pre op testing

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I told myself hold it together my whole ride to hospital..but I lost it...CRYING when I walked in...dummy me...

I am so stresssed with another issue on top of surgery, pain, recovery and work...

emotionally drained...today...and still have sat, sun and mon to get through...

Denise

should be 4-5 days in hospital

Comments

• butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Awww...
    Denise you of all people should have this down pat by now. I'm sorry that your walls seem to be crowding in around you. You are a strong woman and this too shall pass. Treat yourself to something fun this weekend to try and help take your mind off it. I think maybe you need a night out with girlfriends, that always works for me. Non stop giggles...

Hugs and well wishes my friend,

Lorrie
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Denise,
    It really was no

Denise,
    It really was no worse than my c-sections. Once again the anticipation was worse than the procedure. You may end up doing really well and not have to stay in the hospital so long. I was told 4 days and stayed 2.... But even if you stay all 4 use that time to let others take care of you. My last stay was 8 days and my boys brought a little dvd player and we watched movies.
    We will all be with you on this. Will keep you in my prayers.
    ~Carol
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    I understand that hopeless feeling...
    Denise I know this can't be easy for you. I know that feeling of "not again." You will get through it though. Think of the hospital stay as a small vacation from cleaning and cooking and caring for everyone else. Spend it relaxing and catching up on tv shows. While not the best place to be you can still make the most of it and be babied and cared for. It just sucks that you have to endure all this but you will get through it. I don't even know you well but get the feeling that you will be fine. I will be thinking of you~

Angela
  • disneyfan2008

Awww...
    Denise you of all people should have this down pat by now. I'm sorry that your walls seem to be crowding in around you. You are a strong woman and this too shall pass. Treat yourself to something fun this weekend to try and help take your mind off it. I think maybe you need a night out with girlfriends, that always works for me. Non stop giggles...

Hugs and well wishes my friend,

Lorrie

@lorrie funny you say that
    GNO (girls night out) is tonight at 5:00 counting the minutes...and one of them gave me a 4+foot tall MINNIE mouse last night..huge...stuffed ...Maybe i'll take her to chill in my hospital bed..

I KNOW my other stresses will go away...(I must say I take time to take notice of the good times...until next bump or mountain in the road)

I was gonna cancel due to not wanting to be the black cloud..but all (4) of us take turns..

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    camul said:

Denise,
    It really was no

Denise,
    It really was no worse than my c-sections. Once again the anticipation was worse than the procedure. You may end up doing really well and not have to stay in the hospital so long. I was told 4 days and stayed 2.... But even if you stay all 4 use that time to let others take care of you. My last stay was 8 days and my boys brought a little dvd player and we watched movies.
    We will all be with you on this. Will keep you in my prayers.
    ~Carol

rule of thumb
    I and up and going faster then they say...ex: shoulder sugery said out of work 6 wks and went back at 3...breast surgery said 3 wks and went back in less then 2...when I have had same day surgery...(when I babysat full times) I had day care kids next day..and when my youngest was born...had her sat am and had day cares back at my house Tues...(I Must say that was 19 yrs ago..hehe)

I Think just overwhelmed with other issues and my mind is mush...I just want IT OVER >>>

Denise...

Thanks..for replies
  • disneyfan2008
    robang13 said:

I understand that hopeless feeling...
    Denise I know this can't be easy for you. I know that feeling of "not again." You will get through it though. Think of the hospital stay as a small vacation from cleaning and cooking and caring for everyone else. Spend it relaxing and catching up on tv shows. While not the best place to be you can still make the most of it and be babied and cared for. It just sucks that you have to endure all this but you will get through it. I don't even know you well but get the feeling that you will be fine. I will be thinking of you~

Angela

@angela
    I have great sun room...once I am a bit on my feet...i can hang out there windows up..sun and breeze....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am hoping i can make our memorial weekend camping trip..even IF I JUST sit in lawn chair and do nothing...just to sit by fire ahhhhhhhhh heaven...i'll just bring nice big comfy lawn chair...cuddle in blacket...
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

@lorrie funny you say that
    GNO (girls night out) is tonight at 5:00 counting the minutes...and one of them gave me a 4+foot tall MINNIE mouse last night..huge...stuffed ...Maybe i'll take her to chill in my hospital bed..

I KNOW my other stresses will go away...(I must say I take time to take notice of the good times...until next bump or mountain in the road)

I was gonna cancel due to not wanting to be the black cloud..but all (4) of us take turns..

Denise

You just go out tonight with
    You just go out tonight with your girlfriends and have the most fun ever! I know it is easy for me to say, but, try not to stress out Denise.

Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery. And, praying for a quick recovery for you.

♥ Noel
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

@angela
    I have great sun room...once I am a bit on my feet...i can hang out there windows up..sun and breeze....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am hoping i can make our memorial weekend camping trip..even IF I JUST sit in lawn chair and do nothing...just to sit by fire ahhhhhhhhh heaven...i'll just bring nice big comfy lawn chair...cuddle in blacket...

Hang on....
    It is overwhelming...the waiting is so agonizing.....and the anticipation sometimes worse than the actual procedure....

I had a hysterectomy a loooonnngg time ago...low bikini incision....had it on a Monday...home on Friday...I will say Wednesday was my worse day...lots and lots of "gas" pains, which is normal...after that, just a great deal of soreness, not pain...kind of hard to stand upright...as uncomfortable as it is, get up as soon as they allow you and try to walk....and again, drink lots of fluids...helps with bowel movements and to flush the anesthesia
    From your system... was 37 at the time...they did not take my ovaries..I will say it takes about 6 weeks for a full recovery..fatigue was a big factor, even at 37....ONE BIG PIECE OF ADVICE...if they catherize you, and most likely they will....tell your gynocologist you don't want it done until you are put under....it can be uncomfortable...my gyno agreed and she told me and I already knew this, that there is no medical reason to do it until one is put under, other than it saves THEM time in the OR....well, I would rather save MYSELF discomfort...didn't care about saving them time...lol

Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery...we'll be with you in spirit..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Sending prayers
    Try to have some fun this weekend! Anticipation is the worst and we've all had plenty of that.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery! This is just a speed bump, you'll soon be back to "normal".
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    MAJW said:

Hang on....
    It is overwhelming...the waiting is so agonizing.....and the anticipation sometimes worse than the actual procedure....

I had a hysterectomy a loooonnngg time ago...low bikini incision....had it on a Monday...home on Friday...I will say Wednesday was my worse day...lots and lots of "gas" pains, which is normal...after that, just a great deal of soreness, not pain...kind of hard to stand upright...as uncomfortable as it is, get up as soon as they allow you and try to walk....and again, drink lots of fluids...helps with bowel movements and to flush the anesthesia
    From your system... was 37 at the time...they did not take my ovaries..I will say it takes about 6 weeks for a full recovery..fatigue was a big factor, even at 37....ONE BIG PIECE OF ADVICE...if they catherize you, and most likely they will....tell your gynocologist you don't want it done until you are put under....it can be uncomfortable...my gyno agreed and she told me and I already knew this, that there is no medical reason to do it until one is put under, other than it saves THEM time in the OR....well, I would rather save MYSELF discomfort...didn't care about saving them time...lol

Hugs, Nancy

I was awake
    I was awake during my surgery(had a epideral)I bet spelling is wrong.I requested that and 2 doctors.Anyway in the beginning I knew what was going on.THEN complications.The doctor said "s" and I was out.Something went wrong.The big fibroid was cut into sections and I bled bad. I came to again.Then back under.When I woke up I asked"How much longer".Not long.I said THANK YOU to the doctors.The one said THANK YOU to me.I made it.

As I always say what can happen, happens to me.That is why I pray alot when things go wrong.This surgery was 16 years ago so things are so much different now.Things are more simple than that long ago.

Denise if you think you are scared I was so scared I cancelled my first scheduled surgery.Then of course I felt the fibroid growing very soon after.I called and didn't get in for a month.So it had more time to grow in this little belly of mine. Not good.

Will be thinking of you on Tues.Prayers and thoughts your way.It will be fine.It won't be like me.I am a exception.

Sit out in the sunroom and enjoy the weather.Wishing sunshine for you too.

Lynn Smith
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    (((((((hugs)))))) Sweet
    (((((((hugs)))))) Sweet Sister! We oftentimes think we have it sooo together, only to experience just what you described. "This too shall pass"; and in the meanwhile, we are holding you up, cheering you on, and holding you close! Just as you so often do for us.

Chen♥
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Denise
    hang in there. Know that we are all with you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333

@angela

I hear you. I'm hoping you

I hear you. I'm hoping you will be able to go on that trip! Sending good thoughts our way!! Nothing like sitting by the fire at night listening to all the sounds! I love camping~
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    (((HUGS))) and
    (((HUGS))) and prayers!

Nancy
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Hugs & Prayers to you!!!
    Hugs & Prayers to you!!! With so much on your mind... We will certainly be thinking of you during this time. Bless you.
  • disneyfan2008
    MAJW said:

Hang on....

Hugs, Nancy

thanks for all the imput
    yes waiting it the worst..I want it over with now..tomrrow at this time i'll be zzzz

MY breast surgery and my shoulder I had them knock me out (aka make me loopy and lights out in 2 seconds in holding area) I will beg them to do the same tomorrow..

Thanks..

Denise
  • disneyfan2008

I was awake
    I was awake during my surgery(had a epideral)I bet spelling is wrong.I requested that and 2 doctors.Anyway in the beginning I knew what was going on.THEN complications.The doctor said "s" and I was out.Something went wrong.The big fibroid was cut into sections and I bled bad. I came to again.Then back under.When I woke up I asked"How much longer".Not long.I said THANK YOU to the doctors.The one said THANK YOU to me.I made it.

As I always say what can happen, happens to me.That is why I pray alot when things go wrong.This surgery was 16 years ago so things are so much different now.Things are more simple than that long ago.

Denise if you think you are scared I was so scared I cancelled my first scheduled surgery.Then of course I felt the fibroid growing very soon after.I called and didn't get in for a month.So it had more time to grow in this little belly of mine. Not good.

Will be thinking of you on Tues.Prayers and thoughts your way.It will be fine.It won't be like me.I am a exception.

Sit out in the sunroom and enjoy the weather.Wishing sunshine for you too.

Lynn Smith

awake NO way
    I had my finger (yes tiny finger surgery) and I freaked out while awake...few weeks later I had to have other hand done...THE dr knocked me out..HE just put I DO NOT handle lack of anasthesia (SP?)

I even passed out COLD in the office right after I took out stitches-smelly salts etc..

MY shoulder and boob surgery they gave me LOOPY med in holding area..but I was out cold in 2 seconds -I WILL ask for the same tomorrow...
  • disneyfan2008
    LVG said:

Hugs & Prayers to you!!!
    Hugs & Prayers to you!!! With so much on your mind... We will certainly be thinking of you during this time. Bless you.

Thanks
    Thanks to all for good thoughts....

24 hr from now I"LL be out cold and know no differnce....for awhile anyhow..

I just want this over ....done...finished...

Denise