What to expect with laparoscopic hysterectomy and removal of ovaries...

bellas1965
bellas1965 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello Sisters,
I am going to be undergoing a total hysterectomy and removal of ovaries, laparoscopically. I am scared. I undertsand everyone is different, but what can I expect as far as recovery and pain? I am 45 years old with a 2 year old. I want to make sure I have a realistic understanding so I can plan ahead and try to make my 2 year old's days as "normal" as possible.
Thank you!!
Rebecca

Comments

• childofthestars
    childofthestars Member Posts: 251 Member
    Hi
    Hi Rebecca
    I've just seen your post, i'm a year older than you and was diagnosed Stage IIc last June and had total hysterectomy in August. Have you had your surgery yet and when you say laparascopically do you mean that you haven't been cut open and had all removed vaginally??????
    Michelle x
  • adriabold
    adriabold Member Posts: 5
    laparoscopic hysterectomy
    Laparoscopic hysterectomy and mesh?..the same question some one asked but they didn't clearly explained anything...so I wanted someone to explain me clearly....anyhow I have seen some information from this website
    http://www.womenhealthzone.com/womens-health-faqs/laparoscopic-hysterectomy/
    I recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy and the doctor told me he used mesh during the surgery. What would this be for?
  • jonnie71
    jonnie71 Member Posts: 26
    my experience
    Hi, I was 33 when I had mine done and i had about 2 to 3 weeks at most recovery time. it has been 7 years, but most lapriscopic things are about a week, at least the ones i had. they did my uterus vagionally and i think it was 2 weeks or so. good luck, you are braver than you think