Hello

Hope4Marge
Hope4Marge Member Posts: 74
I failed to introduce myself...new to the site and discussion boards...I'm the daughter of a wonderful mom who is fighting stage four lung cancer that has spread to adrenal gland. Just looking for info and support. God bless all of you fighting this disease and those caring for them.

Comments

• soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    hi
    welcome, marge's daughter! you will find this to be a collection of some of the most wonderful people you will ever have the pleasure to encounter. They are typically knowledgeable, pleasant, and both empathetic and sympathetic.

I wish your mom and her family the very best during this challenge and am hopeful that you will both realize through your interaction here that there is always hope.

Take care,

Joe
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Welcome...
    I'd also like to welcome you to the discussion boards. We are all here to support you and your mom in any way we can.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66 Member
    hope
    Welcome to the club that no one really wants to join..even though I don't post very often I have found this to be a wonderful site of very supportive kind people who have a wealth of knowledge to share....can see you are a wondeful daughter and take care of yourself as well!
  • Hope4Marge

hi
    welcome, marge's daughter! you will find this to be a collection of some of the most wonderful people you will ever have the pleasure to encounter. They are typically knowledgeable, pleasant, and both empathetic and sympathetic.

I wish your mom and her family the very best during this challenge and am hopeful that you will both realize through your interaction here that there is always hope.

Take care,

Joe

Thank you!
    I have already found comfort in the posts I have received. Bless all who come here for support.
  • Hope4Marge
    Glenna M said:

Welcome...
    I'd also like to welcome you to the discussion boards. We are all here to support you and your mom in any way we can.

Stay strong,
    Glenna

:)
    Thank you! And what a cute photo, Glenna! I have found the smiles of children can make anyone feel good.
  • Hope4Marge
    sissylu1 said:

hope
    Welcome to the club that no one really wants to join..even though I don't post very often I have found this to be a wonderful site of very supportive kind people who have a wealth of knowledge to share....can see you are a wondeful daughter and take care of yourself as well!

Hi Sissylu
    Well put, Sissylu. Not a club I ever thought I'd join, but thankful I'm not in it alone.
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

Hi Sissylu
    Well put, Sissylu. Not a club I ever thought I'd join, but thankful I'm not in it alone.

Unfortunately, I also would
    Unfortunately, I also would like to welcome you. Funny thing about this site. It makes you sad that there is another member. But glad you came here.

c
  • sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
    welcome aboard
    Hello~ I never thought I would be a part of this club, but I came across it accedently and so very HAPPY I am a part of it! I have only been here since January and I feel like there family already. Sorry your here, but glad you found us :)
    God Bless
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576

:)
    Thank you! And what a cute photo, Glenna! I have found the smiles of children can make anyone feel good.

Thank you!!
    The picture is of my beautiful 19 month old great grandson, Maven. He is my world!!! I have so many pictures of him and he is ALWAYS smiling. Whenever I am down I look though all of his pictures and it brightens my mood.
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Welcome..
    Sorry to hear about your mother but glad she has a wonderful daughter as her advocate. This is a truly helpful board and there are so many wonderful people on it. It sure has helped me tremendously on this journey. Stay strong! Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Cheryl
  • tsima
    tsima Member Posts: 3
    Hello
    I new to this kind of thing too but here goes. I am the daughter of a great mom that has always been there for me and now she is battling terminal lung cancer with a prognosis of 3-4 mos. She was diagnosed last July and has taken chemo and radiation but now it has spread to her liver. She has stopped chemo and has decided that she wants quality of life right now and not to be so sick so she can enjoy her family and friends. I wish you and mom the best in this fight and I am so glad to find this community of people who can relate to what I am going through. I live in another state 8.5 hrs from my mom so it is really hard some days.
  • Hope4Marge

welcome aboard
    Hello~ I never thought I would be a part of this club, but I came across it accedently and so very HAPPY I am a part of it! I have only been here since January and I feel like there family already. Sorry your here, but glad you found us :)
    God Bless

Thank you!! :)

Thank you!! :)
  • Hope4Marge
    tsima said:

Hello
    I new to this kind of thing too but here goes. I am the daughter of a great mom that has always been there for me and now she is battling terminal lung cancer with a prognosis of 3-4 mos. She was diagnosed last July and has taken chemo and radiation but now it has spread to her liver. She has stopped chemo and has decided that she wants quality of life right now and not to be so sick so she can enjoy her family and friends. I wish you and mom the best in this fight and I am so glad to find this community of people who can relate to what I am going through. I live in another state 8.5 hrs from my mom so it is really hard some days.

I am glad to have met you
    I am glad to have met you and know that I am new to this too and have already found it very helpful.
  • Hope4Marge

Welcome..
    Sorry to hear about your mother but glad she has a wonderful daughter as her advocate. This is a truly helpful board and there are so many wonderful people on it. It sure has helped me tremendously on this journey. Stay strong! Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Cheryl

thank you, Cheryl!

thank you, Cheryl!