metastic breast cancer/taxatore and herceptin

nancy83100
nancy83100 Member Posts: 4
is anyone going through this? side effects from taxatore i get such leg weakness sometimes i cannot walk I am on treatment number 5. I was told herceptin indefinite, well that is scarey anyone going through this as well.

Comments

• smilingdeb
    smilingdeb Member Posts: 50
    I get leg weakness to
    Hi nancy83100,

I am a newbie here. I was diagnose with Inflammatory Carcinoma, stage 3b, grade 3 and I am also taking Herceptin, Taxotere and Carboplatin. I get leg weakness too esp. in the morning when I wake up. Since I am taking all three chemo at once during my treatments I don't know if my weakness in the legs is from Taxotere but I do know that Herceptin is one of the side effect. Reading the print out that my doctor gave me it does say that fatigue and weakness is one of the side effect on Taxotere. I have invited you as a friend if you would like to chat. If anyone else is going through this I would love to chat with you too.

smilingdeb
  • kit kat
    kit kat Member Posts: 56

I get leg weakness to
    Hi nancy83100,

I am a newbie here. I was diagnose with Inflammatory Carcinoma, stage 3b, grade 3 and I am also taking Herceptin, Taxotere and Carboplatin. I get leg weakness too esp. in the morning when I wake up. Since I am taking all three chemo at once during my treatments I don't know if my weakness in the legs is from Taxotere but I do know that Herceptin is one of the side effect. Reading the print out that my doctor gave me it does say that fatigue and weakness is one of the side effect on Taxotere. I have invited you as a friend if you would like to chat. If anyone else is going through this I would love to chat with you too.

smilingdeb

Yes I had exstream weakness.
    Yes I had exstream weakness. I shuffled around alot.And tired out. Good luck I think it's from The nelaster shot.and everything else.:(
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I too have mets, but am ++-,
    I too have mets, but am ++-, on Abraxane and Xgeva, with Nupogen shots as needed. Also taking Tamoxifen. I have horrible weakness and pain in my legs. Was taking a lot of hot baths to relieve some of the pain, but they had to stop again, getting rads on the tailbone and bum bones to try and alleviate some of this pain!

Pain is better with Xgeva than when I was on Zometa, but a trip to the grocery store still wipes me out. Now take Oxycodone at night when pain gets real bad, and Tylenol 3 during the day, if needed.

On Oxy the pain is better, but I can't sleep. I was looking up the side effects of the cancer meds and many list bone pain as a side effect.

Would love to hear of something that helps

~Carol