Getting ready for neighborhood yard sale

LaundryQueen
LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
I gotta lot of books on natural healing & cancer prevention that are leaving my house. Maybe someone else can use them now. I was so focused on preventing breast cancer as I figured that disease was high risk for ALL women why should I be any different?

I guess my situation could be worse as I know some people are dealing with two or even three different primary cancers. I used to think a person had some sort of control over their future health. Now I think sh*t happens & all you can control is how you deal with it.

Now I must return to improving the feng shui of my home...

LQ

Comments

• jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Hi hear you on that one
    Hi hear you on that one sister. This is coming from me who is 31, physically fit and ate healty. I was the poster girl for healthy, until now. I agree all I can do is control how to deal with it. I guess I am throwing out my wheat pasta and indulging in the white. lol
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    jbeans888 said:

Hi hear you on that one
    Hi hear you on that one sister. This is coming from me who is 31, physically fit and ate healty. I was the poster girl for healthy, until now. I agree all I can do is control how to deal with it. I guess I am throwing out my wheat pasta and indulging in the white. lol

have fun cleaning house
    and make lots of $$$$ so you can go on vacation...val
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member

have fun cleaning house
    and make lots of $$$$ so you can go on vacation...val

What could be worse?
    Dear LQ

It's kinda annoying when people say, "it could be worse." But I, too, was thinking what could be worse than getting OVCA?

Then I read about the woman who had her face and hands ripped off when she was attacked by a pet chimpanzee--she's blind now and just got a face transplant. So yeah, I guess it could be worse.

Let me know if you go on vacation and maybe I'll go with you...not to the beach, OK?

Carolen
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    jbeans888 said:

Hi hear you on that one

I stopped eating wheat
    I stopped eating wheat altogether now that I investigated the CAAT diet. Apparently, anything made with flour (in the US) by law, is fortified with folic acid. And the odds are 80-90% that the cancer that picked me will thrive on folic acid/folate. There is even a new drug in phase III clinical trials called EC145 that is low-dose Doxil combIned with folate designed to exploit this phenomenon.

Oh, Val & Carolen, if I DO make any money from the yard sale, it's going to pay for all the integrative therapies that I am still doing (the ascorbic acid IVs are $150/week). As for going on vacation, I'll have to live vicariously via TV & the Travel Channel. No bathing suit required. Hahahahaha!

LQ