anyone had luck with AVASTIN??

3Mana
3Mana Member Posts: 811
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck being on Avastin. My hubby had fatal effects from it, so just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced side effects.

Comments

• stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Looking at search results
    And seeing it's a mixed bag - some people were helped, others not. I'm really sorry and horrified about what happened to your husband. Hopefully there are some here who did NOT have bad effects and can ease your mind on that score.
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member

Looking at search results
    And seeing it's a mixed bag - some people were helped, others not. I'm really sorry and horrified about what happened to your husband. Hopefully there are some here who did NOT have bad effects and can ease your mind on that score.

extreme reduction
    My wife was on Avastin along with Cetuximab, taxol and carboplatin. Her tumor volume was reduced by about 85% and her bone metastis disappeared. Other than higher blood pressure, and an occasional bloody nose from the Avastin she had no other negative side effect. I am convinced that it was the multiple drugs that caused such a great response.

My mom also took Avastin for breast cancer, while it did not work for her, she and the doctor were not optimistic that it would, it was a last ditch attempt.

It is very difficult to see someone (much less a spouse) have a bad reaction. For us, it is a risk we are willing to take.