I've been MIA but never stop thinking about all of you.

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
I took a nasty fall off the top step of my brick patio and ended up in the ER for 5 hours. My left arm and half of my mastectomy chest is black, purple & red. I had a hematoma in my arm so stopped taking baby aspirin. Thank goodness I didn't break anything. My thigh is bruised as well as low spine area. The ER dr think my upper arm bone (I have no humeral head) pressed into my body upon impact. My glasses went flying and thankfully did not break. I'm feeling very clumsy again like my balance is off.

I made appt for my colonoscopy and the dr will also perform a endoscopy at the same time since I'll be out. I've been on Prilosec for 10 years and he wants to make sure the lining of my esophagus is ok.

I see my breast surgeon and onc next week. It's hard to believe it has been one whole year since my mastectomy. I just want to hear from both of them that there is no evidence of cancer. I will have a chest xray this Wednesday.

I also rejoined WW in an effort to finally relose the 30 lbs I gained during chemo and then some. I'm overweight and tired of the pain it causes my joints.
Char

Comments

• linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Sorry
    Oh Char, so sorry to hear of your mishap. It sounds like you really did a job on yourself. Hope you heal up quickly. Hugs, Linda
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Char, thank goodness
    you didn't break any bones in that nasty fall. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I just had a colonoscopy and guess what? I used the Pink bus with all my sisters aboard! They make stops at the gastroenterologists office so, we'll be there for your procedure as well as this Wednesday for your chest x-ray.

The bus has been BUSY!

Praying all goes well and you are on the mend.

Congrats on your year!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • smilingdeb
    smilingdeb Member Posts: 50
    Hi Char
    I so sorry to hear that you had a nasty fall but I am so happy that you are okay. Get some rest and I will pray for a speedy recovery and good outcomes with the doctors. Keep us up to date..
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    linpsu said:

Sorry
    Oh Char, so sorry to hear of your mishap. It sounds like you really did a job on yourself. Hope you heal up quickly. Hugs, Linda

So sorry Char. Hoping you
    So sorry Char. Hoping you heal fast. And, good luck with your tests!

Lex
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Oh, Char
    I am so sorry! I am a klutz and I have pulled some amazing stunts that have left me bruised and hurting. I hope you heal soon. Be careful!!

Sue
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Char
    sorry to hear about your fall. I am glad that there were no broken bones. I hope the brusing is not causing too much discomfort. Sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope all goes well on all of your tests and that you get to dance with NED really soon.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    ladyg said:

Char
    sorry to hear about your fall. I am glad that there were no broken bones. I hope the brusing is not causing too much discomfort. Sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope all goes well on all of your tests and that you get to dance with NED really soon.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Ouch!
    Good grief, Char, you've really outdone yourself with all that's going on! You must be in pain. And now having both a colonoscopy and endoscopy? Also seeing the oncologist?

Hope you heal quickly and without any complications. Just remember that this will soon be behind you - just like the mastectomy is now.

Sending hugs,
    Suzanne
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    wow...so sorry
    so sorry you are in pain........hope you heal up quickly. A year....yeah! Good luck with all the tests....hoping all is fine....and good luck with WW. Keep up posted on results of tests and procedures. You know we all have you in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Char - I am sorry you ended
    Char - I am sorry you ended up in ER. Ugh. I hope you recover/heal soon.
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Sorry to hear the news about
    Sorry to hear the news about your fall! I wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck with your appointments coming up. I hope you hear good news.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Char - I am sorry you ended
    Char - I am sorry you ended up in ER. Ugh. I hope you recover/heal soon.

Sorry about your falling.
    Sorry about your falling. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hugs, Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Ouch!
    Good grief, Char, you've really outdone yourself with all that's going on! You must be in pain. And now having both a colonoscopy and endoscopy? Also seeing the oncologist?

Hope you heal quickly and without any complications. Just remember that this will soon be behind you - just like the mastectomy is now.

Sending hugs,
    Suzanne

Oh my goodness Char, I am so
    Oh my goodness Char, I am so sorry to read this. Hoping you heal quickly and praying for good results on your tests.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Cinkal said:

Sorry to hear the news about
    Sorry to hear the news about your fall! I wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck with your appointments coming up. I hope you hear good news.

ooohhhh so sorry that sounds
    ooohhhh so sorry that sounds awful. glad you are back and kicking!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Oh Char
    I'm so sorry

Oh Char
    I'm so sorry that you had a bad fall, My gosh it sounds like you really got beat up. I hope your doing OK now?? I have also been gone for awhile. I needed to try and get things back in line. But I sure was glad to see you here. Take care of your self. No more falling OK.. I know what you mean about being off balance though.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Oh Char
    I'm so sorry

Oh Char
    I'm so sorry that you had a bad fall, My gosh it sounds like you really got beat up. I hope your doing OK now?? I have also been gone for awhile. I needed to try and get things back in line. But I sure was glad to see you here. Take care of your self. No more falling OK.. I know what you mean about being off balance though.

Sorry about your horrible fall, Char
    and I hope you're feeling better soon. Also, sending all my positive energy your way when you have your tests for you to get a perfect result. Take good care in your motion. We don't want you to hurt any more!

Hugs, Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

Sorry about your horrible fall, Char
    and I hope you're feeling better soon. Also, sending all my positive energy your way when you have your tests for you to get a perfect result. Take good care in your motion. We don't want you to hurt any more!

Hugs, Renee

Char!!!! Please take care of yourself!
    Nasty fall -- I am so sorry to hear about this. Take time for yourself, and allow your body, mind and soul to mend.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Oh no Char,
    I am sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you heal soon. Make sure to take it easy.

Good luck with WW. It does work if you stick to it. I weighed in today. Unfortunately, I was +.2 lbs., but that's okay.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh no Char,
    I am sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you heal soon. Make sure to take it easy.

Good luck with WW. It does work if you stick to it. I weighed in today. Unfortunately, I was +.2 lbs., but that's okay.

xoxo,
    Jean

I just saw this post and
    I just saw this post and Char, I am so sorry. Praying you heal soon and have no more falls.

And, good luck with your tests!

Sue :)