Lemon (Citrus) - a miraculous product to kill cancer cells

Comments

• kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member

Lemoncello?
    Kidding . . . but I do love it.
    Suzanne

GREAT idea!
    I never thought of the possible health benefits of Lemoncello, I just know I like it! Will need to give this more consideration!

Karen
  • Rewriter
    Rewriter Member Posts: 493 Member
    laura25 said:

Hey Jill! Or should I say
    Hey Jill! Or should I say fellow NY'er! I am on LI, and so is my Dr. I did go to Sloan for a second opinion but they said they would do the same treatment plan as the dr I am seeing. Also they couldnt fit me into surgery for 6 weeks... I have full trust in my doctor and wanted to begin treatment asap. The sooner I start it, the sooner I can get back to "normal". I am in Suffolk county now but grew up in Nassau the Bellmore Merrick area.
    Laura

Neighbor
    Hey, Laura! I grew up in Woodmere, no longer have family there, but often visit friends in Northport and Bayport. It's nice to be able to envision a "sister" in an area that I know well.

We will be here to support as you begin to make the changes in your life you talked about, so check in here often.

Jill
  • Rewriter
    Rewriter Member Posts: 493 Member
    kkstef said:

GREAT idea!
    I never thought of the possible health benefits of Lemoncello, I just know I like it! Will need to give this more consideration!

Karen

Lemoncello
    Doesn't Lemoncello contain sugar? I may be wrong; but if it does, wouldn't that negate its health benefits?
  • kkstef
    Rewriter said:

Lemoncello
    Doesn't Lemoncello contain sugar? I may be wrong; but if it does, wouldn't that negate its health benefits?

You are right!
    Jill...you are sooo right...between the sugar and the alcohol it is probably not a good choice! But I do remember having some some years ago when we visited Italy and found it quite yummy! Guess I won't rush out and get any!

Karen
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Rewriter said:

Lemoncello

whats the alcohol content in
    whats the alcohol content in lemoncello? Friends of ours give it as an after dinner drink (or shot).
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    laura25 said:

Hi Jan, I first had a
    Hi Jan, I first had a partial and thats when they found the cancer... my first dr did a biopsy b4 the partial and the lab said it was clean. But when he removed the uterus at the hospital, thats when they found cancer. So I had to go back in for the full with my onco gyn.... Everything else was completely clean, except for 1 pelivc lymph node.
    I am finishing up my 8th carbo/taxol treatment today. My dr said the standard is 6 but also said since my body can take it he wants to do an additional 2.
    Its so good to hear its been almost 2 years!!! That is sooo awesome! I can't wait to return to my "normal" life now... Its going to be hard to reduce the worry, but I'm hoping with time it will happen only before the scans. In the future I pray this will just be a bump in the road as I watch my daughter grow up.

Much Love to everyone on this forum!
    Laura

Laura
    So happy you're about at end of chemo....life does get better. Yes after I posted to your earlier question, did read about the full hysterectomy later...dah! sorry.

My question to you, you're not having radiation? If not, what is your docs thinking...curious?? I've heard both sides, as seems to depend on doc.

No one gave us a book on how our lives would roll out, therefore, we must learn to roll with the punches. I've decided that this cancer was a wake up call and allowed me to get my body in order...so look out world here I come back ready to fight this full tilt!!

My daughter is off to college next month, and anxious to have time with my hubbie to travel...looking so forward to it!!

Best to you,
    Jan
  • laura25
    laura25 Member Posts: 180 Member
    jazzy1 said:

Laura
    So happy you're about at end of chemo....life does get better. Yes after I posted to your earlier question, did read about the full hysterectomy later...dah! sorry.

My question to you, you're not having radiation? If not, what is your docs thinking...curious?? I've heard both sides, as seems to depend on doc.

No one gave us a book on how our lives would roll out, therefore, we must learn to roll with the punches. I've decided that this cancer was a wake up call and allowed me to get my body in order...so look out world here I come back ready to fight this full tilt!!

My daughter is off to college next month, and anxious to have time with my hubbie to travel...looking so forward to it!!

Best to you,
    Jan

Radiation
    His belief is the extra chemo would be more beneficial than the radiation. Given my age he felt the long term effects from radiation would not help me. I have spoken others on this board and there are mixed reviews. I go for my next scan the week of 8/1 and meet the with dr to discuss what we do from here.
    I hate that we have to make life and death decisions when we so emotionally drained.
  • jazzy1
    laura25 said:

Radiation
    His belief is the extra chemo would be more beneficial than the radiation. Given my age he felt the long term effects from radiation would not help me. I have spoken others on this board and there are mixed reviews. I go for my next scan the week of 8/1 and meet the with dr to discuss what we do from here.
    I hate that we have to make life and death decisions when we so emotionally drained.

Laura
    I can understand about side affects from radiation...always felt rad was worse then the chemo drugs. I have some sciatica pain and just not as flexible in the pelvic area. Now my age is older then you, at least according to your profile....I'm 54 yrs. But...the good health I had prior to cancer diagnosis I'm sure was of help, and I have no other health issues...cross my fingers & toes it continues.

Good luck with your upcoming scan, let me know how it goes. You had carbo/taxol?

Jan
  • laura25
    laura25 Member Posts: 180 Member
    jazzy1 said:

Laura
    I can understand about side affects from radiation...always felt rad was worse then the chemo drugs. I have some sciatica pain and just not as flexible in the pelvic area. Now my age is older then you, at least according to your profile....I'm 54 yrs. But...the good health I had prior to cancer diagnosis I'm sure was of help, and I have no other health issues...cross my fingers & toes it continues.

Good luck with your upcoming scan, let me know how it goes. You had carbo/taxol?

Jan

Yes
    Yes, I had carbo/taxol... I handled it really well... all 8 of them. The nurses said my blood work always came back great and they were giving me the most intense dosage they possibly could. (given my height/weight). I sit down with my hematologist next month to review the scans and to talk about my next step. I will discuss the radiation again along with other questions I have.
    Thanks for your well wishes, I will let you know how it goes. I just can't wait to get my eyebrows/eyelashes back and to get to the gym to work out like a lunatic... I've been away from my love of running for way to long!
  • jazzy1
    laura25 said:

Yes
    Yes, I had carbo/taxol... I handled it really well... all 8 of them. The nurses said my blood work always came back great and they were giving me the most intense dosage they possibly could. (given my height/weight). I sit down with my hematologist next month to review the scans and to talk about my next step. I will discuss the radiation again along with other questions I have.
    Thanks for your well wishes, I will let you know how it goes. I just can't wait to get my eyebrows/eyelashes back and to get to the gym to work out like a lunatic... I've been away from my love of running for way to long!

Laura
    Oh my, we're sounding more and more alike. I was a huge runner before my treatments, even continued some running during them, but ended up doing more walking and gym equipment. As mentioned the side affects from my radiation was my sciatica and pelvic area drying up. I've got pain in this area mainly when get up and before bed at nite. I've learned to not run and don't do any pounding type exercise. I envy you to be able to run, but at least I'm here telling my story, so no complaints

What type of followup appts will you have? Can they rely on the CA125...mine they can as it showed improvement during chemo's and stayed at same range since last treatment July '09.

Good luck on appt....
    Jan
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member

Jill, re green tea, the anti c book has a chart
    I do remember that there were great differences in effectiveness in the type of tea and the time of brewing. I have no idea about the ice. Never thought of it.

Also, since the radiation disaster in Japan, I've been a bit leary of getting foods from Japan. I have no idea how long the radiation woould remain in food stuffs or if it would be surface onlly or within the plants cells themselves.

Ah???? anybody know????

It's not the anti cancer book that has the chart
    It's the foods to fight cancer book that has the chart. They suggest a 10 minut minimum steeping time, I have also heard 30 minutes if you really want to reap benefits, and that the Japanese teas are higher in egcg content overall.
  • Bluebird Bush
    Bluebird Bush Member Posts: 28

Lemons are just a citrus,how could they effect cancer
    True enough. Guess it could sound pretty silly to think that the lumin whatever it is that they get from the citrus peel and the stuff they get out of pectin could be a boost to your body to fight the big C or other diseases. Does sound kind of silly doesn't it.

So let's see. You all are taking Taxol to fight your cancer, well mostly all. That comes from what again??? the yew tree. It's a plant alkaloid. When I learned Taxol came from the yew tree, I had a very positive response. I thought wow, that's really interesting.

from web
    What is Taxol? Taxol is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. Taxol is classified as a "plant alkaloid," a "taxane" and an "antimicrotubule agent." (For more detail, see "How Taxol Works" section below).

I don't really get the whole problem. So many medicines are derived from plants and are just accepted. Why not just look at things offered as something to think about. Especially in light of the fact that this particular cancer is exceedingly hard to defeat. And none of us knows what will really work. Why not allow people extra hope?

Hope and feeling that you are doing all you can to defeat your cancer are vitally important in your recovery, why all the race to defeat hope???

Friends help you heal. women who join discussion groups, usually in person where they can talk about their fears etc do better than women who don't. There is no clinical trial for it.

God, no clinical trial for that either. Hope and faith.

All those things that really help your body heal, there is no clinical trial for because you can't patten them. You can't bottle them and make a drug, which is what it was agreed was all the FDA would allow doctors to prescribe. They are just things that help you feel better, and stronger and to heal.

Things that will most likely help and certainly not hurt, I'm not going to into the whys and wherefores. you can think they'll help you or not:

hope
    Sleeping in as dark a room as you can
    deep breathing
    exercise
    water without chlorine
    a heavily alkaline leaning diet
    keeping an open mind
    friendship
    low salt diet
    low protein diet
    laughter
    organic concord grapes before anything else in the morning
    doing those things you love even though you have cancer and are sad some of the time
    tolerance
    good deeds
    green tea with lemon
    the entire organic lemon demolished in your food processor
    ginger
    turmeric/pepper/olive oil
    trying to stay away from really acidic foods and drinks-soda, beer, wine, coffee, beef there are charts on line for this info
    yoga,and similar past times
    guided imagery-imagine yourself well
    meditation
    avoiding stress like you would avoid the plague. A body that is under stress puts nearly all its energy to defending from that stress and forgets about the bigger threat of cancer
    an open mind, open to what abouts,and what ifs

It is very possible if there had not been something patentable that could be derived from the yew tree and approved by the FDA that it would not currently be treatment for cancer. And what if the poor soul who first thought of using bark from a yew tree had gotten shot down as that being a poor idea indeed.
    Taxol does work for some cancers.

A current note on taxol is that they are working on creating a chemical that works like taxol

In the google search engine I typed in taxol derived from- and came up with even the original research on the discovery. It is very interesting reading. I hope it continues to work for all of you that are currently in treatment and who finished treatment.

What I am trying to say is that discoveries made because people wonder and experiment and look at the results. They try. They have hope that things will work,or else why would they try.

We all need hope that things will work. If it's not going to hurt you, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, why not give yourself a little feeling, a tiny glimmer of hope?

Were i to want to get the most benefit from that little old lemon, I personally would make certain it was organic. I would take the whole entire lemon and put it in my little chopper and chop the heck out of it. I would in the meantime have made some green tea, letting it steep for the entire 30 minutes to get the most out of it. I would then mix the two together if the tea was no longer hot, and I would take my time and drink it, without sugar, even though it tasted pretty bitter. I would just grin and bear it, cause in the long run, it's not going to hurt me and could do a world of good. Think of how happy my liver will be and all my friendly little cells, all except for the cancer ones, cause once my body turns all that acidy lemon into wonderful alkaline ash, my cancer cells will be in real trouble.

That's it.

Hope
    Hope
    Hope
    Action
    Action
    Action
    empowerment
    wellness
    wellness
    deep breath

and we're done.

Best wishes to you all, and know that I will support you in whatever your choice of treatment, even if it's not my choice.

A friend,

Claudia

Claudia,thank you for this
    Claudia,thank you for this post with list of things that might help and certainly won't hurt. When I get my printer to work again I think I will print it and hang it in the kitchen above my coffee maker. I found this site back in May but didn't find my way back to it until today. I appreciate all the posts and having a community to look to that is experiencing what is happening to me. A friend, Genie
  • california_artist
    Genie
    You know, it's funny cause shortly after I posted that lovely list, I looked at it and thought, you know, I really out to print that out and put it in the fridge and in the bedroom so I don't forget what's vitally important during this short period of my life.

I wholly intend to make it out alive from this mess, and am willing to do as much as I can to tip the odds in my favor. Just as during the first six months, I was a fanatic about doing every possible thing I could to slow down and kill some of the cancer, I realize that as time goes on, I am able to let up to some extent, but I won't go back to the lifestyle I had before knowing I had cancer, because in my opinion, and in my particular case, I can see the things I was doing to give my cancer a hand in gaining a stronghold in me. Even eating brown rice, which is a wonderful food, because along with other acidic foods I ate so much of, didn't fare me well. Too much of a good thing, is too much.

After seeing graphs of the sharp downward slope of the number of deaths at the two year mark, I counted days til I got there, feeling somehow that at that point I could breathe a little easier.

Thanks for your comment. I love this thread because so many ideas started flying around. Although different folks have differing ways of communicating, it's important to remember it's the messages and the exchange of ideas and knowledge that is ultimately the most important thing, and one just keeps on marching for the opportunity of learning something that might help someone at some time.

Health and joy at all times,

Claudia

In 13 days it will be three and a half years since my diagnosis.For UPSC it's all about turning back on the p53 gene. So far, I think I'm mostly just slowing things down. That's why I'm still so diligent, not as but pretty aware of what I'm doing, not that I don't do things I probably shouldn't, just I know about them. and then I try to counteract those things, rather like a diabetic giving themselves insulin when they've had too much sugar. You're human, and sometimes ice cream is worth the risk, in your mind, for a few minutes anyway.

Epigenetics is what is our going to be our new best friend. That's how we'll learn to the p53 back on. I am hopeful. I hope you are too.
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980

Genie
    You know, it's funny cause shortly after I posted that lovely list, I looked at it and thought, you know, I really out to print that out and put it in the fridge and in the bedroom so I don't forget what's vitally important during this short period of my life.

I wholly intend to make it out alive from this mess, and am willing to do as much as I can to tip the odds in my favor. Just as during the first six months, I was a fanatic about doing every possible thing I could to slow down and kill some of the cancer, I realize that as time goes on, I am able to let up to some extent, but I won't go back to the lifestyle I had before knowing I had cancer, because in my opinion, and in my particular case, I can see the things I was doing to give my cancer a hand in gaining a stronghold in me. Even eating brown rice, which is a wonderful food, because along with other acidic foods I ate so much of, didn't fare me well. Too much of a good thing, is too much.

After seeing graphs of the sharp downward slope of the number of deaths at the two year mark, I counted days til I got there, feeling somehow that at that point I could breathe a little easier.

Thanks for your comment. I love this thread because so many ideas started flying around. Although different folks have differing ways of communicating, it's important to remember it's the messages and the exchange of ideas and knowledge that is ultimately the most important thing, and one just keeps on marching for the opportunity of learning something that might help someone at some time.

Health and joy at all times,

Claudia

In 13 days it will be three and a half years since my diagnosis.For UPSC it's all about turning back on the p53 gene. So far, I think I'm mostly just slowing things down. That's why I'm still so diligent, not as but pretty aware of what I'm doing, not that I don't do things I probably shouldn't, just I know about them. and then I try to counteract those things, rather like a diabetic giving themselves insulin when they've had too much sugar. You're human, and sometimes ice cream is worth the risk, in your mind, for a few minutes anyway.

Epigenetics is what is our going to be our new best friend. That's how we'll learn to the p53 back on. I am hopeful. I hope you are too.

Claudia: I thought you had your surgery in fall of 2008.
    Do I have the time line wrong? I think of you as starting this journey at roughly the same time as me, Marge, and Deanna: fall 2008. I know you were one of the earliest posters in our new little 'UPSC community.'
  • california_artist

Claudia: I thought you had your surgery in fall of 2008.
    Do I have the time line wrong? I think of you as starting this journey at roughly the same time as me, Marge, and Deanna: fall 2008. I know you were one of the earliest posters in our new little 'UPSC community.'

Linda
    I came on board around the same time as you but I was diagnosed on February 27, 2008, that's the doctor to called me to tell me the results of a biopsy. The sad thing is that prior to that, 27 had always been my favorite number. I did have my first PET in August of '08.

Nice we are still around, eh???

Claudia
  • kkstef

Linda
    I came on board around the same time as you but I was diagnosed on February 27, 2008, that's the doctor to called me to tell me the results of a biopsy. The sad thing is that prior to that, 27 had always been my favorite number. I did have my first PET in August of '08.

Nice we are still around, eh???

Claudia

Linda and Claudia
    You bet it is nice to still have both of you around! Keep it up! We expect to read your postings for years to come!

Big hugs to you both!

Karen
  • california_artist
    Karen
    Thanks, you too, hang around.

What the heck are you eating that is making so dang happY?

Think it's time to put up another painting, I'm getting tired of that one, maybe some coffee break related thing a ma bob.

Love to all, especially you Karen and your always smiley face.

Your friend,

Claudia
  • bloodmoongrizzly
    bloodmoongrizzly Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017 #79
    The story is unproven. 

The story is unproven.  Please people do not belive in this stuff till you have all the facts  This is how people die misinformation is very deadly.  Lemons can help in some way but they are not a cure all like the stories i have read.

https://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    I think at least 6 women who posted earlier on this thread

died from their cancer. If lemons cured cancer the entire world would jump on that band wagon!

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Lemons as treatment

AbbyCat2, I read through this old string of posts too. The information was too undependable- not peer reviewed, double blind studies published in reputable journals. Too many early science, and “MAY” statements. So we all know about how certain chemotherapy compounds are “plant based” but you know they are toxins administered to us just to the brink of our not being killed by them! Remember how cancer patients flocked in desperation to Layatrel (sp?) clinics in Mexico looking for the “holy grail” of treatments. If I recall that was extracted from the pit of a peach. My point being that there are a lot of unscientific “studies” out there that if pursued really doesn’t help us in our battle against cancer. That being said enjoy lemon juice but it isn’t going to be a magic bullet to destroy cancer in a woman with gynecological cancer. My opinion only:)