OT Stamp Out Hunger is Tomorrow

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
Don't forget to leave a bag of canned goods and non-perishables for your letter carrier tomorrow. Food banks get low this time of year. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Will do
    I thought about this BUT didn't see that our PO was taking donations.Thank You for the reminder.I'm going to call them.

The town 25 miles from us has signs everywhere and it was in their paper(we subscribe to).Our own small town paper had nothing but I'm not surprised.Many people/orgs can't seem to get things in this paper. Seems to be financial problems.

Lynn Smith
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thanks, CC!
    I also posted a

Thanks, CC!

I also posted a link on FaceBook~ I think the USPS started this canned food drive in 1993!!!! I started collecting food about a month ago~ my mail carrier is either going to love me or hate me!

It is indeed an National Event~ and thanks again for reminding the Kindred Spirits about this important event to help feed the hungry.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Thanks for the
    Thanks for the reminder.
    ~Carol
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    camul said:

Thanks for the
    Thanks for the reminder.
    ~Carol

Went
    To the grocery this morning..glad you put the reminder out...like Chen...our carrier is either gonna love me or.......I'm going to have to put the items in large trash bags..bad storms and rain predicted, so they don't get drenched....

Thanks again for the reminder, Cypress...hope you are not in the flooding areas....

I have beautiful Leland Cypress trees that I planted 21 years ago....would love to have some Italian Cypress..don't know about our climate though...

Hugs, Nancy
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Not putting any out
    I take bags to our Food Bank every now and then (and fill up the bluebags the Boy Scouts put out and collect), but I will not put food out at our mail box. The box is over 1/2 mile away and is one of those big 'banks' of locked boxes and with the amount of JD's in this area I'm not about to food that is needed by some out for 'kiddie pies' to do hevaen knows what with. I will/do donate but make sure it gets where it should. Just how I feel.

Susan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Rague said:

Not putting any out
    I take bags to our Food Bank every now and then (and fill up the bluebags the Boy Scouts put out and collect), but I will not put food out at our mail box. The box is over 1/2 mile away and is one of those big 'banks' of locked boxes and with the amount of JD's in this area I'm not about to food that is needed by some out for 'kiddie pies' to do hevaen knows what with. I will/do donate but make sure it gets where it should. Just how I feel.

Susan

Your heart is in the right place!
    Your ♥ is in the right pace, Susan! This is a great opportunity for those who want to donate but don't know where to etc~ and a great time to clean out the cupboards, too!
    Your area food banks certainly appreciate what you do~ there is no doubt about it! :-) I certainly understand your reluctance to leave food at your mailbox!

Claudia
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thanks for the reminder!
    I passed out some flyers at work and posted it on my HR group's listserv so that more people can get the word out.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Thanks for the reminder!
    I passed out some flyers at work and posted it on my HR group's listserv so that more people can get the word out.

Color me ready .. and all packed ...
    bags are ready by our front door!

Vicki