I was going to reserve the big pink bus, but

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
I just held my breath and decided to 'go it alone'. I knew I could ask, but there have been so many whose appts, surgeries were more dire than mine, I just couldn't.

Two weeks ago - on Memorial Day - I had some spotting and it scared the daylights out of me. I'm 5 yrs post menopausal and I am 57. Last week I had an endometrial biopsy an a polyp removed, or, as I like to call it, a scoop and a snip. Today I had an ultrasound - what a nasty thing that is!

My gyn wasn't in the office, but I went to high school (yes they had 'em back then!) with his nurse and she called him to get permission to tell me the results. Everything was negative and looked the way it should. No explanation for the spotting. I'm a little crampy, too.

I have been on Arimidex/Anastrazole for exactly one year. It is not supposed to be a side effect, but I wonder. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Sue

Comments

• poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    That's wonderful about your
    That's wonderful about your report. I really don't have any idea about the medication side-effects.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sue
    almost the same situation..I am 51 and about 5 yrs post meno..about jan I was out and starting bleeding pretty heavy and then spotting on and off for couple months...I was taken off tamoxifen and still same issues...I had internal ultrasounds @ 6mths followed by d & c...almost 4 wks ago I had hysterctomy....and just put back on tamoxifen this week...

I wish you luck...I hope all works out of you...(I had thickening of uterus so much I couldn't have the less invasive surgery)

Denise
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

sue
    almost the same situation..I am 51 and about 5 yrs post meno..about jan I was out and starting bleeding pretty heavy and then spotting on and off for couple months...I was taken off tamoxifen and still same issues...I had internal ultrasounds @ 6mths followed by d & c...almost 4 wks ago I had hysterctomy....and just put back on tamoxifen this week...

I wish you luck...I hope all works out of you...(I had thickening of uterus so much I couldn't have the less invasive surgery)

Denise

awesome news though I dont
    awesome news though I dont know about the spotting!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sue
    glad your results were negative. I had same tests last year after spotting for 2 weeks right after being dx with bc. Nothing was found. I was 11 years post menopausal and this was the only time I had spotting. Our bodies are a mystery.

I wanted to let you know I booked a room for 2 nights at the Comfort Inn at the Park for $99/night with Choice Hotels. Our total is what the other hotel was for one night. Have you made your reservations?
    Char
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    cahjah75 said:

Sue
    glad your results were negative. I had same tests last year after spotting for 2 weeks right after being dx with bc. Nothing was found. I was 11 years post menopausal and this was the only time I had spotting. Our bodies are a mystery.

I wanted to let you know I booked a room for 2 nights at the Comfort Inn at the Park for $99/night with Choice Hotels. Our total is what the other hotel was for one night. Have you made your reservations?
    Char

Glad results were all
    Glad results were all negative and that you are okay.

Hugs

Donna
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Glad results were all
    Glad results were all negative and that you are okay.

Hugs

Donna

Sue,
    I'm doing the happy dance for you and it isn't pretty... But it's all good.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Sue,
    I'm doing the happy dance for you and it isn't pretty... But it's all good.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Sue, Good news .. load of stress off of your
    mind, body and soul... So happy for you.

Vicki Sam
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    VickiSam said:

Sue, Good news .. load of stress off of your
    mind, body and soul... So happy for you.

Vicki Sam

Sue,
    Now I am not positive

Sue,
    Now I am not positive about this, but I thought that I read somewhere that when you have polyps in the uterus you can get some bleeding. Glad you went right away and had it checked out. Even though arimidex is not supposed to cause bleeding or uterine problems it doesn't mean that other things might not be there to cause this. Also so happy that you got the news quickly and that it was good.
    Stef