cervical cancer survivor

I am a cervical cancer survivor and had a radical hysterectomy 16 years ago. This month I had some abnormal vaginal bleeding and my pap just came back abnormal with uterine cells in it. How can this be when I don't have a uterus? I am terrified after all this time that the cancer is back. The doc is referring me to a gyn for a closer look, but in the meantime, my mind is driving me insane.

Comments

• wasil1216
    wasil1216 Member Posts: 15
    new member reply
    I cant tell you how blessed i feel to have found this site. I,too, am waiting for results since June 27. then was sent for a vaginal Ultrasound this past Friday. may i ask if you knew the Stage of your cancer. If that is private, i understand. its just everything i have read about my symptoms are making me insane as well. thank you for listening...as this is my first reply. i wish you all the best.
  • beckyracn
    beckyracn Member Posts: 322
    wasil1216 said:

new member reply
    I cant tell you how blessed i feel to have found this site. I,too, am waiting for results since June 27. then was sent for a vaginal Ultrasound this past Friday. may i ask if you knew the Stage of your cancer. If that is private, i understand. its just everything i have read about my symptoms are making me insane as well. thank you for listening...as this is my first reply. i wish you all the best.

I am so sorry to hear both
    I am so sorry to hear both of you are in this position. I hope all turns out well for you.
  • Kadieo
    Kadieo Member Posts: 3
    I too am a 16 yr cervical
    I too am a 16 yr cervical survivor who has recently found out I have malignant cancer cells in my ovaries. Still confused as to how I even have ovaries since we were told that the radiation would kill them out. Seeing my gyno Monday for some answers. Hope all turns out well for you.