second treatment

Pam5
Pam5 Member Posts: 232
Hi Everybody,

Tuesday I go into my second chemo treatment and I'm hoping it won'r be any worse than the first, which was bad enough. I will be taking you advice and chewing ice through the whole thing, as well as eating snacks. I got myself in trouble with antihistamines this past time and triggered my asthma something terrible. I won't do that again. I'll have to figure something else out. I have my scarves and bid on some hats on ebay so that should be fun. My daughter is going to chemo with me as support since it takes so long.

Hope you all are doing well. Pinkpalette, I think you go into your second treatment this week also. What day? I'll be thinking of you.

Take care,All

Pam

Comments

• butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Pam,
    Not to sugar coat anything, but for me with each infusion brought rougher challenges. But remember... tell your oncologist everything and he/she can help you with side effects. With having the first one under your belt already, you know pretty much how your body is responding. Your good days shouldn't vary much through the remainder of your treatments. I know when my nose and eyes started watering excessively my oncologist let me take Zertec. But again we are all different and please check with your doctor to see what they recommend.

I'll be cheering you on tomorrow Pam..
    Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pam .. We will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow,
    as you receive your 2nd chemo infusion. Please make sure you get in with your Oncologist and explain the issues with antihistamines and asthma -- scary.. Please get his/her opinion and options.

Pam -- prayers and positive thoughts coming your way .. from a Sister in PINK that has walk this path, suffered from multiple side efforts - but crossed that finish line Victorious .. okay, I crawled to the finish line .. but, I got to that finish line.

Gentle hugs, Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    VickiSam said:

Pam .. We will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow,
    as you receive your 2nd chemo infusion. Please make sure you get in with your Oncologist and explain the issues with antihistamines and asthma -- scary.. Please get his/her opinion and options.

Pam -- prayers and positive thoughts coming your way .. from a Sister in PINK that has walk this path, suffered from multiple side efforts - but crossed that finish line Victorious .. okay, I crawled to the finish line .. but, I got to that finish line.

Gentle hugs, Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Praying for everyone having treatment this week
    It is a real roller coaster ride but it's worth it in the long run. Just remember to fight like a girl! And know that your pink sisters are behind you all the way.
  • fighting4five
    fighting4five Member Posts: 71
    Hi Pam....Good luck on
    Hi Pam....Good luck on Tuesday.I will also have my second treatment Tuesday.This week It will be just the pre-meds and Taxol. I get Herceptin every 3 weeks Taxol weekly.So far so good.
    I am sorry to hear that yor first treatment did not go well. What drugs are you getting?
    I will keep you in my prayers.

Mary
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Pam,
    Not to sugar coat anything, but for me with each infusion brought rougher challenges. But remember... tell your oncologist everything and he/she can help you with side effects. With having the first one under your belt already, you know pretty much how your body is responding. Your good days shouldn't vary much through the remainder of your treatments. I know when my nose and eyes started watering excessively my oncologist let me take Zertec. But again we are all different and please check with your doctor to see what they recommend.

I'll be cheering you on tomorrow Pam..
    Hugs,
    Lorrie

Good luck tomorrow
    Good luck tomorrow Pam!

Hugs, Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I hope things go better
    I did not have chemo...but wanted to wish you well

Denise
  • Pam5

I hope things go better

Denise

Hi Everybody,
    Thank you all

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all for your support. I will be seeing my doc before they hook me up and will tell him everything. I know this stuff is cumulative but now that I know some tricks, maybe I can ward off some of the side effects. We'll see.

Hugs and prayers to you going in tomorrow too.

Take care,
    Pam
  • Pam5

I hope things go better

Denise

Hi Everybody,
    Thank you all

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all for your support. I will be seeing my doc before they hook me up and will tell him everything. I know this stuff is cumulative but now that I know some tricks, maybe I can ward off some of the side effects. We'll see.

Take care,
    Pam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Hi Pam....Good luck on
    Hi Pam....Good luck on Tuesday.I will also have my second treatment Tuesday.This week It will be just the pre-meds and Taxol. I get Herceptin every 3 weeks Taxol weekly.So far so good.
    I am sorry to hear that yor first treatment did not go well. What drugs are you getting?
    I will keep you in my prayers.

Mary

Good luck with your 2nd
    Good luck with your 2nd treatment tomorrow and good luck to you also Mary!

Sue :)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Pam5 said:

Hi Everybody,
    Thank you all

Hi Everybody,

Take care,
    Pam

Pam wishing you an
    Pam wishing you an uneventful Tuesday as you go in for your 2nd infusion. The fear of the unknown has been conquered because you've already experienced your first chemo. As so many others on these boards have said, this is no walk in the park but it is definitely doable.Take your pink power with you today. Hugs
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    natly15 said:

Pam wishing you an
    Pam wishing you an uneventful Tuesday as you go in for your 2nd infusion. The fear of the unknown has been conquered because you've already experienced your first chemo. As so many others on these boards have said, this is no walk in the park but it is definitely doable.Take your pink power with you today. Hugs

Holding your hand today Pam
    Holding your hand today Pam as you sit in that chemo chair. Hear us ???

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I hope things go better

Denise

Hoping your treatment goes
    Hoping your treatment goes well for you and you have no side effects!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    jnl said:

Hoping your treatment goes
    Hoping your treatment goes well for you and you have no side effects!

Hugs, Leeza

Hi Pam...
    Hope your treatment today was uneventful. Let us know how you're doing.

Wishing YOU a Restful evening!!!

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • Pam5
    Mitzi333 said:

Hi Pam...
    Hope your treatment today was uneventful. Let us know how you're doing.

Wishing YOU a Restful evening!!!

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)

second reatment
    Hi ladies,

I felt your hugs, good wishes, prayers, and yes - I herad you too. It was all wonderful.
    Chemo was uneventful. My daughter went with me and we talked and talked. They shot me up with a bunch of pre-meds and the Benedryl made me very loopy. I'm wired tonight but don't feel bad. I go in for a shot of Nulasta tomorrow to help with my white count. The doc thinks he may use prednasone as an anti-inflamatory after my next treatment for 5 or 6 days instead of one. I will still be on it after this treatment because of the asthma. Friday will be the test - that's when I started going down hill last time. Maybe it will be better this time with all the tricks I've learned from you guys, and the steroids. We'll see. In the meantime, I feel good tonight and I will take advantage of that and enjoy it.
    I hope you all are well. Thank you so much for responding to me.

Take care,
    Pam
  • fighting4five
    fighting4five Member Posts: 71
    Pam5 said:

second reatment
    Hi ladies,

I felt your hugs, good wishes, prayers, and yes - I herad you too. It was all wonderful.
    Chemo was uneventful. My daughter went with me and we talked and talked. They shot me up with a bunch of pre-meds and the Benedryl made me very loopy. I'm wired tonight but don't feel bad. I go in for a shot of Nulasta tomorrow to help with my white count. The doc thinks he may use prednasone as an anti-inflamatory after my next treatment for 5 or 6 days instead of one. I will still be on it after this treatment because of the asthma. Friday will be the test - that's when I started going down hill last time. Maybe it will be better this time with all the tricks I've learned from you guys, and the steroids. We'll see. In the meantime, I feel good tonight and I will take advantage of that and enjoy it.
    I hope you all are well. Thank you so much for responding to me.

Take care,
    Pam

Hi Pam...I am so glad that
    Hi Pam...I am so glad that today went well for you.I hope that you continue to do good. Do you have weekly treatment or every 3 weeks?
    My chemo today went very well also.Other than my mouth being dry not matter how much water I drink Im doing good.
    Keeping you in my prayers
    Mary
  • Pam5

Hi Pam...I am so glad that today went well for you.I hope that you continue to do good. Do you have weekly treatment or every 3 weeks?
    My chemo today went very well also.Other than my mouth being dry not matter how much water I drink Im doing good.
    Mary

I was thinking about you
    I was thinking about you today, Mary. I'm glad your treatment went well too. Please know you are in my prayers and I truly believe that energy of prayers carries us all.

Take care, sweet dreams,
    Pam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Mary

Pam, you and Mary are both
    Pam, you and Mary are both in prayers to get thru your chemo with little or no side effects. You are both so brave!

Sue :)