Doc says malignant

2»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Jennifer
    You must have came in while I was on Vacation, sorry to hear the news but remember we are all here to help and pray with you anytime you need.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your stories and journeys. I really appreciate all of the information. I know there is stuff being said for caregivers and such. I am 36 and my husband is 22. Hes downright terrified but sticking in there. I have 4 children, One already gone and 3 younger ones. I have no other support here in the town im in aside from my husband, whos shaking in his boots. Would it be recommended by you all to relocate where we have more help and support or is the 1 caregiver enough? His family is really pushing for us to move to Arkansas to be near them, so they can help with the kids, and be there if Nick gets overwhelmed. Am I really going to be that much of a burden that my husband wont be able to handle it all?

"Am I really going to be that much of a burden that my husband
    "Am I really going to be that much of a burden that my husband wont be able to handle it all?"

None of us can really say if this will happen. We have no way of knowing your husband, or if he is capable of stepping up and being able to handle the challenges and stress that your cancer and treatment will create. That doesn't mean he's not a great guy or a good person. Some people just don't have the coping skills necessary to deal with these things. Maybe getting him some support would be benificial as well.

Visiting this website, and getting information and feedback from those who are in the know, using the resources like the American Cancer Society, SPOHNC, allowing friends, neighbors?, church folks? Clergy person (or rabbi, etc) and family to help you, will make things a lot easier for both of you, if you avail yourselves of this sort of help. I will tell you, that even if you go through treatment easier than some of us have, it will still be very hard.

Instead of moving and relocating all of you to Arkansas is there anyway a couple of people from there can come and sound some time with you where you live, like a couple/three weeks into treatment or when your side effects start to peak. Depending on what your treatment will be.