Nice words.......

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
"It's impossible," said Pride, "It's risky," said the experience, "Nonsense," said the reason ... "Try" whispered the heart ....

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Problem
    There is never a problem, it is only a solution waiting to be discovered. (words spoken by my Uncle-In-Law as we tried to fit a motorcycle to big for a SportTrac short pick up bed)
    Winter Marie
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member

Problem
    There is never a problem, it is only a solution waiting to be discovered. (words spoken by my Uncle-In-Law as we tried to fit a motorcycle to big for a SportTrac short pick up bed)
    Winter Marie

At work
    I try to never use the word "problem", instead I substitute with the word "opportunity".

It does not make the problem go away, but it presents it as a challenge for solution, rather than as a roadblock or complaint.

Served me well, most of my supervisors saw me as solution oriented, even though I brought up lots of "opportunities". ;)
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Buckwirth said:

At work
    I try to never use the word "problem", instead I substitute with the word "opportunity".

It does not make the problem go away, but it presents it as a challenge for solution, rather than as a roadblock or complaint.

Served me well, most of my supervisors saw me as solution oriented, even though I brought up lots of "opportunities". ;)

Well,
    Don't I feel about stupid. Sorry for using the word "problem". I thought at the time (which was today) that my uncle in law was terribly clever. Now I see I was wrong. Alas, will I ever learn to keep my mouth shut?
    Winter Marie
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member

Well,
    Don't I feel about stupid. Sorry for using the word "problem". I thought at the time (which was today) that my uncle in law was terribly clever. Now I see I was wrong. Alas, will I ever learn to keep my mouth shut?
    Winter Marie

Your comments were great
    I was just trying to add to them.

Love ya Marie!

Blake
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Buckwirth said:

Your comments were great
    I was just trying to add to them.

Love ya Marie!

Blake

We are so phylosophical
    We are so phylosophical today I love it. No Marie do not keep mouth closed, speak your mind as often as you like, we all have our favorite sayings we learned from our elders.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Buckwirth said:

At work

Blake
    Somehow, "Houston, we have an opportunity" doesn't sound as dramatic for the Apollo 13 mission.
    ;-)

Words...I love the George Carlin bit on words. The "Seven you Can't Say on TV" and just how he played with words in general. So much is how you approach it like you say. Same goes for "should have" and "could have". They seem close but are miles apart.
    -phil
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    ....and 'hope'.....
    says the soul!

Thank you, my firey Spaniard!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(Still in Berlin...visited the Berlin Wall memorial....there is the perfect example of the impossible becoming reality!!!!)