Low heart rate after second TC chemo - woke up with a pulse of 49! Anyone experience this?

ender
ender Member Posts: 167
Hi everyone!

Feel nervous after waking up on my day after chemo with a pulse of 49. After the first chemo my heart rate instead went up to 100 bpm, but I do believe that was a few days after chemo. Did not check my own pulse for the first couple of days. When my pulse was high my MO attributed it to a sedentary life style during surgeries. I thought it was strange how my resting pulse could so quickly go from 65 to 100, but I still forced myself to work out every day after that. Yesterday, before chemo, my heart rate was down to 85. Last night it was 59. Now 49! Will call my doctor as soon as the office opens, but my anxiousness prompted me to see if there are any pink ladies I more easterly time zones that have experienced this?

Eva

Comments

• rhamilton1012
    rhamilton1012 Member Posts: 19
    Lots of prayer
    I have no experience, but I can say some prayers for you! Please keep us posted on what they say
  • ldpettit
    ldpettit Member Posts: 128
    TC Chemo
    I have not had that chemo combo. I have had the AC combo and have experienced a drop in my BP reading after each treatment. I will say prayers for you. Please advise your doctor... and if necessary or you are still concerned PLEASE go see a cardiologist. Do not let it go too long...
  • ender
    ldpettit said:

TC Chemo
    I have not had that chemo combo. I have had the AC combo and have experienced a drop in my BP reading after each treatment. I will say prayers for you. Please advise your doctor... and if necessary or you are still concerned PLEASE go see a cardiologist. Do not let it go too long...

Thanks for your quick
    Thanks for your quick replies girls! How low did your bpm go to, Idpettit? What steps were recommended for you?

Thanks again.

Eva
  • ldpettit
    ender said:

Thanks for your quick
    Thanks for your quick replies girls! How low did your bpm go to, Idpettit? What steps were recommended for you?

Thanks again.

Eva

BP
    It got as low as 90/55. Before chemo even started I would run about 110-80... So running this low is concerning. My MO isn't concerned right now and I monitor it at home with a BP cuff my husband uses to monitor his High BP.

Now I mention to speak with a cardiologist because a friend of mine's wife ended up having issue with Herceptin and by the 2nd treatment she almost died because it was too much for her heart. She immediately went to a hospital and saw a cardiologist... now she is on meds for her heart and they took her off of Herceptin. Now this is obviously an extreme case that I am aware of, but these chemo treatments all come with their own issues to our system. Some are lucky to have no reactions.

You know your body... and so when you know there is a concern do not hesitate to speak with your doctor right away...
  • ender
    ldpettit said:

BP
    It got as low as 90/55. Before chemo even started I would run about 110-80... So running this low is concerning. My MO isn't concerned right now and I monitor it at home with a BP cuff my husband uses to monitor his High BP.

Now I mention to speak with a cardiologist because a friend of mine's wife ended up having issue with Herceptin and by the 2nd treatment she almost died because it was too much for her heart. She immediately went to a hospital and saw a cardiologist... now she is on meds for her heart and they took her off of Herceptin. Now this is obviously an extreme case that I am aware of, but these chemo treatments all come with their own issues to our system. Some are lucky to have no reactions.

You know your body... and so when you know there is a concern do not hesitate to speak with your doctor right away...

Thanks so much for getting
    Thanks so much for getting back to me! Don't be afraid to alarm me. Information is the only thing that helps. I'm glad to hear your friend's wife made it through. I will call my Dr as soon as they open in one hour. I feel fine apart from the low heart rate and feeling my heart beats. I just took my morning steroid which is supposed to prevent liquid retention around my organs ( possible side effect of Taxotere).

Thanks so much for sharing, especially this early in the morning ( well at least it is in California).

Eva
  • ldpettit
    ender said:

Thanks so much for getting
    Thanks so much for getting back to me! Don't be afraid to alarm me. Information is the only thing that helps. I'm glad to hear your friend's wife made it through. I will call my Dr as soon as they open in one hour. I feel fine apart from the low heart rate and feeling my heart beats. I just took my morning steroid which is supposed to prevent liquid retention around my organs ( possible side effect of Taxotere).

Thanks so much for sharing, especially this early in the morning ( well at least it is in California).

Eva

You are welcome
    I am in AZ so we are on the same time zone. Truth be told I haven't been on here in about a month... so I'm glad I was able to be of some help. Know that if you are ever concerned you can call your doctors office and they will reach your doctor or one that is on call. Before or after hours there is ALWAYS someone available.

All my best to you!! Keep me posted on what you find out!!
  • ender
    ldpettit said:

You are welcome
    I am in AZ so we are on the same time zone. Truth be told I haven't been on here in about a month... so I'm glad I was able to be of some help. Know that if you are ever concerned you can call your doctors office and they will reach your doctor or one that is on call. Before or after hours there is ALWAYS someone available.

All my best to you!! Keep me posted on what you find out!!

That is so sweet of you.
    That is so sweet of you. Actually I did just call the office and got transferred to the doctor on call line. Talked to some receptionist and waiting to have the doctor on call call me back. I saw your question about your treatment. Unfortunately I have no answers for you. But congrats on being done with the AC!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    ender said:

That is so sweet of you.
    That is so sweet of you. Actually I did just call the office and got transferred to the doctor on call line. Talked to some receptionist and waiting to have the doctor on call call me back. I saw your question about your treatment. Unfortunately I have no answers for you. But congrats on being done with the AC!

Good Morning! I don't have
    Good Morning! I don't have medical advice regarding this, but I was happy to see that it was mentioned to call your Dr regardless if the office is open or not~ someone is indeed ALWAYS on call~ and some of those times it is even our own Drs! But even if not, we can count on the message being given to whoever is on call! I practically had my Drs office on speed-dial~ sometimes a situation warranted a call at 3AM, and I was on the phone!

I hope you find that your pulse rate problem (OMG!) is easily resolved and that you soon find yoursef on the other side of treatment and well on your way to living Life After Cancer!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • ender
    chenheart said:

Good Morning! I don't have medical advice regarding this, but I was happy to see that it was mentioned to call your Dr regardless if the office is open or not~ someone is indeed ALWAYS on call~ and some of those times it is even our own Drs! But even if not, we can count on the message being given to whoever is on call! I practically had my Drs office on speed-dial~ sometimes a situation warranted a call at 3AM, and I was on the phone!

I hope you find that your pulse rate problem (OMG!) is easily resolved and that you soon find yoursef on the other side of treatment and well on your way to living Life After Cancer!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks for your words of
    Thanks for your words of encouragement Chen!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Please call your doctor and
    Please call your doctor and let us know what he says. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs.

Leeza
  • ender
    jnl said:

Please call your doctor and
    Please call your doctor and let us know what he says. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs.

Leeza

Thanks for the support and
    Thanks for the support and advice guys!

Spoke to one of the nurses at my MO's office today. She basically said that it was fine as long as I had no accompanying symptoms such as dizziness, blurred vision or shortness of breath. At 9 PM today, my heart rate is up to 64 bpm. Nothing to worry about then I guess. I really appreciated all of your responses at my time of worry though.

Eva
  • ldpettit
    ender said:

Spoke to one of the nurses at my MO's office today. She basically said that it was fine as long as I had no accompanying symptoms such as dizziness, blurred vision or shortness of breath. At 9 PM today, my heart rate is up to 64 bpm. Nothing to worry about then I guess. I really appreciated all of your responses at my time of worry though.

Eva

Update
    Thank you for the update and AMEN!!! Have a great restful night!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    ender said:

Eva

Glad you are ok now Eva!
    Glad you are ok now Eva!