Heroes

I generally lurk here but do occasionally post. I would like to state for the record that the heroes on this planet are not the ones that score the touchdowns or hit the grand slam home runs. The heroes, my recently discovered ones, are everyone on this site that takes the time to help us by answering our questions and concerns and offering up tips on how to tackle this awful disease. Sweetblood, Hondo, et. al, I have a great and deep appreciation not only for what you've been through but for what you continue to do for the rest of us out here.

I'd love to take the folks on this site at this very time and then have a reunion in ten years where we are able to eat whatever we want and how we want it. It would just be the icing on the cake to see everyone enjoying food again. I know, though, that right now what is important is that we are here, alive, and hopefully all on the mend.

Just my two cents worth. Thank you all.

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    KDDavis <3 TY</b>
    Mother Theresa was always my hero. Such a selfless and wise woman.

Every person on this site collectively makes it a tremendous asset. Were one of us lacks, another is knowledgable. I am thankful for everyone here as well. :)
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196

KDDavis <3 TY</b>
    Mother Theresa was always my hero. Such a selfless and wise woman.

Every person on this site collectively makes it a tremendous asset. Were one of us lacks, another is knowledgable. I am thankful for everyone here as well. :)

Jumping on the Fan Bandwagon
    So many people here have helped me along the way. Some by answering questions, some by asking questions, and some by just being here, sending wishes, hopes and/or prayers. Glad to be surrounded by such good company.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Hey....
    What about me, LOL.....

Teasing, there are a lot of awesome people on this board....a few are very special to me also, my Abi-Normal Clan....

Thoughts and Prayers to all....

Best,
    John
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    HEROES
    Not sure if you call them heroes, or just great human beings. I too have garnered much support, and hope on the occasions when I make a post can help or lend some comfort to another.

CSN is my new sudo family as I can read and say things here that my family may not be able to relate to.

Everyone here is awesome.

Mike
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103 Member
    Like button
    I'm pressing the like button for this one.
  • palmyrafan
    palmyrafan Member Posts: 396
    Heroes
    I agree that the people on here are heroes. Many of us have already been through the trenches and have come out the other side, albeit a bit tarnished, but still intact.

I learn from the long-timers on this board and the newbies as well. Thanks to all who take the time, no matter how you are feeling, to answer questions or to ask the ones the rest of us haven't thought of.

Peace.

Teresa
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    family
    We are a family, plus we don't fight, we are not critical of each other, we do discriminate at all, what we do is help, support and down right care for each.

Cancer Sucks! But all here make it easier for others

Bless you all

John

We all love NED!
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    fisrpotpe said:

family
    We are a family, plus we don't fight, we are not critical of each other, we do discriminate at all, what we do is help, support and down right care for each.

Cancer Sucks! But all here make it easier for others

Bless you all

John

We all love NED!

thank you all
    I'm a fairly new member, but I have learned so much from all of you -- especially by going back and reading some of the older posts...I've almost always found the answers I was looking for. I am most appreciative of you longer term survivors who keep posting and giving the rest of us hope. It takes a special kind of person who is willing to go back and revisit one of the most difficult times of their lives. Hopefully one day I will be able to give hope to a newbie.
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Ingrid K said:

thank you all
    I'm a fairly new member, but I have learned so much from all of you -- especially by going back and reading some of the older posts...I've almost always found the answers I was looking for. I am most appreciative of you longer term survivors who keep posting and giving the rest of us hope. It takes a special kind of person who is willing to go back and revisit one of the most difficult times of their lives. Hopefully one day I will be able to give hope to a newbie.

I picture
    all of us around a table comfortably conversing about all things head and neck cancer related. It's the 5-10-15 year veterans as well as the newbies and those in between who make everything possible as it now becomes a great community of hope and information. There is so much to learn here. I am intrigued by how fast the treatment options have changed in just the last two years since my own diagnosis and equally inspired how someone has dealt with continuing side effects for 15 years plus. The young moms with children are my heros. Truly a positive aspect of our modern world to have such an experience.