cryoablation for RCC kidney cancer

candoredo
candoredo Member Posts: 44
Does anyone know or had Cryoablation for RCC Kidney cancer on tumors smaller than 4 cm, in Texas. This is my second one in 3 years they removed the first one open type surgery. but my health isnt as good now as it was then. I understand that this is a better option for me. I would appreciate other views on this.

Comments

• Jamie1.3cm
    Jamie1.3cm Member Posts: 188
    cryoablation
    I'm at Dallas Baylor. My doctor wanted to do the cryo since it is less invasive and therefore less traumatic. But since my tumor is sitting on my renal artery, it wasn't an option for me. From what little I know about it, if you're a candidate, I'd say you're lucky to have this easier option available.
  • candoredo

cryoablation
    I'm at Dallas Baylor. My doctor wanted to do the cryo since it is less invasive and therefore less traumatic. But since my tumor is sitting on my renal artery, it wasn't an option for me. From what little I know about it, if you're a candidate, I'd say you're lucky to have this easier option available.

cryoablation
    Jamie Thank you for your response. I go to Baylor also for my treatments. May I aks you to email me with more info on the doctor you talked to? or can you post it here? I really want to go this option, And yes I am a canidate my tumor is a 2.2 cm upper pole remal mass.
    they froze one back in 2008 but missed this one. so far it has been stable but is still there and enhansing ( has blood supply) I do not have a good right kidney and dont want to loose the left one.

I just returned from the surgeon office today. He is looking at the latest MRI pictures and will sit up a percutaneous ablation of the tumor, his statement was I was too thick for the open surgery, I had to chuckle at him and tell him that isnt thick that is fat. He explained he would have to go in the back area to get to the tumor inorder to do it open surgery and he would like for me to have it this way. I agreed with him. Thanks for all the support and kind words. I will keep you guys posted.
  • candoredo
    candoredo said:

cryoablation
    Jamie Thank you for your response. I go to Baylor also for my treatments. May I aks you to email me with more info on the doctor you talked to? or can you post it here? I really want to go this option, And yes I am a canidate my tumor is a 2.2 cm upper pole remal mass.
    they froze one back in 2008 but missed this one. so far it has been stable but is still there and enhansing ( has blood supply) I do not have a good right kidney and dont want to loose the left one.

I just returned from the surgeon office today. He is looking at the latest MRI pictures and will sit up a percutaneous ablation of the tumor, his statement was I was too thick for the open surgery, I had to chuckle at him and tell him that isnt thick that is fat. He explained he would have to go in the back area to get to the tumor inorder to do it open surgery and he would like for me to have it this way. I agreed with him. Thanks for all the support and kind words. I will keep you guys posted.

kidney surgery
    Just got the news from my surgeon. the tumor has gone too long for cryoablation or RFA type ablation. I will have to have open surgey to remove the tumor. I am now waiting on the date and time to report for the surgery. I am not looking forward to it but it has to be done, so the sooner the better for me. I will keep you posted as to when it will be. and how long I am in the hospital. Please keep me in your thoughts.