love you and are supporting you!

Hugs, Diane
  • DianeBC
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen

Laurissa, we all are praying for you and hoping that your chemo will be the answer.

Hugs, Diane
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    DianeBC said:

Hugs, Diane

How are you feeling now
    How are you feeling now Laurissa? You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs, Jan