Pre-Menopausal post chemo?

Clementine_P
Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
Hi all, any experience you all may have on this subject is very much appreciated. I was 40 when I started chemo and it put me into "chemopause". I finished my chemo last August and am now told by my oncologist that I am pre-menopausal again, but I have yet to get my period. Has anyone else experienced this? Does your period come back regular and more or less the same as it used to be? (I was on the pill from the age of 18 so I am not really sure what a "normal" period is for me anyway.) I was just wondering what I can expect.

Thanks very much!

Comments

• NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Not sure I was starting menopause
    I'm not sure when your period returns. I'm a bit older than you and was already moving into menopause. As a matter of fact, I'll be officially menopausal this October if I don't get a period by then. You should ask your oncologist what the estimated time will be. Or even your gynecologist might have experience with this.
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    NJMom10 said:

Not sure I was starting menopause
    I'm not sure when your period returns. I'm a bit older than you and was already moving into menopause. As a matter of fact, I'll be officially menopausal this October if I don't get a period by then. You should ask your oncologist what the estimated time will be. Or even your gynecologist might have experience with this.

Thank you
    Thank you NJ Mom, my oncologist said that he really can't predict when it will come but that my hormone levels are back up to pre-menopausal levels and so it is likely to come. I guess I was just wondering if it will be regular, heavy, light, etc... Thanks so much for your feedback! I may go ahead and ask my gynecologist. You are right, she may have some information.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    I am curious to know what
    I am curious to know what people say about this. I stopped having my period in May (no period), and been getting bad hot flashes!!! I don't miss my period though. I just want to be healthy again. But I am curious now...