hes coming home*************update*****************

tina dasilva
tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
edited June 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I'm so happy to tell everyone Jorge is coming home today . I can use some help how to get him strong away he lost 20lbs so we need to get it back. Hugs all

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Happy ,happy ,happy for you and Jorge! first goal
    achieved ! now let's go for the lad one ! I pray for that!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Hooray!
    Hooray for Jorge being home from the hospital! I remember so well how wonderful it was to come home from the hosiptal after being there for a week- enjoy!!!!

So far as building up his strength again, he needs to build up muscle again by eating protein. Supplement his diet with a good protein/nutritional powder drink. Boost and whatever the other one is that you can buy in liquid form in all the stores is something, but the kind that come in powdered form from the health food stores will be much better and make sure that it also has the veggies in the powder form in there too. Anything to bulk him up, but you want to do it in a healthy way not just junk food (which would probably disagree with his colon now anyhow so soon after surgery).

Enjoy having him home- you're halfway there!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • AncientTiger
    AncientTiger Member Posts: 130
    WONDERFUL news
    Tina, SO happy to hear...and so FAST! Holy crap!! LOL

I had the same issue with weight/muscle loss when I got back from the hospital Tina... Annie got me a BIIIG jug of chocolate powder to add to milk that was crammed FULL of protein and I would try to drink one glass each day... two if I could make myself.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

WONDERFUL news
    Tina, SO happy to hear...and so FAST! Holy crap!! LOL

I had the same issue with weight/muscle loss when I got back from the hospital Tina... Annie got me a BIIIG jug of chocolate powder to add to milk that was crammed FULL of protein and I would try to drink one glass each day... two if I could make myself.

chubby chub
    let's talk later in the week when you get your boy home and comfy

what can we do to fatten him up

hugs Tina.....

mags
  • Patti1
    Patti1 Member Posts: 109 Member
    So Happy for the Both of You
    Tina,
    I am so happy that Jorge is home from the hospital, I also now have hubby home from the hospital also. We have 2 husbands we need to work on to fatten them up, my husband had to have a feeding tube put in as we could not conquer the weight loss, keep that blender going for some good milkshakes. I think about the both of you all the time and will keep praying for the both of you. Drop me a email anytime you need to talk, im always here for you.

Love ya
    Patti
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Patti1 said:

So Happy for the Both of You
    Tina,
    I am so happy that Jorge is home from the hospital, I also now have hubby home from the hospital also. We have 2 husbands we need to work on to fatten them up, my husband had to have a feeding tube put in as we could not conquer the weight loss, keep that blender going for some good milkshakes. I think about the both of you all the time and will keep praying for the both of you. Drop me a email anytime you need to talk, im always here for you.

Love ya
    Patti

Peanut Butter Milkshakes..........
    loved em and they helped me regain quicker.
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Buzzard said:

Peanut Butter Milkshakes..........
    loved em and they helped me regain quicker.

second that
    of course, peanut butter, chocolate and banana is good too.

Oh, and blueberry pancakes, with real butter and maple syrup.

Too be honest, it took a couple of weeks before I could really eat. Be patient with him, and know that he will begin eating when he is ready.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Wonderful
    Milkshakes worked for me, I gained it all back in no time, even though I really didn't want to.
    Welcome home Jorge.
    Winter Marie
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Welcome Home!
    Hi Tina, I'm so very glad that Jorge came home today. It's simply no fun being in the hospital and away from your nice comfy bed. Welcome home Jorge! I hope that you're feeling better soon.

On a side note in regard to weight loss...I too would appreciated any recipes or tips that my friends out here can send to me in order to fatten Rick up a bit (recipes without sugar please). I've been getting rather concerned with his weight loss ever since his chemo started up again. (He's just skin and bones now.) I'm going to take Buckwirth's idea and make blueberry pancakes for tomorrow's breakfast. :-) Thank you everyone! Cynthia
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wonderful!
    Yay! Yay! Yay!!!

So glad for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • emtwoods
    emtwoods Member Posts: 37 Member
    Weight
    Michael lost 30 lbs since his diagnosis on Mother's Day. I was making him milkshakes but now he is on chemo and they said nothing cold so milk shakes are out for now. No one ever said how long he can't have cold? So I am not sure about that, and now he isn't keeping anything down anyway so hopefully that gets better.

Jessica
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    I'm so happy for you
    Dear Tina,

Great!!!! Hope he will have a speedy recovery!

HUgs,Dora
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Wonderful news. I am
    Wonderful news. I am thrilled for you both. There truly is no place like home. Jorge's appetite will pick up, it just takes time.
    Hugs to you both,
    Judy
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    jjaj133 said:

Wonderful news. I am
    Wonderful news. I am thrilled for you both. There truly is no place like home. Jorge's appetite will pick up, it just takes time.
    Hugs to you both,
    Judy

This man of mine is nuts
    This man of mine is nuts.he got up at 5am today and had me outside cutting the grass also had me row at tilling and then he tells me man i need to eat so then i go into the house to get him something to eat. 2hours later i start to make homemade soup and he had 3 bowls of soup.and as i post this he is eating yougourt with blueberrys .He keeps telling me he feels great .man hes nuts but i love him.<3 <3
  • This man of mine is nuts
    This man of mine is nuts.he got up at 5am today and had me outside cutting the grass also had me row at tilling and then he tells me man i need to eat so then i go into the house to get him something to eat. 2hours later i start to make homemade soup and he had 3 bowls of soup.and as i post this he is eating yougourt with blueberrys .He keeps telling me he feels great .man hes nuts but i love him.<3 <3</p>

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Marianne313
    Marianne313 Member Posts: 124
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

YAY!!
    I don't really know anyone here. I'm just grateful, happy and thankful that there IS good that happens.

I'm very happy for you. I hope him feeling GREAT continues every day for many years.

and like the previous poster said "take care of you".

Marianne
  • AncientTiger
    AncientTiger Member Posts: 130

This man of mine is nuts
    This man of mine is nuts.he got up at 5am today and had me outside cutting the grass also had me row at tilling and then he tells me man i need to eat so then i go into the house to get him something to eat. 2hours later i start to make homemade soup and he had 3 bowls of soup.and as i post this he is eating yougourt with blueberrys .He keeps telling me he feels great .man hes nuts but i love him.<3 <3</p>

As long as
    he wasn't sitting on the porch, "supervising".. LOL

Glad to hear he's doing well! :D
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Great News!
    Like many said -

Great News!

Like many said - MILKSHAKES, Cream-based soups, buttery mashed potatoes

BUT, some type of movement every day. A walk around the block or even a half a block, whatever ..just something every day. My legs are still my weakest part of my body, one year after liver resection and end of chemo. My biggest refgret is not keeping to a disciplined reginime of exercise even while so fatigued and chemo-y.

Be well and wishes of recuperation and health to Jorge!

Peggy
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    pluckey said:

Great News!
    Like many said -

Great News!

Like many said - MILKSHAKES, Cream-based soups, buttery mashed potatoes

BUT, some type of movement every day. A walk around the block or even a half a block, whatever ..just something every day. My legs are still my weakest part of my body, one year after liver resection and end of chemo. My biggest refgret is not keeping to a disciplined reginime of exercise even while so fatigued and chemo-y.

Be well and wishes of recuperation and health to Jorge!

Peggy

Love it!!!
    Your kind of love is so awesome! Cherish it, I do!