thrush

does anyone ever keep getting oral and if so do you know why. i just got over it and now i haave it again?

Comments

• KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    Thrush
    People with an poor immune system are more prone to thrush than the average person. Thrush is a yeast in the body. It can overgrow and get Out of control if the body's immune system is not strong enough to fight it back. If you are being treated and it keeps coming back, it may be because your immune system is weak and can only suppress it for a short period of time. It could also be because it is lower in your GI tract than just your mouth and you may need the medication in a tablet form, instead of or in addition to the liquid medication that you "paint" in your mouth. Kellie
  • skuttlebug
    skuttlebug Member Posts: 45
    KC13167 said:

Thrush
    People with an poor immune system are more prone to thrush than the average person. Thrush is a yeast in the body. It can overgrow and get Out of control if the body's immune system is not strong enough to fight it back. If you are being treated and it keeps coming back, it may be because your immune system is weak and can only suppress it for a short period of time. It could also be because it is lower in your GI tract than just your mouth and you may need the medication in a tablet form, instead of or in addition to the liquid medication that you "paint" in your mouth. Kellie

pill form
    i had the pill form last weak because it was in mmy esophagus. its really painful my doctor has me drinking ensure for the imune are they anything else i can do to boost my immune system? denise
  • michelleb1064
    michelleb1064 Member Posts: 53
    Thrush
    Ask your doctor for Diflucan. It works wonders and is a prevenative, so you take it the day you get chemo and for the next 5 days or so. I get chemo ABVD and I used to get thrush almost every time I got chemo, but now that I have the Diflucan I haven't had thrush once.
  • skuttlebug

Thrush
    Ask your doctor for Diflucan. It works wonders and is a prevenative, so you take it the day you get chemo and for the next 5 days or so. I get chemo ABVD and I used to get thrush almost every time I got chemo, but now that I have the Diflucan I haven't had thrush once.

finished chemo
    i finised chemo chemo about two years ago and maintience about a year ago my pc said mabey it was one of my medications but the onlyy thing new is the one for a low thyoid gland and he put me on that one. denise
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member

finished chemo
    i finised chemo chemo about two years ago and maintience about a year ago my pc said mabey it was one of my medications but the onlyy thing new is the one for a low thyoid gland and he put me on that one. denise

Ensure
    Denise,
    I see you are drinking Ensure. I drank it everyday during my whole chemo thing. It has a lot of Vits. and Min. you need to keep you well and gives you energy. I only paid $7 a case going thru the Cancer Center. Check back with them and see if they can offer you that deal. It is well worth it. Strawberry tastes just like a Mcdonalds shake. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • skuttlebug
    COBRA666 said:

Ensure
    Denise,
    I see you are drinking Ensure. I drank it everyday during my whole chemo thing. It has a lot of Vits. and Min. you need to keep you well and gives you energy. I only paid $7 a case going thru the Cancer Center. Check back with them and see if they can offer you that deal. It is well worth it. Strawberry tastes just like a Mcdonalds shake. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

ensure
    thanks john i started asking around after you mentioned it and my pc fixedit so i can get 24 every 27 days the one to help boost your immune system it wont last that long because cold it doesnt taste to bad denise
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member

ensure
    thanks john i started asking around after you mentioned it and my pc fixedit so i can get 24 every 27 days the one to help boost your immune system it wont last that long because cold it doesnt taste to bad denise

Ensure
    Now that I brought it up I think I will call tomorrow and get another 24 cans. John