Race for the Cure this weekend in Seattle!

Huskymac
Huskymac Member Posts: 12
I am so excited to walk in the Race for the Cure this weekend! I dedicate this walk to all of you on the network! I was diagnosed last July and looking forward to being a 1 year survivor! To all of you beginning this journey...I will be thinking of you this weekend when I am with thousands of other "Breast Friends"! This journey has been the most amazing experience of my life. My heart goes out to all of you that are just now hearing the words "breast cancer"! All I can say is "Hang in there"! After reading all the posts about friends just starting treatment, I understand your fear of the unknown. I survived surgery, chemo, radiation and now taking Femara for 5 years. MRI in a month. I can honestly say that I don't think about the BC every day! When I was first diagnosed I thought about it every one minute. Trust yourself that you will survive this journey. Sunday June 5 at 9 am Seattle time, I will pray for everyone of us that have been on this journey! Thank you for always being here for me! We will find a cure!!!

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Congrats early on being a 1
    Congrats early on being a 1 year survivor! That is awesome!

And, thanks for walking for the pink sisters!

Have a great time at the Race for the Cure!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    At the same
    time you will be walking in Seattle I will be walking in Bend, OR. in our Heaven Can Wait cancer walk. All of our pink sisters will be in my heart.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    ladyg said:

At the same
    time you will be walking in Seattle I will be walking in Bend, OR. in our Heaven Can Wait cancer walk. All of our pink sisters will be in my heart.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Thank you both for walking
    Thank you both for walking for us!

Hugs, Leeza
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    jnl said:

Thank you both for walking
    Thank you both for walking for us!

Hugs, Leeza

Thank you~
    ~fellow NW Sister!
    ~Melanie (down in Tacoma/Fircrest).
  • BMS
    BMS Member Posts: 127
    Washington, DC Walk
    And I will be walking in Washington, DC on Saturday at 8:15am Eastern time. I was diagnosed last August 24th, so my one year is only a few months away. I, too, survived the chemo, surgery, more chemo and nearing my end of radiation! We can do this together!
  • mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    NW sisters are WALKING!!
    Congratulations on making through the toughest part of your journey and your upcoming anniversary!

Lots of positive energy will be coming from the Northwest soon! I'm in Renton. I can't do the Race for the Cure because it conflicts with my daughters yearly dance recitals so I will doing the Renton Relay for Life on June 10th-11th. I'll try to keep your energy moving!!

Have a great time at the Race!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    BMS said:

Washington, DC Walk
    And I will be walking in Washington, DC on Saturday at 8:15am Eastern time. I was diagnosed last August 24th, so my one year is only a few months away. I, too, survived the chemo, surgery, more chemo and nearing my end of radiation! We can do this together!

Thank you pink sisters!!!!

Thank you pink sisters!!!!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    mickeymom said:

NW sisters are WALKING!!
    Congratulations on making through the toughest part of your journey and your upcoming anniversary!

Lots of positive energy will be coming from the Northwest soon! I'm in Renton. I can't do the Race for the Cure because it conflicts with my daughters yearly dance recitals so I will doing the Renton Relay for Life on June 10th-11th. I'll try to keep your energy moving!!

Thank you all for doing
    Thank you all for doing this! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Ritzy said:

Thank you all for doing
    Thank you all for doing this! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sue :)

This is great! Have fun and
    This is great! Have fun and thanks!

Hugs, Diane
  • Huskymac
    Huskymac Member Posts: 12
    mickeymom said:

NW sisters are WALKING!!

I also live in Renton. We will be out of town this weekend or I would have joined you in the relay for life. Have a great day and thank you!

The Seattle Race for the Cure was absolutely amazing! So inspirational! I met so many wonderful women all wearing pink!

The survivor parade was fantastic! Through all the tears, cheering and clapping from the crowd I did notice that those of us in the back of the parade 0-1 year survival were either bald or had very short hair.....length of hair was definitely longer further up the parade....It made all of us laugh which felt great! I have never hugged so many people in one day! Great experience!

It was a beautiful Sunny day in Seattle so you know how special that was to all of us from the NW.

Take Care...Enjoy your Walk!