chemo starts immediately

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
Sorry to report my cancer has returned to liver, bone and lymph nodes. Aggressively has returned and will be treated aggressively. Will be onGemzar and Carboplatin. I go in 1 hour for first treatment. Will keep you posted. Don't mean to scare anyone. This just came on a few weeks ago. Pray and hope is all I can do.

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    OMG Laurissa you have my
    OMG Laurissa you have my prayers. I'm so sorry this happened. Focus on YOUR health and please take care and keep us posted. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    NO!
    Oh no Laurissa. You aren't scaring us Laurissa. We need to know so that we can support and pray for you.

I will be praying for you!

Hugs, Kylez
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Do not ever be sorry to
    Do not ever be sorry to report as everyone here understands! And we do need to gather round you with prayers and support. You are in my prayers and please keep me posted.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Not scared
    Not scared, we just need to send the prayers and angels a little more quickly, and we have. Aggressive treatment means great results - that's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

Hope treatment goes well, no side effects.

Prayers and angels surrounding you.

marge
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Not scared
    Not scared, we just need to send the prayers and angels a little more quickly, and we have. Aggressive treatment means great results - that's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

marge

We're surrounding you!
    We're surrounding you Laurissa with love, support and hope!

And like the others wrote, don't be afraid to tell us anything. You don't scare us, not at all.

Praying,

Lex
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Not scared

marge

Sorry
    I double posted
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Praying for you Laurissa
    Sending good thoughts your way. So sorry you have to go through this fight again. Praying that the docs will find a way to put you back into remission. Barbara
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Alexis F said:

Sorry
    I double posted

Laurissa,
    So sorry to hear

Laurissa,
    So sorry to hear your news. Glad your dr is on top of this and is treating aggressively. You're strong and courageous and have the right attitude about getting on with this. Please know you are loved by everyone here and are in our thoughts and prayers.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    NJMom10 said:

Praying for you Laurissa
    Sending good thoughts your way. So sorry you have to go through this fight again. Praying that the docs will find a way to put you back into remission. Barbara

You...
    Have my prayers...I understand....
    Hugs,
    Nancy
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    It is back
    Oh Laurissa, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am that you have to go through this again. It seems like once is more than enough. Don't worry about scaring any of us. We are one bunch of tough women. We will hope and pray right along with you.

IRENE
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Terrible news!
    So so sorry. We are here for you and will be thinking of you and supporting you all the way. I hope the chemo works and works fast! Be strong and hang in there.

Clementine
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281

Terrible news!
    So so sorry. We are here for you and will be thinking of you and supporting you all the way. I hope the chemo works and works fast! Be strong and hang in there.

Clementine

Laurissa - dear one I am so
    Laurissa - dear one I am so sorry to hear your news, but don't hold
    back from letting us know what is going on with you. We will know better
    how to pray for and with you. We will bathe you in love, support and prayers.

Teresa
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Thank you
    for letting us know what you're going through. It is an honor to be able to give you encouragement, hope, prayers and hugs for a successful go-round again! Please know that you have many pink sisters (and a few brothers) holding your hand and cheering you on.
    (((HUGS)))

-rainbow4
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Terrible news!

Clementine

I am so sorry to hear this news -- I hate cancer!!
    Laurissa -- You are strong and fierce .. be kind to yourself while going thru this aggressive chemo treatment. Hang tough, hang strong. We are here praying, supporting and sending positive vibes to you thru this next step of your journey.

Happy to hear that your Oncologist is treating this very aggressively.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    oh my
    Laurissa, I am so sorry to hear this news. Glad you're drs. are not wasting any time in getting you back into treatment. Sending great big cyber hugs your way.
    Cindy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    rainbow4 said:

Thank you
    for letting us know what you're going through. It is an honor to be able to give you encouragement, hope, prayers and hugs for a successful go-round again! Please know that you have many pink sisters (and a few brothers) holding your hand and cheering you on.
    (((HUGS)))

-rainbow4

Laurissa,
    So sorry to hear

Laurissa,
    So sorry to hear this but good that they are being so aggressive. It saddens me that so many right now are facing recurrences/mets etc. We are all here to support each other and will that can be comforting the fact is that this sucks so much. My prayers are with you and the many others that are facing a return battle. I have a candle lit for all of you.
    Damn this stupid cancer.
    Stef
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Sunrae said:

Laurissa,
    So sorry to hear

Laurissa,
    So sorry to hear your news. Glad your dr is on top of this and is treating aggressively. You're strong and courageous and have the right attitude about getting on with this. Please know you are loved by everyone here and are in our thoughts and prayers.

Laurissa
    my heart is aching for you right now. I had so hoped, so prayed that your PET scan would show good news.

I am glad to know that your doctors are being very aggressive in the treatment for you and I am praying that it will do its job and rid you of the beast!

I can't begin to understand what you are going thru. Please do keep posting to update us as to how you are feeling, mentally and physically.

I truly hate cancer! There has to be a cure for this!!!!!

I am stealing a quote from Sue Relays... "You never realize how strong you are until being strong is your only choice." You keep fighting!

Sue :(
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Am saddened & so sorry...
    Yet, I know - for sure! - it's possible to get your cancer "back in check"... Which is what I'll certainly HOPE & pray for, laurissa.

Kind regards, Susan
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    So sorry to hear this....but
    So sorry to hear this....but glad you and your doctor have decided to treat this return aggressively. You have my prayers and Im sending you cyber hugs!!!!!!!!
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    cavediver said:

So sorry to hear this....but
    So sorry to hear this....but glad you and your doctor have decided to treat this return aggressively. You have my prayers and Im sending you cyber hugs!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping us up to date
    It's crappy that you have this new challenge but you're a fighter and we're all here for you. You'd think that all the pink around would scare the cancer away wouldn't you? Wish that it were so. Sending prayers for sucessful treatment! And {{{{{Hugs}}}}} for strength and peace.