PET scan on Tuesday

Glenna M
Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I've been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lately and didn't feel I could really be of much help to anyone so I've been staying away from the boards.

A brief background since there are so many new members here. In May of '09 I was diagnosed with NSCLC in left lung and 2 weeks later, after a PET scan,I was also diagnosed with SCC Laryngeal cancer. Went through chemo and rads and have been in remission since. When I was first diagnosed my oncologist said there was a small "spot" in my right lung but he didn't feel it was anything but they would keep an eye on it. I was having a CT scan every three months to monitor my lungs and they were all coming back good - no change. I had finally graduated to only needing the scan every 6 months and I was so excited!!!

In February I went back for my first scan in 6 months and the radiologist said there were "subtle changes" in my left lung and put me back on a 3 month schedule for my scans. I had another scan in May and he told me the tumor was "more distinguishable". When I asked him if this meant it had grown all he would say was it was "more distinguishable". He sent the scans to the Cancer Review board for their recommendation and they said to order another PET scan. It seems that not only is the tumor in my left lung "more distinguishable", the "spot" in my right lung has grown also. I go Tuesday the 14th for the PET but won't hear from my radiologist until the 20th because he will be on vacation. The delay in getting the results isn't really bothering me, I think it's because I'm really expecting to hear bad news and I'm in no hurry for that. Like I told my sisters, I'm praying for the best but preparing for the worst :)

I hope everyone here is doing well,
Glenna

Comments

• lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Aw Glenna
    I am so sorry you got such news. The waiting, as you know is one of the most difficult things they ask us to do. You are in my prayers for sure. Diane
  • Glenna M
    lekkerone said:

Aw Glenna
    I am so sorry you got such news. The waiting, as you know is one of the most difficult things they ask us to do. You are in my prayers for sure. Diane

Diane
    Thank you for keeping me in your prayers, I really take comfort in knowing that others are praying for me.

I'm getting used to the waiting now and don't let it bother me as much as it used to. I would prefer to have answers quicker but know it's not possible so I have learned to keep myself busy so I don't worry needlessly. I save all my worrying for the day I get my results, that's when I really get nervous - LOL

Glenna
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Hang in there!
    You are in my thoughts, my friend. As you know, the scan is not the thing to worry about. It's the results that can be a problem :).

Hope and humor, Glenna!

Take care,

Joe
  • Glenna M

Hang in there!
    You are in my thoughts, my friend. As you know, the scan is not the thing to worry about. It's the results that can be a problem :).

Hope and humor, Glenna!

Take care,

Joe

Joe
    The scan doesn't bother me...too much :) I'm gonna be a big girl this time and do it without the Ativan...hahaha The technicians may hate me afterwards but I don't care, it's not like I have to see them everyday.

I will be fine until the morning of the 20th when I get the results, then I'll start the worrying process, til then I have too much to do and enjoy.

I have the hope and I'm looking to you, my sweet friend, for the humor. You have always been able to make me laugh. It's funny, I just realized I am smiling as I write this to you. See, you're having a great effect on me already!!

As always,
    Glenna
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    Glenna M said:

Joe
    The scan doesn't bother me...too much :) I'm gonna be a big girl this time and do it without the Ativan...hahaha The technicians may hate me afterwards but I don't care, it's not like I have to see them everyday.

I will be fine until the morning of the 20th when I get the results, then I'll start the worrying process, til then I have too much to do and enjoy.

I have the hope and I'm looking to you, my sweet friend, for the humor. You have always been able to make me laugh. It's funny, I just realized I am smiling as I write this to you. See, you're having a great effect on me already!!

As always,
    Glenna

Glenna I am Rooting for You!
    I will be praying and rooting for you Glenna. This is one group who KNOWS how hard it is to wait. Keep us posted dear friend.
  • Glenna M
    mamacita5 said:

Glenna I am Rooting for You!
    I will be praying and rooting for you Glenna. This is one group who KNOWS how hard it is to wait. Keep us posted dear friend.

Thank you Mamacita...
    Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, I knew I could count on you to be there for me.

I will post on the 20th after I hear from the radiologist, and I'm praying that I will be able to post great news so everyone can celebrate with me.

Stay well my friend,
    Glenna
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220
    Glenna M said:

Thank you Mamacita...
    Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, I knew I could count on you to be there for me.

I will post on the 20th after I hear from the radiologist, and I'm praying that I will be able to post great news so everyone can celebrate with me.

Stay well my friend,
    Glenna

Wishing
    Glenna have read all your posts over the last couple years, you are a most loving and caring person and want you to know will be sending prayers your way for a clean pet-scan. Wishing you nothing but the best....... Dan
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    Glenna M said:

Thank you Mamacita...

Stay well my friend,
    Glenna

Glenna
    More positive wishes and prays.

c
  • Glenna M
    Dan620 said:

Wishing
    Glenna have read all your posts over the last couple years, you are a most loving and caring person and want you to know will be sending prayers your way for a clean pet-scan. Wishing you nothing but the best....... Dan

Dan
    Thank you Dan for your kind words and prayers. Each day I am feeling a little more confident that all will be well.

Stay well,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    catcon49 said:

Glenna
    More positive wishes and prays.

c

Catcon
    Thank you!!!

My best,
    Glenna
  • sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
    He is being
    He is being Bombarded with Lots of Prayers for you!!
    Keep your head up and stay positive.
    Lots of positive energy your way.
  • Glenna M

He is being
    He is being Bombarded with Lots of Prayers for you!!
    Keep your head up and stay positive.
    Lots of positive energy your way.

Sleepless
    Thank you for such an inspiring note, how can I not think positive thoughts when so many are praying for me.

Stay well,
    Glenna
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    sending good thoughts your way!
    I am rooting for you girl! Just think of us as your safety net! ;)
    XOXOXOX
    Medi
  • mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 30
    sending thoughts and prayers
    Hi Glenna,

I'm sorry to hear this news. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chrissy
  • Glenna M
    medi_2 said:

sending good thoughts your way!
    I am rooting for you girl! Just think of us as your safety net! ;)
    XOXOXOX
    Medi

Medi
    Thank you, I like that...safety net :)

Big hugs!!!
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    mom_of_2 said:

sending thoughts and prayers
    Hi Glenna,

I'm sorry to hear this news. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chrissy

Chrissy...
    I hope you and your family are doing well, I think of you quite often.

Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate them.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • angelyn
    angelyn Member Posts: 51
    Glenna M said:

Chrissy...
    I hope you and your family are doing well, I think of you quite often.

Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate them.

Stay strong,
    Glenna

rooting for you!!
    Wishing you the best of luck on the 20th. Hope everything goes very well.
    Angie
  • Glenna M
    angelyn said:

rooting for you!!
    Wishing you the best of luck on the 20th. Hope everything goes very well.
    Angie

Angie
    Thank you for the words of encouragement, they help a lot!!

Glenna
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Thoughts and prayers...
    Glenna, Lifting you up in prayers! We are here for you and praying for the best results on the PET. Sometimes we all have to take a break from "C". We know you still love us:-)
    We're family so we are in your corner! HUGS
    Cheryl
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member

Thoughts and prayers...
    Glenna, Lifting you up in prayers! We are here for you and praying for the best results on the PET. Sometimes we all have to take a break from "C". We know you still love us:-)
    We're family so we are in your corner! HUGS
    Cheryl

Glenna
    Glenna, I will have you in my thoughts and prayers for good scan results for you on the 20th. I know that the waiting is the hardest part for me. When I have a scan I see the oncologist the next day, I told him its the worst part for me, just the wondering. I am only sending healing thoughts to you. I know that when I first had my lung nodule discovered the standard follow up scan was scheduled for 3 months later, and the oncologist said hopefully it will just be gone. Well it wasn't so I had the lower right lobe removed after the biopsy via vats and the divinci robot. Now since you have already been in remisson once, if there is an issue you could go back into remission again. But I would rather everything be cleared up again. Lori