OT - Prayers for my granddaughter

mwallace1325
mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
This is totally OT and she is healthy, thank God. I've raised this wonderful young woman since she was 2, she's now 15. She's moving back with her mother, step-father and older sister -- after 13 years. She's asked to go and I understand the "mother-daughter" bond regardless of the mother (sorry) and my husband and I have agreed tht she go. I believe she has the strength to survive and thrive in the narcisistic environment she's going to (can't imagine a house full of people, each believing it's all about them). I know she has the moral compass to keep her headed where she needs to be. She has a chance there to work with rescued horses, one in particular, who has bonded with her, and working with horses is her dream. Our therapist has agreed. Also, as bright as she is, she'll have better financial opportunities with them as my husband is retired and I work for a non-profit.

Sorry this is so long winded, but what I'm asking for is prayer for her, so she's happy and thrives and is strong enough to overcome anything that's thrown in her way.

I know the strength of this group when we have a goal, so please can we add some prayers for her.

Thanks.

marge

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Saying prayers
    Ofcourse I will say a prayer that your granddaughter stay healthy, physically and mentally and that this move will be a good thing for her.

I understand that it is difficult for you and your husband to see her move. You've raised her for 13 years.

For her to be able to work with what she loves, will be a dream come true for her.

You take care Marge and know that I am here for you and praying for all of you.

Sue :)
  • mwallace1325
    Ritzy said:

Saying prayers
    Ofcourse I will say a prayer that your granddaughter stay healthy, physically and mentally and that this move will be a good thing for her.

I understand that it is difficult for you and your husband to see her move. You've raised her for 13 years.

For her to be able to work with what she loves, will be a dream come true for her.

You take care Marge and know that I am here for you and praying for all of you.

Thanks Sue
    Thanks Sue. That really means alot.

marge
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Thanks Sue

marge

Like you wrote Marge, you
    Like you wrote Marge, you raised a beautiful, wonderful granddaughter! And I just know that with your husband's and your guidance, she will be fine!

I think you need a hug, so, here is a big one for you!

((((((((((((((((((( Marge ))))))))))))))))))

Megan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Megan M said:

Like you wrote Marge, you
    Like you wrote Marge, you raised a beautiful, wonderful granddaughter! And I just know that with your husband's and your guidance, she will be fine!

I think you need a hug, so, here is a big one for you!

((((((((((((((((((( Marge ))))))))))))))))))

Megan

Marge,
    I understand more

Marge,
    I understand more than you know and I will pray hard for her to be okay and I'll pray for you and your husband too. I know how hard it will be to let her go. The good thing is that she's a well adjusted teenager now because of you so she will be fine, I'm sure.
    PM me if you need to.
    Love & Hugs,
    Wanda
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Marge,
    I understand more

Marge,
    I understand more than you know and I will pray hard for her to be okay and I'll pray for you and your husband too. I know how hard it will be to let her go. The good thing is that she's a well adjusted teenager now because of you so she will be fine, I'm sure.
    PM me if you need to.
    Love & Hugs,
    Wanda

Marge,
    Prayers for her and

Marge,
    Prayers for her and for you. This has to be tough on you but you are wise to let her go. Holding too tight is not the way to guide them. Sounds like you have done your job and she knows that you are still there for her.
    Stef
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    fauxma said:

Marge,
    Prayers for her and

Marge,
    Prayers for her and for you. This has to be tough on you but you are wise to let her go. Holding too tight is not the way to guide them. Sounds like you have done your job and she knows that you are still there for her.
    Stef

Sending prayers
    for your granddaughter, her "family" and for you and your husband. This has to be hard for you but you've done a good job and made the decision based on her request and best interests. I know she'll still spend time with you and keep in touch and remember everything you've taught her. Peace pink sister!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Thanks Sue

marge

You're so welcome Marge.
    You're so welcome Marge. It's obvious how much this is hurting you and how worried you are. Come here and talk to us when you feel the need. We are always here for you!

• mwallace1325
    Ritzy said:

You're so welcome Marge.
    You're so welcome Marge. It's obvious how much this is hurting you and how worried you are. Come here and talk to us when you feel the need. We are always here for you!

Thank you all
    Thank you all so much. Your compassion and kind words made me feel so much better, even through the tears. I knew this was the place to come for the strength I needed since you are all the strongest, bravest, most compassionate group I've ever know.

Thanks again. I'm sure there'll be a part two to this story as time for her to leave approaches.

marge
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    A Hug and A Prayer
    I can only imagine how hard this is for you. I took a year off work to babysit my granddaughter for her first year - I was crying like a little baby when I had to go back to work and leave her after only a year.

I'm sure you and your husband have done a wonderful job raising her and she will be a better young woman because of you. Her mother will never replace you in her heart and there will always be a special bond between the two of you.

Big hugs and lots of prayers for all of you!

Debi
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    fauxma said:

Marge,
    Prayers for her and

Marge,
    Stef

I'm sending prayers and good
    I'm sending prayers and good thoughts for your granddaughter Marge!

Hugs, Diane
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Marge
    it sounds like you have been such a blessing in her life instilling good morals. I pray that she, in turn is a blessing to her family now.

Lifting her in prayer,

Sylvia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Thank you all
    Thank you all so much. Your compassion and kind words made me feel so much better, even through the tears. I knew this was the place to come for the strength I needed since you are all the strongest, bravest, most compassionate group I've ever know.

Thanks again. I'm sure there'll be a part two to this story as time for her to leave approaches.

marge

I am glad we made you feel
    I am glad we made you feel better!

Hugs, Diane